• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

I had read that the Torque, Aftershock, and 1st run Shockwaves were all the same. Then the production run Shockwave got tweaked to it's current overstablatudiness. craftsman would know.

Is there a difference between SP Line and Sparkle? As I entered my new Aftershock in the Disc Organizer I noticed an option for both in the plastic type? Mine is stamped SP Line and has sparkles. So pretty.

I had read that the Torque, Aftershock, and 1st run Shockwaves were all the same. Then the production run Shockwave got tweaked to it's current overstablatudiness. craftsman would know.

Is there a difference between SP Line and Sparkle? As I entered my new Aftershock in the Disc Organizer I noticed an option for both in the plastic type? Mine is stamped SP Line and has sparkles. So pretty.

The comparisons you make are pretty much true. The 1st run Shockwave (which came out before the Aftershock) was less stable than the production run Shockwaves and basically is an Aftershock.

SP Line and Sparkle are the same. DGA used to only come out with Sparkle discs for tournaments and fundraisers before releasing production run Sparkle discs (SP Line) about two years or so ago.

I'm from the CSUMB disc golf team and in the player packs we had at the Otter Open there were Flex SP Line Hurricanes. Don't think they are fully released yet, but I managed to get my hands on one and I believe they fill that overstable distance slot really well. Definitely more overstable than a regular Proline or SP Line. I haven't been able to chuck it yet when the winds are swirling but I think it will hold up really well.

Undertows are also seriously underrated discs and squalls are great hybrid midrange/fairway discs.

Why do the flight charts have the Undertow at a speed 9ish when it sports a 2.1cm rim? It interests me because of the wide rim and 21.5cm diameter, seems like it should really glide.

To me, speed 9 is just about right for the undertow, (Maybe an 8). These things have gliiiiide. Throw it with a little hyzer and it flips up and just cruises. Excellent for tailwinds and left to rights

I like this thread!

In my DGA Elite Shield bag are all DGA discs:

Reef. Blowfly. Squall. Aftershock. Cyclone. Undertow. Rogue. Hurricane.

And soon will be adding the BREAKER!

The course I designed has DGA baskets. My proshop carries a full line of DGA discs. My only ace is with an aftershock in a dga basket while I was wearing a dga shirt and hat...yeah I dig DGA!

Finally decided to put together an all DGA bag just for the experience.

I just ordered:
P-Line Breaker, 1st Run White 171
P-Line Undertow, 1st Run White 166
D-Line Aftershock Orange 166
RDGA Squall White 147 (could be crazy fun)
D-Line Reef White 172
P-Line Aftershock White 167
P-Line Rogue Blue 167

To go along with my:
P-Line Aftershock 1st Run 167g
SP-Line Aftershock 168g
P-Line Shockwave 171g
P-Line Squall 169g
P-Line Titanic 175g

Looks like I'll need either a Riptide or Tsunami for wind. Any suggestions?

SP Line Tsunami is an excellent wind fighter, plus I'm pretty sure Riptides are OOP.

DGA does have some really good molds. The Squall might be one of the most underrated disc in DG.

I too carry the DGA Shield bag loaded up with DGA disc's. I do carry one D'craft disc in there as well.

2 Proline Tsunami's
2 SP Hurricane's
1 X-Nuke (Only for wide open boomers)
2 Proline Hurricane's
1 SP Undertow
1 Proline Undertow
1 SP Shockwave
1 SP Aftershock
1 D Aftershock
2 Proline Squalls
3 D Titanics
1 Proline Breaker

I rock:

2 Undertows(Pro, Glow)
SP Tsunami
Pro Breaker
Pro Titanic

A lot of people were saying the Squall is like a Zombee. Do you guys agree?

I threw a buddies SP Squall a few times, to me it was a fast mid/slow fairway type like the Zombee but it was more flat buzzz like, not domey.

I picked up an aftershock looking for something comparable to a roc with a more comfortable rim. Really dig it. Proline. Do you all prefer it in d? Might have more glide. I also got a D titanic to partner up with my magnets for an overstable putter. Now that I have my foot in the DGA door I sense that more will be coming my way! :thmbup:

The new run D-Line Aftershocks are nowhere near as HSS as the SP or Proline. The few that I own are all straight to slightly understable right out of the box. The old D-Line Aftershocks(DGA Basket stamp) are quite a bit more like the SP and Proline.

The Undertow also makes a fine roller. I have an SP Undertow that I can roll with that just keeps on going straight as a string.

SP Line Tsunami is an excellent wind fighter, plus I'm pretty sure Riptides are OOP.

The riptide is still in production...but I could easily see it departing. The Tsunami is the original predator mold that was deemed not overstable enough by team testers. IMO, they are plenty beefy. So, if you need a wind fighter, the Tsunami works just fine.

I guess it's R.I.P.Tide. Thanks for the heads up.

243 ft uphill ace with the Pro Squall today. Too bad it was the 3rd disc I threw but it was still a thrill.

Last edited:
I guess it's R.I.P.Tide. Thanks for the heads up.

243 ft uphill ace with the Pro Squall today. Too bad it was the 3rd disc I threw but it was still a thrill.

Nice!

I like the Tsunami because for being overstable, its pretty workable and user friendly.

The new run D-Line Aftershocks are nowhere near as HSS as the SP or Proline. The few that I own are all straight to slightly understable right out of the box. The old D-Line Aftershocks(DGA Basket stamp) are quite a bit more like the SP and Proline.

The Undertow also makes a fine roller. I have an SP Undertow that I can roll with that just keeps on going straight as a string.

Picked up a d aftershock this past weekend. It was a little understable from the get go. Would always hyzer back at the end. But it had turn which was no bueno for wooded shots. Oh well, another disc for one of my friends when they start playing disc golf :thmbup: