• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Disc this year?

anybody happen to be going to the Wilmington ace race next sunday?

Im thinking aero too

Prototype disc for 2011: wide, heavy putter!

2011 Ace Race prototype disc

This year's proto is unique and sweet, and we think you're going to love it! It's the widest diameter putt and approach model Discraft has ever offered, so it can legally weigh in at a hefty 183 grams (subject to PDGA approval)... that's at least a full seven grams more than other putters! The disc is obedient to its master and goes where you throw it, delivering directional precision and soft, flat landings. The rim is beadless and feels great in your hand. Think of it as a shorter, slower Comet that is hungry for chains.

class: putt and approach
plastics: ESP and Pro D
width: 22.06 cm
max weight: 182 or 183, depending on PDGA ruling

2011disc_sm.jpg

i'll show up no matter what they put out because the ace race is a blast...I am a little hesitant about this but optimisticas well. I have a 75% dcraft bag and trust them at least as much as any other competitor...

Hey boots I've never thrown an aero, does this mean my wishes of a zone ss will not be fulfilled?

This new disc sounds really....disappointing. It should be fun to have an ace race with, to watch 90% of everyone out there turning it over, but after that, mine are most likely for sale. I hope the bag is somewhat awesome tho.

i'm sad about the disc choice, happy about the bag... either way its well worth the $26

A heavy, neutral, large diameter putter? I'm actually getting pretty excited...

jubuttib said:
A heavy, neutral, large diameter putter? I'm actually getting pretty excited...

+1, i think it will be a lot better than people think.

If vibram, Discmania, MVP etc made this disc you guys would be dick-punching each other to line up and throw it first. :lol:

Im actually pretty stoked as well. Glad to see DC taking some risks if you will when it comes to disc design. Really hope the comet description holds true.

Latest posts