• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

Nybo had trouble scraping together enough cash to play the Euro tournaments. A teammate put together a gofundme page and he was able to play the Euro tourneys and probably enough for USDGC.

Injured. Not playing until USDGC.

I was wondering where was KJ Nybo.

Kj nybo doesn't play worlds. He plays usdgc but even that probably isn't even a cost efficient for someone traveling from where he does for that amount of time. I'm sure he makes more just working a 9-5 and being in ye comforts of his home and family... I think he placed in the 20s last year, maybe made a grand... Plus with the American talent here...

Makes sense for him to stay in Europe and smash there, while Simons here of course :p

Can't wait for KJ to come to USDGC. He always shows pretty well at the top events - lead card at La Mirada, Konopiste, Euro Masters - even though he isn't pounding the pavement and touring all that much. Hope Simon is back by then, but there's been a little chatter he might be out until 2017.

KJ has played the World DG Tour events, I suspect that they are paying his way to those tournaments, and will bring him to USDGC as part of that.

:confused: If you do any web work you know it takes 5 seconds to change a picture. It happened 4 days ago. What are they waiting for? As if the PDGA has so many more pressing things to take care of.

Are you happy? It takes 5 seconds to respond.

FWIW, I have an "Avair" Val personally signed at the KCWO less than two months before she became a 1x Champion.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Innova still doesn't give her a disc. Chicks names on discs tend to be an impedement to sales. They found this out with Juliana Korver. Hence Des Reading and Val didn't get one, despite multiple world championships. The signature disc thing is about sales for the product, not rewarding a champion.

The signature disc thing is absolutely about rewarding a champion. Players with their name on a disc get a cut of the sales of that disc.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this - though as it's the result of 2016 Worlds, why not?

Anybody else think they could have chosen a better picture of Rick for the pdga.com homepage?

Anybody else think they could have chosen a better picture of Rick for the pdga.com homepage?

Which one? There are 2 or 3 different pictures of him on the front page news. None of them are bad. I am not too into that flat-billed, bill up high look, but Rick has that aw-shucks, nice kid thing going, so it kind of suits him.

The signature disc thing is absolutely about rewarding a champion. Players with their name on a disc get a cut of the sales of that disc.
Swing and a miss. You even quoted my point and somehow missed it.

If what you were saying was true, Val would have her name on three discs already.

But I wouldn't be surprised if Innova still doesn't give her a disc. Chicks names on discs tend to be an impedement to sales. They found this out with Juliana Korver. Hence Des Reading and Val didn't get one, despite multiple world championships. The signature disc thing is about sales for the product, not rewarding a champion.

Do you have any actual evidence whatsoever that this is true?

Swing and a miss. You even quoted my point and somehow missed it.

If what you were saying was true, Val would have her name on three discs already.

A world championship doesn't guarantee a signature disc, but a signature disc does guarantee a cut for the player, thus rewarding the champion. Foul tip on your own reading comprehension scarpfish.

Innova didn't give Des Reading a disc? What's this?

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-firebird-des-reading-tour-series.html

Btw, two different discs with "chicks names" on them on this page too.

http://proshop.innovadiscs.com/limited-production/tour-series.html

He was flustered during the final 9. He picked a weird/hard time to go for the 2 and went deep into the woods instead.

And then he missed a 20 footer. He had pretty much conceded, understandably.

Although I'm not gonna lie, when Ricky played the semi final round he didn't look sharp and focused he took a couple 3s on some routine holes. And when he winced with his ankle, and Paul closed the gap to within 5 before the final 9, I still thought Paul was going to catch him (a couple Paul birdies and Ricky bogies) and at least force a playoff.

Really??? Ricky finished the semis at 52, -9, with catching two bad breaks at the end and having a pure spit-out early. And that was the only round where Paul beat him out of 5 1/2 rounds.

Me too. The best thing that happened to Rick there was the round ended, if the ankle tweak and McBeast mode had happened midway thru the round I think Paul may have caught him.

This for sure. I really wonder how much closer McBeth could have kept it if he used the same slightly conservative game plan that Ricky executed so well all week

Rick was sitting with a 5-throw lead, the highest % of green hits (61%), with only one inside the circle miss (a spit-out), and only 2 OBs and 2 bogeys all week. And you guys think Paul was gonna catch him in 9 holes??? ....Based on ... what? Rick was gonna bogey two or three during the final 9 holes??? He only bogeyed the island hole (only his third of the tourney) because he was so excited he had it wrapped up. There was no catching him.

Consider that going into the finals you know up front that Rick is gonna birdie three of those, meaning Paul has to have 8. And you know 1 & 16 are two of the hardest birdies on the course. I applaud Rick for sticking with his plan of how he played the holes all week -- high percentage shots, his execution, and his putting. Two Bogeys all week heading into the finals! And one of those was a bad rollaway on a slightly high birdie putt just outside the circle! He simply crushed the courses.

We are talking about stock production Sig discs, which innova reserves for world champions. Tour series is different.

...stamps on plastic...;)

Perhaps her current contract doesn't include provisions for signature discs considering her championship drought.
Seriously, though, great shooting Val! :hfive:

Can we wait til 2017?
That's quite a while in dgcr time.