• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX

TripleC8601

Birdie Member
Has anyone had experience with the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX? I've heard good things about the Fast X for disc golf, but I'm hoping someone can provide some insight on the Swift R. Currently in the market for new DG shoes and I'm looking for a lighter weight.

I just got a pair and used them for 2 rounds Saturday. It was wet but I stayed dry. Great grip on concrete, wet grass, dirt, and a couple rubber tees. Very comfy. The speed lacing didn't tie up real tight so I had to pull them tighter several times, but once tight, they stayed there. I have a non goretex pair also and both are a little noisy as the rubber toe enclosure isn't real loose yet. Dunno if that will break in. Love them tho and highly recommend them. I had to clean out the soles a couple times but because the treads are so far apart, they don't get too clogged. Very dry most important.

Only issue with Adidas goretex pull tight shoes is after about 3 months they wouldn't stay tight and then after 6 months I realized the thin "laces" started to cut through the outside of the shoe.

Only issue with Adidas goretex pull tight shoes is after about 3 months they wouldn't stay tight and then after 6 months I realized the thin "laces" started to cut through the outside of the shoe.

Yup. The Adidas GTX's I bought at the start of last season have fallen apart. The "laser laces" also have started to hurt my feet as well. I will say this though, they are very lightweight and do keep your feet dry. Just not all that comfortable.

I tried these on at REI, they were much heavier and stiffer than they look in pictures. I didn't care for the feel. I picked up another pair of Salomon XA Pro Ultra GTX's instead. It's like my 5th pair, why switch now I guess.

Back to the drawing board on my search for new DG shoes.

I tried these on at REI, they were much heavier and stiffer than they look in pictures. I didn't care for the feel. I picked up another pair of Salomon XA Pro Ultra GTX's instead. It's like my 5th pair, why switch now I guess.
Are the Salomon ones light? I'm looking for some lighter weight shoes, with a decent rubber toe.

I have a pair and I really like them. Have had no issues and I find them quite comfortable. I have the Saloman's as well. I think the Adidas are lighter than the Saloman's. Both are good shoes for DG. I find the Swift's have better grip than the Saloman's though.

Not sure how this went unnoticed on here so far... '

Adidasoutdoor.com is running a promotion for 40% off your order with the promo code "innova". If you combine with the $20 off for creating an account, you can get a pair of Swift R GTX for $61 shipped, which is an incredible deal - normally $135. I could not resist this deal and my shoes are in the mail.

Thanks Adidas for hooking us disc golfers up!

Has anyone had experience with the Adidas Terrex Swift R GTX? I've heard good things about the Fast X for disc golf, but I'm hoping someone can provide some insight on the Swift R. Currently in the market for new DG shoes and I'm looking for a lighter weight.

I bought a pair last in April/May of last and absolutely love them. They lace system they have is good at first but eventually mine broke and I replace them with regular laces. They're light, and my feet never got wet. Now that its been almost 12 months, there is still plenty of tread left and they're still quite comfortable, but the sides of the shoes where it meets the sole is beginning to let a little moisture through. At the end of 18 yesterday, in mud, snow, slush and puddles, the sides of my feet were damp. Not wet, not soaked, just damp. I'm going to retire these to casual wear and pick up another pair this week. This is the first shoe, as far as athletic footwear goes, that I've ever been actually sold on. Adidas did a fantastic job with this one. I want to try the mid height ones but I dont want to drop $150+ on them when the low tops are $100

I wear an 11 Keen Nasu and it's comfortable for my foot shape. How do the Swift R GTX fit?

I picked up a pair of the Swift R GTX just to have a backup waterproof pair. I disliked this lacing system in the Salomons and from what I've been reading the Adidas system is even worse, so the first thing I will probably do is cut the laces out and replace them with regular laces. At this price the shoes are a bargain.

I picked up a pair of the Swift R GTX just to have a backup waterproof pair. I disliked this lacing system in the Salomons and from what I've been reading the Adidas system is even worse, so the first thing I will probably do is cut the laces out and replace them with regular laces. At this price the shoes are a bargain.

The lacing system holds tight at first but after not too long they start slipping. There was way too much dangling off when I got them so I shortened them a bit. I also noticed if the laces get wet, they slip a bit. The material of the laces dont hold a knot very well so they came out of the little slide piece that holds them tight. When I get my new pair I'll be changing them out for paracord laces. I have tons of the stuff so I dont buy shoe laces.

I wear an 11 Keen Nasu and it's comfortable for my foot shape. How do the Swift R GTX fit?

I've never worn Keen brand shoes so I can't compare to those, but IIRC I got half size up or down. I'll check tonight and see what they are. Im pretty sure most Adidas shoes I've worn I've had to go down in size though.

The lacing system holds tight at first but after not too long they start slipping. There was way too much dangling off when I got them so I shortened them a bit. I also noticed if the laces get wet, they slip a bit. The material of the laces dont hold a knot very well so they came out of the little slide piece that holds them tight. When I get my new pair I'll be changing them out for paracord laces. I have tons of the stuff so I dont buy shoe laces.

That's exactly why I don't like this type of lacing system. It doesn't quite hold tight, and your constant attempts to tighten them cause the loops that hold the laces to get chewed through and fail.

i got a pair last fall and they are by far my favorite pair of dg shoes i have ever worn. i wore merrells for years but the quality has gone to hell on those imo and i had a pair of salomons that i loved when new but they fell apart in no time. i actually like the fact that the adidas are a little stiff when new and take a bit of break in, i think that makes for longer life in general.

I've played in these for a while. GREAT DG shoes. Super waterproof, light, break in to be super comfy. A pair lasts me about a year before the WP breaks down, then they start to breath better and become good dry day shoes.

They run narrow, so I can only use them in warm weather (thin socks). I have to stick to Keens in winter for the width that allows heavy socks. But I really get happy when it is warm enough for Swifts.

Like most Adidas, they're narrower than a Nasu, or really any Keen for that matter.

But they're not crazy narrow - if you've got wide feet and have had previous problems with narrow shoes, most Adidas are not for you.