• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

Im rocking a mostly DGA bag now

Steady
Tremor
Squall
Pipeline
Bonzai
Hellfire
Shasta Cane 2020 x2
Proline Cane (beef)

The Steady uses the Bangor wing and top plate of some other mold, it is basically the closest mold to a Wizard I have seen that is not from a brand using Gateway to make discs. I know a cousin uses the Bagor GT and until the Steady was made, that was one of the closer molds made to a Wizard in flight or in wing feel.

The Steady uses the Bangor wing and top plate of some other mold, it is basically the closest mold to a Wizard I have seen that is not from a brand using Gateway to make discs. I know a cousin uses the Bagor GT and until the Steady was made, that was one of the closer molds made to a Wizard in flight or in wing feel.

I heard something similar to this before. I love the glo steady for upshots

Why can't I fine Pipelines anywhere? I really really want to try a SP Pipeline, but every retailer (even the ones I have near me in person) are out of them. I can hardly find proline as it is. Are they OOP or something?

Why can't I fine Pipelines anywhere? I really really want to try a SP Pipeline, but every retailer (even the ones I have near me in person) are out of them. I can hardly find proline as it is. Are they OOP or something?

I got one lying around somewhere. If you're interested I can grab pics tomorrow.

I recently found some SP pipelines (2nd run high PLH) and they fly like a perfectly straight Teebird. Amazing.

Stock runs are a bit more like a Leopard or Leopard3

The prolines I have remind me of a TL or like an Axiom Crave with a bit more fade. Extremely workable.

But I'm specifically trying to track down the sp for that straight teebird flight.

Sorry for the double post-- where does everyone buy their DGA from? Infinite and a few of other big online sellers have some, but I can't always find a decent selection to choose from.

Definitely, that would be great!

8qE75Hd.jpg

Scaled 172

So. Tried the all DGA bag. Just not gonna work. DGA falls way short in the fairway driver department (among other things).

The Pipeline is way flippier than the numbers suggest (no i wont search for a 2nd run)

The Banzai is not OS at all either. Its basically what a Pipeline is supposed to be but with a terrible wing/rim.

The Hellfire is basically unthrowable. Its just so damn OS with no glide.

First round with the PL Rogue it had good stability. By the 3rd round it had developed much more turn and cant be trusted in a 5mp wind.

Hurricanes are so damn hit and miss. Mostly all i got were flat and unpredictable. Did find a few "normal" SP that fly well.

The Steady is a good putter. Its like a wider Wizard. I have yet to get used to it. Still trying to make work. The stone plastic has the best feel/durability imo.

The Rift is a good mold. Beat in Buzzz flight.

The Quake (FF) is perfection and will never leave my bag.

The Breaker is a good mold. Good moderate overstability. Faster than it feels.

Found some Tsunami. Its an OK mold. The midnight flyer i found had a workable overstability. Kind of reminded me of a Vulture in flight.

The 2020 shasta canes are trash. The several i got were extremely floppy and as flat as i have ever seen a distance driver.

The Quake,Rift, and Breaker have secured spots in the bag. The Rogue (flippy control distance) and the Pipeline (flippy fairway/roller) will probably hang around. The rest are half way out the door.

IMO DGA still has alot to do to secure a solid full lineup. The limited releases dont help. I really wanted and tried to make it work. Just cant keep pushing for something that isnt there.

Just ordered a new Rift. I retired my first one because it has a first run stamp and I don't want the stamp to wear any more. Can't wait to have one to bag again!

Sorry for the double post-- where does everyone buy their DGA from? Infinite and a few of other big online sellers have some, but I can't always find a decent selection to choose from.

I usually go to OTB first, just so I know what I'm going to get. If I can't find it there, then I will roll the dice with discgolf.com

So. Tried the all DGA bag. Just not gonna work. DGA falls way short in the fairway driver department (among other things).

The Pipeline is way flippier than the numbers suggest (no i wont search for a 2nd run)

The Banzai is not OS at all either. Its basically what a Pipeline is supposed to be but with a terrible wing/rim.

The Hellfire is basically unthrowable. Its just so damn OS with no glide.

First round with the PL Rogue it had good stability. By the 3rd round it had developed much more turn and cant be trusted in a 5mp wind.

