• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

The undertow does not have a wide-rim, it has the perfect size rim. Besides there is no other disc that more beautiful to watch fly than a SP Undertow, nothing.

I only throw beautiful discs and bag both comets and undertows. Undertows are what you wish the comet driver could be....

I only throw beautiful discs and bag both comets and undertows. Undertows are what you wish the comet driver could be....

The long-sought Comet driver?

Be still, my heart... :clap:

I'll be ordering some tomorrow.

Last edited:
The long-sought Comet driver?

I'll be ordering some tomorrow.

I think you just started a thread looking for easy distance, and a 165-170g First Flight Proline Undertow is that disc. I've found SP Undertows require some breaking in and more power to really perform.

As far as a Comet driver, my recommendation is a Lightning F2 Prostyle. Big diameter, glide for days, and very easy to throw far.

The undertow does not have a wide-rim, it has the perfect size rim. Besides there is no other disc that more beautiful to watch fly than a SP Undertow, nothing.

You folks from Colorado are nuts. Undertow has a 2.1cm rim, which, in my opinion, is too wide for a traditional fairway driver. I like the way the Undertow flies, especially the glow, but I find it a bit nose angle sensitive for a control fairway driver; perhaps because of it's larger diameter. Also I like to fan grip my fairways, so 1.6-1.8cm and 21" diameter is what I'd lobby DGA for. Don' get me wrong, I've got a stack of Undertows.

You folks from Colorado are nuts. Undertow has a 2.1cm rim, which, in my opinion, is too wide for a traditional fairway driver. I like the way the Undertow flies, especially the glow, but I find it a bit nose angle sensitive for a control fairway driver; perhaps because of it's larger diameter. Also I like to fan grip my fairways, so 1.6-1.8cm and 21" diameter is what I'd lobby DGA for. Don' get me wrong, I've got a stack of Undertows.

Fan grips on a fairway, blasphemer.

They could make a squall OS. That might satisfy the need.

The Squall is a great disc but the rim is just too driverish for me comfortably bag it all the time. Switching up from it to a traditional mid profile was just a little more than my hand was comfortable with. I wish DGA would explore some molds on either side of the Squall, either fast but traditionally shaped mids or actual fairway drivers.

The Squall is a great disc but the rim is just too driverish for me comfortably bag it all the time. Switching up from it to a traditional mid profile was just a little more than my hand was comfortable with. I wish DGA would explore some molds on either side of the Squall, either fast but traditionally shaped mids or actual fairway drivers.

I pair my squalls with a kaxe for this reason.

Proline undertow=x comet
Sp undertow = z comet

This has be intrigued. I would love a driver speed comet. The FD and CD2 dont quite cover that slot entirely for me. In colorado its a rare needed flight though, usually theres room to power something over.

I know what you mean about Colorado, but those long turning shots are amazing. And once they beat in a little they flip up from a hyzer really nicely, even in the altitude.

So I've been looking at some DGA putters, mostly the Steady to complement my Magnet. Are there any more of their putters I should look at? I only use my Magnet and want to try something new.

I use the Reef as my putting putter and for straight and turnover drives/upshots. It's similar to a DX Aviar. The Breaker is nice as a shallow, beaded, overstable driving and upshot putter.

I use the Reef as my putting putter and for straight and turnover drives/upshots. It's similar to a DX Aviar. The Breaker is nice as a shallow, beaded, overstable driving and upshot putter.
Isn't the Reef also basically the APX?