• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Got my first ace in July #18 at Fitzgerald Park 270' blind into some bushes.
Second ace in September #2 at MSU 260' straight in.
Almost got my third on Friday 220' slight anny headed right for the basket. Guy I'm playing with calls the ace about 50' from the basket. As soon as the words are out of his mouth the disc straightens out and just barely touches chain on the left side. :lol: I got "Niced"

I told him that since clearly it was his fault hat I missed the ace that he had to give me the next one he gets. :mrgreen:

worthdan said:
Ace #3 today :!:
At Fitzgerald Park in Grand Ledge, MI. On hole #11, 280ft downhill shot with a z buzzz.

I've been throwing the Wasp at that hole, maybe I should switch. :idea:

I hit #6 tonite...perfect anniversary present...though probably not what my wife wanted. :)

Got another Wizard ace today. mmm Wizard. It was even with one of the slick plastic mediums that I thought were awful when I first got a couple shipped to me.

Turns out all medium wizards are awesome after all. Never doubt.

Eric O said:
Got another Wizard ace today. mmm Wizard. It was even with one of the slick plastic mediums that I thought were awful when I first got a couple shipped to me.

Turns out all medium wizards are awesome after all. Never doubt.

My only Wizard ace has been with a really slick medium Superglow Wizard. They may be slick, but they fly just as well.

ACE!!!!!!!

Hole #1 at Fox River Park in Silver Lake Wisconsin

180ft
182g ELX

This is my 3rd ace and my 3rd ace in the snow.

This is a little spooky- I aced #3 at Terrace Creek in Seattle yesterday at 4:20 pm. The only other ace I know of on that hole was also hit at 4:20 pm, on April 20th.

It was my 4th ace, and I walked away with 20 bucks of attaboy money.

I think it may be a conspiracy. Here, let me go check.....(cough cough) nope (cough) not a conspiracy. I'd better check again, though. 8)

ChUcK said:
This is a little spooky- I aced #3 at Terrace Creek in Seattle yesterday at 4:20 pm. The only other ace I know of on that hole was also hit at 4:20 pm, on April 20th.

It was my 4th ace, and I walked away with 20 bucks of attaboy money.

I think it may be a conspiracy. Here, let me go check.....(cough cough) nope (cough) not a conspiracy. I'd better check again, though. 8)
if only it was a 420 foot hole, but lemme go check this conspiracy myself :mrgreen: .....nope nothin to see here

BACK 2 BACK BABY!!!

I got back 2 back Aces today 11/26/08 at Brushy Creek (a.k.a. Cat hollow) in holes 3 and 4.

Hole 3 was about a 240 foot hyzer around some trees, bang into the chains with my Z Pred (thanks DGDAVE)

the other was a 392 ft. Hole over a hill into the basket. the hole is open but you are throwing over a hill to the blind basket. all we heard were CHAINS so we ran up the hill and there was my new Champ Xcal sitting in the pan, my first throw on the course with that disc!

Great Day

Ace #4 a few days back at Widefield Park hole 9 just south of Colorado springs.

Hole 9 was set short and runs straight along the creek so I went out really wide right with a newish St Starfire about 5 feet above the ground. When it skipped it turned hard and must've gone about 45 feet dead left into the basket, not even any chain, it just dropped right in.

Got my dad to sign the disc, after he stopped yammering; first ace he's seen.

Munkkiniemi, Helsinki, Finland hole 1 after dark today with 167 Champion Orc with a LED taped under the center of the light tape. The GPS of my friend measures it shorter than publicized at 80-82 meters. Sorry won't calculate after The Great Divide Hibernation Ale I took as a celebration :-D Props for Denver and Colorado and Denver dudes if you haven't -just do it. Thank me later :)

S-curve that was high and to the right of the basket which lies on a small hill about 4'+ high. The disc started to curve at too much height and I thought it would be interesting to see where the basket is. As it curved closer to where I remember the basket to be it was loosing height and I was like hmm that's nice I wonder if... ching and the disc stopped seemingly mid air until a moment later I could see part of the basket illuminated by the LED :) Beauticious! There's nothing like an invisible basket getting aced and the light from the disc pointing out where it is sort of hovering in mid air :) Wish I had a camera with me.

