• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] 2019 Nate Sexton Firebird Artwork

RocOn

I've seen a few on Ebay. The artwork has been really amazing every year, but this new one looks really poorly done compared to the previous years. Also, Nate is not featured in the middle spinning his putter. I was curious if anyone else felt this stamp was a real let down like me... Maybe it's not the official final one lol. I'm sure they are great throwers like previous ones, but from a collectors standpoint, I would probably pass on putting these away for increased value in the future.

All tour series discs are now illustrated by Innova West. Some stamps are now better than they used to be, some are now worse. Maybe Nate Sexton had somebody outside of Innova West do his before? And now it is handled by somebody different?

IDK.

I've been wanting to do a tour series stamp for a few specific people but it looks like I'm gonna have to get hired by West to do them. It's lame… But I understand why they did that.

I've seen a few on Ebay. The artwork has been really amazing every year, but this new one looks really poorly done compared to the previous years. Also, Nate is not featured in the middle spinning his putter. I was curious if anyone else felt this stamp was a real let down like me...

Strongly disagree. While the 2018 artwork's my favorite, I like this year's better than any of the other ones. 2015 and 2016 in particular didn't look all that great to me. BTW, Nate's spinning his putter between the N and S between "Nate Sexton" and "Glow Champion."

And yeah, you really shouldn't be hoarding them.

Collector value generally comes down to year of manufacture, not so much stamp art. Give it a couple years and 2019s will be going for 40 bucks or whatever. Side note, buying a disc for 25 dollars and selling it for 40 two years later doesn't seem like the greatest investment. Throw them

Collector value generally comes down to year of manufacture, not so much stamp art. Give it a couple years and 2019s will be going for 40 bucks or whatever. Side note, buying a disc for 25 dollars and selling it for 40 two years later doesn't seem like the greatest investment. Throw them

Please, tell us of a better investment. What do you invest in?
Buy 5 for 85 delivered. Today, you can sell that box in minutes for...
2015 $1100
2016 $350
2017 $300
USDGC $150
2018 $125

Please, tell us of a better investment. What do you invest in?
Buy 5 for 85 delivered. Today, you can sell that box in minutes for...
2015 $1100
2016 $350
2017 $300
USDGC $150
2018 $125

Minutes is a gigantic exaggeration. But hey, have fun with it. I imagine most people are just buying more plastic with their profits. To each their own

Don't be a dick and stockpile discs that people WANT to own and THROW --- just to make 10-15$ per disc. its a dick move if you ask me.

and you didn't - but I'm telling you - don't stockpile then sell later, butthole

Real estate. Stock portfolios. Etc.
Golf discs are more fun, for sure, but these other options are better if long term financial growth are your priority.

Ok, I'll stop my $100 Sexton purchases, someday I'll reach 20k for a down payment on a rental property!

Minutes is a gigantic exaggeration. But hey, have fun with it. I imagine most people are just buying more plastic with their profits. To each their own

Just checked recent data from this week

A raffle for a set of 4 2015s filled in 3 hours @ $1000. That's 180 minutes.
5 at a lower price per disc would still sell in minutes, don't ya reckon?

Just checked recent data from this week

A raffle for a set of 4 2015s filled in 3 hours @ $1000. That's 180 minutes.
5 at a lower price per disc would still sell in minutes, don't ya reckon?

You forgot to add the 4 years from 2015 to 2019. That's more like 2,102,400 minutes + your 180 minutes. ;)

Don't be a dick and stockpile discs that people WANT to own and THROW --- just to make 10-15$ per disc. its a dick move if you ask me.

and you didn't - but I'm telling you - don't stockpile then sell later, butthole

Lol everything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. You should be calling the buyers "dicks" for driving up the price.

The goal is to support Nate. Who cares how that happens.That disc flies like 10 other molds out right now.

Throw stock plastic or get a better job.

Pretty simple. No need to get froggy.

Last edited:
Lol everything is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. You should be calling the buyers "dicks" for driving up the price.

The goal is to support Nate. That disc flies like 10 other molds out right now.

Throw stock plastic or get a better job.

Pretty simple. No need to get froggy.

Blame the buyer? are you tarded? the reason people WILL pay is because they ARENT available because Dickbags buy like 30 of them at a time. then RESELL knowing the $ will go up when nobody else can find them.....that's being a DICK and stockpiling and flipping is a dick move.

But whatever I throw stock for the most part anyway.

ps: don't be a dick. buddy

you're not my buddy, guy

I'm not your guy, fwriend

Buying Sexton Firebirds from the store supports Nate. Flipping Sexton Firebirds supports the flipper, not Nate. Unless, of course, the flipper donates part of the profit to Nate.

Sounds like a win win to me

Blame the buyer? are you tarded? the reason people WILL pay is because they ARENT available because Dickbags buy like 30 of them at a time. then RESELL knowing the $ will go up when nobody else can find them.....that's being a DICK and stockpiling and flipping is a dick move.

But whatever I throw stock for the most part anyway.

ps: don't be a dick. buddy

you're not my buddy, guy

I'm not your guy, fwriend

So is it Innova's fault for making them limited? Im not sure the guy risking his money on a stack of frisbees is the problem.

Being a "dick" usually has other factors outside of making money off discs. You seem like your checking a few of the other boxes with your posts.

Buying Sexton Firebirds from the store supports Nate. Flipping Sexton Firebirds supports the flipper, not Nate. Unless, of course, the flipper donates part of the profit to Nate.

Doesnt this make it more of an Innova supporting Nate problem? The reason they are so easy to flip is they are so hard to get from the store. Seems like Innova could flood the market with new ones and pretty much crush the secondary market. Or maybe Nate and Innova are content with the number they run each year as they are never stuck with leftovers.

Doesnt this make it more of an Innova supporting Nate problem? The reason they are so easy to flip is they are so hard to get from the store. Seems like Innova could flood the market with new ones and pretty much crush the secondary market. Or maybe Nate and Innova are content with the number they run each year as they are never stuck with leftovers.

Im suprised more ppl arent upset with Innova. They create a "factory store" where they charge you retail(sometimes more) without the discs ever leaving their wharehouse.

Its smart buisness to limit production on high demand discs. It will guarantee the next years run sells.

Also, whats the difference between a guy at home buying 30 sextons and selling them for more AND the companies you buy discs from?

Disc Company X gets 100 sextons firebirds for 12$ a piece....sells for 20$(plus shipping)...i buy them for 20$, hold for a year and sell for 30$.

Im the bad guy? Ok then :)

I think Innova is trying to flood the market with Sextons, but it swallows everything they throw in.

I wish more discs from the 11x KC Pro era were boxed up by hoarders. I wasn't playing or buying at the time to know I'd want them 15 years later. I now happily buy Cheetahs for 5-9x retail, knowing someone has held on to it for over a decade. Wish more guys had bought a box of 5 tye dye Cheetahs as an investment. Chuckers used them up.

Latest posts