Hurricanes are so damn hit and miss. Mostly all i got were flat and unpredictable. Did find a few "normal" SP that fly well.

The Steady is a good putter. Its like a wider Wizard. I have yet to get used to it. Still trying to make work. The stone plastic has the best feel/durability imo.

The Rift is a good mold. Beat in Buzzz flight.

The Quake (FF) is perfection and will never leave my bag.

The Breaker is a good mold. Good moderate overstability. Faster than it feels.

Found some Tsunami. Its an OK mold. The midnight flyer i found had a workable overstability. Kind of reminded me of a Vulture in flight.

The 2020 shasta canes are trash. The several i got were extremely floppy and as flat as i have ever seen a distance driver.

The Quake,Rift, and Breaker have secured spots in the bag. The Rogue (flippy control distance) and the Pipeline (flippy fairway/roller) will probably hang around. The rest are half way out the door.

IMO DGA still has alot to do to secure a solid full lineup. The limited releases dont help. I really wanted and tried to make it work. Just cant keep pushing for something that isnt there.

Nobody asked, but I'll chime in with my 2 cents...

- Pipeline: The numbers are definitely wrong, but this is a great disc for what it is. It's not a Teebird, but it is a faster Leopard.

- Banzai: I'm not a fan of the rim either, and this is the biggest hole in the lineup IMO. The flat stiff Prolines are quite OS.

- Rogue: Thrown backhand, this is my furthest flying disc right now. It's not a headwind fighter, but I find it to be reliably controllable.

- Hellfire: It is very overstable, it doesn't glide and that's kind of the point. It's a great utility disc.

- Hurricane: The First Flights and any run with a nice even dome are my favorites. I compliment with a couple of Forces for more overstable flights, especially forehand. I think distance drivers in general are pretty fickle, but the Hurricane is a solid option.

- Steady: The Stone plastic is great. I prefer the beadless version, but both are excellent putters. Good glide and straight flight.

- Rift: Compared to Buzzz I find the Rift more comfortable in the hand. Great distance for a mid and reliable straight flight.

- Quake: Agree with everything you said, it might be their best disc.

- Breaker: Great driving putter, less overstable than a Zone. Easy to range.

- Tsunami: I like the flight but it is OOP and has a weirdly sharp rim, similar to the Anax. I prefer the Vulture.

- 2020 Shastacane: The plastic is too soft for me, but many people like the flight. I prefer the First Flight.

I agree that it would be sub-optimal to throw only DGA, but most of their newer molds (minus the Banzai) have been great, e.g. Steady, Pipeline, Rift and Quake. To me, these four molds are right at the top of their respective classes. Certain runs of the Hurricane, Rogue, Hellfire and Breaker are excellent as well.

IMO their biggest problem is the lack of availability of their existing molds in a range of plastic types, e.g. I would kill for a Swirly Proline Rogue and/or SP Steady BL.

So I bought a Mach 2 on Black Friday and it came with 3 Stone Steady BLs. I also added a 10 pack of misprint to it.

The Mach 2 catches decently well, but has a few nasty spitouts which is to be expected. Really easy to put together and is quite sturdy once assembled. The Steady BLs are essentially slick Lunas in terms of feel/flight.

In the 10 pack I got
Proline Titanic
Proline? St. Jude Steady
Flex Breaker
Proline Quake
Proline Rift
Proline Squall
Proline Pipeline
Proline Undertow
Proline Rogue
SP Hurricane

So far I'm really digging to Breaker which compliments my Zone really well. Rift looks like it'll be a good replacement for my well seasoned Ti Buzzz that is currently MIA. The Pipeline seems to be somewhere between a Leopard and Teebird for me, but I've got Stalkers for that, so who knows what'll come of that mold. I haven't really thrown the others enough to know, but I suspect the Steady will be a loaner disc, the Titanic will be a FH practice disc (I loved FH my Magnet until I gave it away and the Titanic is the Magnet right?), the Rogue shows some promise as a possible winter max D disc, the Hurricane needs some reevaluation in warmer weather, the Squall will be a loaner disc (love my Comets too much), and I gave the Undertow and Quake to my brother.

Latest posts