• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] 3 New discs announced for 2016

Looks to me like the Culverin is supposed to to be Thunderbird-like.

Falchion would be cool if it was like a beat-in Teebird, just straight with power.

Knight lookes pretty wide rimmed and is said to be understable: not sure how it will differ from Havok and Bolt. If it's less flippy, and more Tern-like, that would be a nice add.

Pmantle said:
They have some old designs that need to go away. Good to see them getting newer drivers. I have always preferd Westside and DD drivers. That may change.

Well, for drivers they did just discontinue the Blitz, Villain, Vision, & Riot. Paladin is probably some replacement for those.

So, I've been zooming in on the images of discs and taking a closer look here: http://www.latitude64.se/uploads/1/5/2/8/15287922/latitude-catalog-2016-us.pdf . A few observations below:

Paladin – "Overstable Distance Driver" printed on disc. Estimated speed 10 as rim is wider than the Culverin but thinner than the Flow.
Knight – Text on disc states "Understable Control Driver" and speed "14" is also written on the disc.
Falchion – Text on disc states "Stable Fairway Driver". Looks to be speed 7 or 8 comparing rim sizes.

So, I've been zooming in on the images of discs and taking a closer look here: http://www.latitude64.se/uploads/1/5/2/8/15287922/latitude-catalog-2016-us.pdf . A few observations below:

Paladin – "Overstable Distance Driver" printed on disc. Estimated speed 10 as rim is wider than the Culverin but thinner than the Flow.
Knight – Text on disc states "Understable Control Driver" and speed "14" is also written on the disc.
Falchion – Text on disc states "Stable Fairway Driver". Looks to be speed 7 or 8 comparing rim sizes.

Might want to have your eyes checked...the text on the Knight says "Understable Wide Rim Driver".

Falchion will debut in this year's Trilogy Challenge. I'd expect it to be a low speed stable disc with a bit of high speed turn, as the rest of TC discs are apparently relatively understable.

DD seems to have the best discs too. I decided to limit my Trilogy buys to DD a couple years ago. But still only own the Trespass, Renegade, Escape, and Truth.

Agreed, its nice having the assortment but other then the Claymore and Vision I don't throw much Latitude 64. I did try the Missilin and the Raketin........haha yeah no, they just roll around the trunk of my car now.
DD's Truth and Thief are fantastic. Also tried the Renegade but didn't have much luck with it.

Knight

Knight revealed. 14 4 -1 4.

May 6.

9106302_orig.jpg

Trop de boeuf pour moi - too much beef, even with a -1 turn.

I like (*not) how Speed 14 is imposed on the image of some kind of knob. Reminds me of "This one goes to 11" from This is Spinal Tap

Last edited:
Falchion. Too much to hope for a faster glidier worn in TL? They have flights path up on inbounds. but I'm beginning to dislike inbounds, its like they just create a flight path based on numbers.

Latest posts