• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

(I loved FH my Magnet until I gave it away and the Titanic is the Magnet right?)

The Titanic is supposedly a Magnet with a "spacer", whatever that means. From a practical perspective is has the same shape, maybe a touch deeper and more over stable. They are great flyers and will definitely help you develop a nice clean forehand!

So the Squall is an interesting disc to me that will probably stick in my bag going forward. Slots into a nice spot between my Pipeline and Wasp I'm currently carrying.

The one Squall I have is a tour series PL FLX, and it seems fairly stable, taking into account all of the reviews I've seen of this mold. The PL FLX will probably wear into the stability I'm looking for, but in the meantime: What are thoughts on stability for the different plastics? PL, SP, Glow FLX, etc.

Necrobump! Are you still rocking the Aftershock/Comet combo? Did you try a Wasp and/or Roc as well? What did you prefer about the Aftershock?

What's the most stable plastic the Quake comes in? I bought a D line Max weight to compare against my Z Flx Buzzz OS and the Quake is much less stable, was expecting a glidless brick like my Buzzz OS but it's actually closer to my regular Buzzz, still has a spot in the bag but wasn't what I was expecting, looking for a Buzzz OS clone that I can throw on water holes since board flat Z Flx OS's aren't cheap or easy to source.

What's the most stable plastic the Quake comes in? I bought a D line Max weight to compare against my Z Flx Buzzz OS and the Quake is much less stable, was expecting a glidless brick like my Buzzz OS but it's actually closer to my regular Buzzz, still has a spot in the bag but wasn't what I was expecting, looking for a Buzzz OS clone that I can throw on water holes since board flat Z Flx OS's aren't cheap or easy to source.

SP is the most OS plastic for a Quake, if you can find them. I believe they are only CFR or special event runs. PL is considerably more OS than the D line. I only have first flight PL, I've heard the current run has a little dome and are less stable than the FF.

Glow is the most overstable Quake, followed by the FF Proline. If you're looking for something easy to source I would just go with a Proline Quake.

It's important to note the Quake will probably glide more than your Buzz OS, that's kind of what makes the mold special. It's an extremely overstable disc, but it will actually fly.

Necrobump! Are you still rocking the Aftershock/Comet combo? Did you try a Wasp and/or Roc as well? What did you prefer about the Aftershock?

I am. I'm using 2 comets and 1 aftershock right now.

I threw the comet/roc years ago but felt the comet overlapped too much unless it was a fresh roc. I also threw comet/was for a bit, but never used the wasp - same as I never used fresh KC rocs when I carried those too. I tend to step up or down in speed for very overstable midrange shots, relying on a breaker or raptor. If it's really windy I'll grab a drone too. I don't find a ton of use for something like a fresh wasp or the like.

I prefer the aftershock because it's a little more workable on angles since the flight is pretty straight overall. I like the grip better than a buzzz and don't have to work so hard to turn one or beat the hell out of it to get it to turn.

Last edited:
I have put the Buzzz back in the bag over the Rift. Quake/Rift is a great combo but i can forehand the Buzzz better. It seems to handle the torque better.

Rift is a great disc though. I will revisit once they bring out a flat SP version.

I am. I'm using 2 comets and 1 aftershock right now.

I threw the comet/roc years ago but felt the comet overlapped too much unless it was a fresh roc. I also threw comet/was for a bit, but never used the wasp - same as I never used fresh KC rocs when I carried those too. I tend to step up or down in speed for very overstable midrange shots, relying on a breaker or raptor. If it's really windy I'll grab a drone too. I don't find a ton of use for something like a fresh wasp or the like.

I prefer the aftershock because it's a little more workable on angles since the flight is pretty straight overall. I like the grip better than a buzzz and don't have to work so hard to turn one or beat the hell out of it to get it to turn.

That's an awesome explanation, thank you so much! I'm going to try a Wasp and an Aftershock and see which one works best for me. I carry Hellfires & Zones for very overstable shots, so I really just need something that flies like a Comet in the wind.

That's an awesome explanation, thank you so much! I'm going to try a Wasp and an Aftershock and see which one works best for me. I carry Hellfires & Zones for very overstable shots, so I really just need something that flies like a Comet in the wind.

Depending on the wind, I usually like a Squall for those type of shots. The aftershock is a very "point and shoot" type disc but holds lines well. I'm finally getting a shastashock beat in and it's pretty versatile but not really a comet like disc in the wind. Of course, YMMV, and the aftershock might just be what you're looking for.

SP is what you want.

I use D for overstable finishes but a relatively stable flight. My SP Quakes are so OS I only forehand them

I have been enjoying the Rogue's flight. Got one in a mystery box and even though its lighter than I normally throw, its really fun. Anyone else dig the Rogue?

If i had to guess i think Paige P next disc i her own line will be VERY close to a Rouge, she threw that Surge SS alot in 2020 and if she wants that a hair more stable. .well that´s the Rouge

If i had to guess i think Paige P next disc i her own line will be VERY close to a Rouge, she threw that Surge SS alot in 2020 and if she wants that a hair more stable. .well that´s the Rouge

It would be awesome if she just threw a Rogue. I would definitely support a signature PP Rogue, and that would probably bring a little more notoriety to the DGA lineup.

Question for you guys. I'm looking at adding a few more mids to my game this coming season, and like the idea of the quake and the tremor. Looking around, I found some d line quakes and tremors are out of stock. I know inventory levels of everything for everyone are way low right now, so I'm not shocked.

My main question is: how hard are these discs to find (especially in premium plastic) during "normal" times. I don't like to have to buy a ton of backups, and usually just like to know i can hop online easy enough and order a new one if I lose it. I don't want to bag some impossible to replace discs.

Secondary question: how much abuse does the D line take before appreciably breaking in? Would a D line quake stay a fairly beefy mid for a season of moderate play?

Thanks guys!

I snagged a newer run Sail recently...and it's listed as a Speed 11? WTF?

Question for you guys. I'm looking at adding a few more mids to my game this coming season, and like the idea of the quake and the tremor. Looking around, I found some d line quakes and tremors are out of stock. I know inventory levels of everything for everyone are way low right now, so I'm not shocked.

My main question is: how hard are these discs to find (especially in premium plastic) during "normal" times. I don't like to have to buy a ton of backups, and usually just like to know i can hop online easy enough and order a new one if I lose it. I don't want to bag some impossible to replace discs.

Secondary question: how much abuse does the D line take before appreciably breaking in? Would a D line quake stay a fairly beefy mid for a season of moderate play?

Thanks guys!

Inventory levels should hopefully be better this year but DGA is notorious for having limited amounts and options.

The D line Quake loses its Beef extremely quickly. I would avoid this plastic if you want something to stay overstable...it will not.

If you buy any DGA i would get premium plastic. The plastic is quality (discrafts plastics). DGA plastic is pretty easy to come by on the DGA Facebook page if you want to stock up. It can just be hit and miss at online stores.....

Inventory levels should hopefully be better this year but DGA is notorious for having limited amounts and options.

The D line Quake loses its Beef extremely quickly. I would avoid this plastic if you want something to stay overstable...it will not.

If you buy any DGA i would get premium plastic. The plastic is quality (discrafts plastics). DGA plastic is pretty easy to come by on the DGA Facebook page if you want to stock up. It can just be hit and miss at online stores.....

Thanks for the info! That's exactly what I was hoping to ascertain.

I've been looking for a premium Quake (and tremor), but have only been able to find D lines. Hopefully I can find a few before spring. I'm in no hurry. Have a few other molds in mind that might be easier to come by.