• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Got my second ace yesterday now. Hole #17 at Randolph Park in Dublin, VA. 268 foot slightly uphill. Dogleg left. Threw a Star Baby Roc that was going to be a drop in birdie until it skipped up and in to the chains for the ace.

First ace was a couple years ago at Golden Hills Disc Golf Course in Christiansburg, VA. 174' short hyzer shot. Thrown with a 175 Champion Orc back before I had developed much technique.

Billym said:
Just got my first!
#1 12/27/2008 Chabot Park, San Leandro CA, #2 about 180 feet blind shot over little rise and down to the basket with a Wizard. Hit chains and was sitting in the basket. I am glad my first was a Wizard.

I've hit chains on this hole, but never had it stick, congrats on the first ace!

I had my second ace of 2008 earlier this week, 7th ace lifetime - Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, Hole 1A. 230ft slightly uphill, hyzerflip with an old-style Proline Leopard, that I received from DGR user TeamTollandDG in a trade just a few days prior... sweet!

no chain or basket hits either? You're overdue. It has to happen. The only other person who played a lot of disc golf and never got an ace was Blake.

Beetard said:
no chain or basket hits either? You're overdue. It has to happen. The only other person who played a lot of disc golf and never got an ace was Blake.
shit iv'e literally chained out around 15 times and hit metal in between 40 and 60 times probly and they just never stick. I know a guy who played for 25 years before he got an ace, hopefully i get one before then, its not like im too hung up on it these days though, I can shoot good rounds, I have won and placed well in plenty or tourneys,my consistency is getting there, I guess im just not lucky enough to ace :|

Beetard said:
see my sig.

What Alec said in 2nd level of Goldeneye. One of the best n64 games ever.
there is indeed some luck involved, a buddy of mine has around 15 aces and i can beat him literally 100% of the time

I'd rather have consistently low scores than all of the aces in the world. My friend that got me into disc golf has a lot more aces than me. He says he is more accurate than me thus better, yet i am always a couple strokes lower than him. He can keep the aces.

frennis524 said:
I'd rather have consistently low scores than all of the aces in the world. My friend that got me into disc golf has a lot more aces than me. He says he is more accurate than me thus better, yet i am always a couple strokes lower than him. He can keep the aces.
yeah but after youve been skunked for a few years you start to really want just one to get the monkey off your back

Desafinado said:
I had my second ace of 2008 earlier this week, 7th ace lifetime - Golden Gate Park, San Francisco, Hole 1A. 230ft slightly uphill, hyzerflip with an old-style Proline Leopard, that I received from DGR user TeamTollandDG in a trade just a few days prior... sweet!

I have nicked and passed over 1A a bunch. I always hyzer flip a Leo at that hole. I just missed 2C in last week's weekly. Perfect drive with the fade and the group ahead on 3 said it hit 50/50 in the rim and bounced 5 feet away; so close but not much $$ in the ace pool anyway. Came close twice (parked under) on 9A today.
Billy

Billym said:
Just got my first!
A short hole but an ace no less.

#1 12/27/2008 Chabot Park, San Leandro CA, #2 about 180 feet blind shot over little rise and down to the basket with a Wizard. Hit chains and was sitting in the basket. I am glad my first was a Wizard.

Well #2 came this morning at Aquatic Park Berkeley #17 with Star Sidewinder flat and turning right slight fade into the chains but NO WITNESS!!

First ace! #11 at Bear Branch in the The Woodlands. 180' blind tomahawk/spike hyzer hole; got it with a tommy. 12 witnesses.

Since it's winter, the patch of woods you throw over isn't fully grown and I got to see it land in the basket.

First Ace ever today. Hole One Grand Island Park in Lake Havasu, my home course. 241' open shot backhand with a 171 Avenger SS. I just figured out how to throw drivers well backhand last night and today I pulled out an ace. Unfortunately It's one of two holes of the course with aces on it, and Im the fifth person to do it, 3rd this month. Ive been there for three of the four other aces on the hole, now my friends cant hold theirs over my head at least.

I don't go around calling an ace before I step up to the tee, but today I did when I got up to this hole I have aced once before. Threw a new medium wizard and it stood up and banked ever so slightly onto the line, looking good all the way, then softly into the heart of the chains. I knew the whole time it was going in.

Eric O = Babe Ruth

Got my first one today :) , hole # 13 at Low Gap Park in ukiah, definitely the hardest hole on the course :mrgreen: I guess im only the third one to ever get this hole :D couldnt find a pic of it online but it is tough, 350 or so downhill hugely obstructed by trees, flicked a nice gentle S curve with my ESP Force, hit hard and clean right at the bottom of the chains and sat right down in :D , even better it was during the ice bowl so i got probly 60 bones in ace dollars :) and ended up placing third in advanced. good day

Got my 1st of 2009 on friday 2/6/09, was using a new glo Element 178gr that I got in a trade on here. I decided to throw it in the bag for the day and see what kinda lines I could use it on. I wasn't really playing for score just to check out the new disc that I have had for three weeks and not thrown it. It was 45 degrees out and the snow was melting with about 1.5 to 2 inches on the ground and no wind and sunny which made it a beautiful day. I had already threw it on the 1st 3 holes with pretty good sucess and stepped up to the 4th hole at Rotary Park in Huntington, WV the pin was in the short position 264ft and straight. There is woods tightly along the right side and road along the left so I aimed just to the left of the pin and let a nice smooth hyzer go. It flipped up about 150ft out of my hand and I thought it was going to miss to the right and I guess it just ran out of juice and laid right in the basket. I had my head phones on so no noise. It sure felt good I was on a real dry streak since comming up here.

Jesse B 707 said:
Got my first one today :) , hole # 13 at Low Gap Park in ukiah, definitely the hardest hole on the course :mrgreen: I guess im only the third one to ever get this hole :D couldnt find a pic of it online but it is tough, 350 or so downhill hugely obstructed by trees, flicked a nice gentle S curve with my ESP Force, hit hard and clean right at the bottom of the chains and sat right down in :D , even better it was during the ice bowl so i got probly 60 bones in ace dollars :) and ended up placing third in advanced. good day

Congrats, I know you've been wanting that for a while.