• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

What's the most overstable plastic for the Breaker? I think my SP is much straighter than the mold was intended to be. Looking at a SP Flex or special blend (which I'm guessing is like the older shastashocks?) or even just a regular old PL.

I have flex PL, regular PL and SB....I would rate them PL->flex PL->SB

is that most to least overstable?

No least to most. .of the ones i have the SB is the most OS. . but i do like the Flex PL the most. . .regular PL is just to slick for my taste
Never thrown a SP or even seen a SP Breaker

Last edited:
I'm surprised your SP is like that, I have had two SPs and while one is starting to lose some of that OS bite at the end the new backup is still plenty stable. I'd say the Proline one I had started around where the SP one is after a year and a half or so. I've heard the flex ones (either plastic) are more OS

I don´t have that many DGA disc, but i did take a look at what i had just for fun

attachment.php

Attachments

• dga.jpg
    dga.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 111
With wanting to satisfy my need to be different and cool. Im thinking about an all DGA bag. I feel they finally have all the pieces for my game.

*Torrent (replace Mayhem)- Backhand bomber for open course
*Hurricane- (replace Force)Forehand and Backhand control Distance driver
*Rogue- (replace Lift)Forehand and Backhand wooded distance control driver
*Hellfire- (replace Raptor)Beef backhand and Forehand
*Tsunami- (replace OS Lift)Medium beef
*Pipeline- (replace Volt)One stable and one flippy for fairway drives
*Quake- OS forehand and backhand mid
*Rift- (replace Buzzz)Any line Mid
*Breaker- (replace Envy)beef-ish approach disc
*Steady- (replace Wizard)putting and for turnover mid-type shots

Only thing missing is maybe a flippy Mid...but i dont really use one any way... and DGA has several to chose from

What yall think?

Oh...and a buddy dyed a Rogue for me. I havent thrown one yet...and he surprised me with this...(i told him to dye whatever he feels in his heart, because it will be thrown, not sold)

Attachments

• IMG1597099559861570492.jpg
    IMG1597099559861570492.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 15
I've thrown exactly 2 DGA discs ever. I did get my second ace ever with a Rogue. The 2 I've thrown are nice though. They seem like they're kind of hard to find.

With wanting to satisfy my need to be different and cool. Im thinking about an all DGA bag. I feel they finally have all the pieces for my game.

Only thing missing is maybe a flippy Mid...but i dont really use one any way... and DGA has several to chose from

What yall think?

I don't think you'll need the Torrent, Hurricane and Rogue, but no harm in trying them out to see which you prefer. Also, the Tsunami is OOP. You can still find them, just something to consider.

Overall that is a great looking bag, and I think you'll really enjoy throwing DGA discs. I know I do!

I have some of those molds available, shoot me a PM if you'd like to work out a deal.

What yall think?

The hellfire is going to be much more overstable than a raptor (unless it's bigZ), think more overstable machete. The tsunami would be closer to a straight raptor or beefy vulture. A banzai might fit more of the role that you're looking for with the tsunami even though it's a tick slower - but the banzai is actually in production.

The tremor is a good understable mid if you want to go that direction.

The steady won't replace anything for turnovers when new. You can find some that are straighter than others but none are understable enough to throw turnovers off the shelf. The LE Glow Granite and normal Granite are the straightest I've found off the shelf. I have a stack of a bunch of different plastics that I'm looking to move if you do go that direction and need some that are worn in (moved back to challengers after sticking with the Steady experiment for a full season)

Should be a fairly solid lineup. DGA makes a lot of good discs. I tried quite a few of them over the last couple seasons No particular reason I tried them other than I met Shasta at a tournament, that he ended up winning, so was inspired to try out something different. Definitely found some staples for my bag though.

Last edited:

What yall think?

I would grab a Banzi as stated above hellfires are super beef. Also grab an aftershock for no reason other then it is my favorite disc and i recommend them to everyone.

I would grab a Banzi as stated above hellfires are super beef. Also grab an aftershock for no reason other then it is my favorite disc and i recommend them to everyone.

I felt up a banzai and im not a fan. It feels weird and i mainly forehand that slot in my bag. Maybe a lighter weight hellfire or stick with the raptor until dga comes out with a similar mold.

My bag setup is pretty beefy. Im very comfortable with my forehand so i dont have a big need for flippy discs.

I don't think you'll need the Torrent, Hurricane and Rogue, but no harm in trying them out to see which you prefer. Also, the Tsunami is OOP. You can still find them, just something to consider.

Overall that is a great looking bag, and I think you'll really enjoy throwing DGA discs. I know I do!

I have some of those molds available, shoot me a PM if you'd like to work out a deal.

I dont think the hurricane is good distance driver. The new ones are flat and dumpy but are great for forehand. On open courses i prefer a max distance driver(torrent) for backhand but once i get in the woods...the rogue would come out and the torrent wouldnt see any work.

I dont think the hurricane is good distance driver. The new ones are flat and dumpy but are great for forehand. On open courses i prefer a max distance driver(torrent) for backhand but once i get in the woods...the rogue would come out and the torrent wouldnt see any work.

I agree that the new Proline plastic seems to have killed the Hurricane's distance potential. The new 2020 Tour Series are nice flyers, and you can still find new old stock pretty easily.

I've never been a huge fan of speed 13's, but I may have to revisit the Rogue at some point.

Let us know how the new bag goes, and welcome aboard the DGA hype train!

I felt up a banzai and im not a fan. It feels weird and i mainly forehand that slot in my bag. Maybe a lighter weight hellfire or stick with the raptor until dga comes out with a similar mold.

My bag setup is pretty beefy. Im very comfortable with my forehand so i dont have a big need for flippy discs.

funny how different tastes are, I like the Banzai for fh and find it very comfortable. :) you may want to feel and aftershock part of the reason i recomend them it the fh flight in the woods. the flatter sp ones are great for powered down fh and hold the line well.

Latest posts