• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Air Travel Tips or Tricks with your DG Bag

Good information, I will be taking my discs on their first flight this summer. I didn't even think about possible warping in the cold hold below.

I'm surprised the TSA allows discs on the plane! Until some terrorist tries to hijack a plane with a Champ Boss... although I guess it would be hard to get it going up to speed in the aisle.

It's always fun to draw new newbies into the game.

Absolutely. I took my dad out over the weekend for his first 9 holes when I was back in Wisconsin and just today I put an order in for 6 discs and a bag for him and my mom at their request. Hooked 'em!

Last edited:
I'm surprised the TSA allows discs on the plane! Until some terrorist tries to hijack a plane with a Champ Boss... although I guess it would be hard to get it going up to speed in the aisle.

I only got asked what they were once at the security check in Milwaukee.

The woman at the machine asked if it was my bag (the Fade Tourney). I said yes and she got a puzzled look and asked what was in it. I just said "disc golf discs" and she said "Oh, I thought they were plates or something" and passed it over to me without even opening it.

Denver had no problem with them on the way out.

I have never flown with my discs, but I would never check them. They would be my carry on without question. I would not be able to relax if they were in the hands of people who lose luggage all the time. Clothes and toiletries you can easily replace, but discs of perfect weight, colors, and beat-in-ness would be a chore to replace. Plus I probably have more money invested in my discs, bag, and quad straps, than I would in a suitcase full of clothes!!!

I have heard of several stories of people having to explain what those "things" are!!!

I would not leave my bag out of my sight! I have many things in my bag that are near and dear to my heart including about $500 in plastic. Carry on all the way!

Always a carry on! Never check your bag as luggage, you never know when you might see it again. Every time I fly I carry discs, over the years there I have encountered some problems and weird looks
from the x-ray people. During the 90's I was asked about "plastics explosives" and one time security insisted metal rings were inside the rim of each disc, I politely disagreed. Using the term Frisbees
usually helps. Expect question(s) and be surprised when nothing happens, it is really hit or miss. I like the idea of having your PDGA card handy.

Latest posts