No direct witnesses but a lady pushing a baby in a stroller heard it and turned to look at the source of the suhweet sound that came from hitting the lowest links of the chains on the right side of the pin deflecting the disc to the right side and stopping there.

I imagine LED lighted after dark aces aren't nearly as common as regular ones. Anybody else had these?

This was my third ace. FH, BH and now blind BH. I seem to get an odd spread. This was almost 13 months after my second which came 11 months after my first so on average one a year. I don't go for aces normally I try to land by the pin for more birdies and on average lower scores. This was for fun practice after rounds after my buddy left. He wasn't carrying lit up discs. I wasn't trying to land by the pin this time.

The funny twilight zone thing about this ace was reflecting a comment my friend made earlier about him scoring better than normal at dusk using the force without using his sight to throw more accurately. I got a birdie on the last hole of the last round with the same Orc driven and long putted with it (3 hours sleep and woke up way earlier to go to work 12 hours prior) and said I haven't gotten many LED birdies. After throwing a close to ace skip shot I thought it'd be cool to get a LED ace. Two throws later... ;-) The force seems to be strong with this disc now that the LED is attached.

Since I already jumped to OT beer thread subject matter I might as well jump to the the good, the bad and the ugly thread as well. The bad, ugly and smelly was my leg going through ice trying to get my friend's Valk from ice on a pond. Muddy water and the smell... To top it I was testing my new running jacket that is light yellow and it got very nice black stuff from the branch I was using to draw the disc to shore. Success but eugh the smell and nasty contrast that's immediately visible on the jacket. Normally I wouldn't mind but this jacket is made for security of runners by the roads so it shines and any blemishes jump out like you wouldn't believe. I'm really not picky and the pants were muddy but if a who cares guy like me views it as an eye sore I wonder how the general populace feels? I strongly suggest not getting day glow light colored clothes for DG because dirt will stick to them eventually and it's like a searchlight of sht pointed at your eyes.

JR said:
Munkkiniemi, Helsinki, Finland hole 1 after dark today with 167 Champion Orc with a LED taped under the center of the light tape.

S-curve that was high and to the right of the basket which lies on a small hill about 4'+ high. The disc started to curve at too much height and I thought it would be interesting to see where the basket is. As it curved closer to where I remember the basket to be it was loosing height and I was like hmm that's nice I wonder if... ching and the disc stopped seemingly mid air until a moment later I could see part of the basket illuminated by the LED :) Beauticious! There's nothing like an invisible basket getting aced and the light from the disc pointing out where it is sort of hovering in mid air :)
That sounds awesome!

Ace #1 - October 1989, Hole #4 at Greenbelt Park, Carrollton, Texas, with a Stringray, nothing but chains.

Ace #2 - May 18, 1991, Hole #5 at Zilker Park, Austin, Texas, with a Scorpion, nothing but chains, during a round in the World's Biggest Disc Golf Tournament.

Ace #3 - March 29, 1992, Hole #8 at Shawnee Park, Plano, Texas, with a Hammer, skipped of the ground and into the chains, my first and only righthanded ace (I'm lefthanded).

Just got my first!
A short hole but an ace no less.

#1 12/27/2008 Chabot Park, San Leandro CA, #2 about 180 feet blind shot over little rise and down to the basket with a Wizard. Hit chains and was sitting in the basket. I am glad my first was a Wizard.

WOOHOOOO

Ace on the first round of the new year !!

I Aced hole 4 Zilker Park on the North Side setup...168 Pearly Champ TL....Chains 01/01/09!! 8)

i had my first actual bounce out off the tee today. it was a little 180 ft. chip shot, took a hyzer line w/ my 170 m wizard, knew it was going in right when it left my hand. banged the chains and i guess it hit the pole and bounced out. i was pretty psyched either way.