• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Disc this year?

I'm just curious, how many of you guys regularly throw Aeros?

Not too much I'm assuming. I think this disc wasn't really revolutionary at all.

I know a LOT of discraft guys who are going to love this though! (johansen johansen johansen)

I do, they are great approach discs. They fly sooooo slow, and flat. Even at 180g they just glide along and settle to the ground and stop. I almost always have one on me when I play. They do kind of suck in the wind though:(

Aeros are like the smaller leach conjoined twin of the Mako they had to cut off so the Mako could survive.

almost all the dudes that I know that threw aeros have moved to the dart. Maybe they are tapping that sweet dart market.

I'm severely underwhelmed. If DC was going to copy an Innova mold, at least copy a popular one. Not one that went OOP in their best plastic (champ). I'd much rather throw a lid than an Aero clone. Plus, I hated the Breeze, DC's last slow, understable disc. Good for the ace race though.

So, as an Ace Race TD, what would be the best hole length for these lids? About the same for the Focus 2 years ago?

This is DC catering to the new player right? A more lid-like disc that may have a familiar feel for folks, and a bag that would be great for beginners to use while starting out? If so, good on DC.

Jaysus said:
This is DC catering to the new player right? A more lid-like disc that may have a familiar feel for folks, and a bag that would be great for beginners to use while starting out? If so, good on DC.

I don't think they are catering to the new players with this disc.

Everyone knows beginners start out with Innova Bosses, Destroyers, Katanas and anything else that is at the top of the speed chart.

mshelton said:
Jaysus said:

I don't think they are catering to the new players with this disc.

Everyone knows beginners start out with Innova Bosses, Destroyers, Katanas and anything else that is at the top of the speed chart.

Sadly this is very true. But I do agree that it is a good move by discraft, i'd rather see 10 putter molds than 50 driver molds by one company. Putters I can deal with since each has a different feel.

Yeah, I could care less if my putters were in premium plastic. I can't say I'm really stoked about their choice on the disc but either way, it will be fun to throw. I kind of hope it's like a shorter comet, that would make it interesting.

I hope its windy as shit when my ace race comes around, it was windy last year and it was not as big a deal since the disc was made for it, this however lol

it could be a great slow turnover disc. im gonna play for sure cause its fun. plus those will make great prizes to give away.

Lamp said:
Yeah, I could care less if my putters were in premium plastic. I can't say I'm really stoked about their choice on the disc but either way, it will be fun to throw. I kind of hope it's like a shorter comet, that would make it interesting.

Rattler?

Aubin said:
jubuttib said:
A heavy, neutral, large diameter putter? I'm actually getting pretty excited...

+1, i think it will be a lot better than people think.

If vibram, Discmania, MVP etc made this disc you guys would be dick-punching each other to line up and throw it first. :lol:

LOL, I was sitting here drinking OJ at breakfast when I read this on my Blackberry and snarfed it out my nose. I just had visions of all you die hards literally doing that to each other.

Latest posts