• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

Yep, except the plastic is different. The old Reefs even had APX in the mold. The newest don't and the plastic is similar to the new Steady putters. It's harder/stiffer but a little waxier than the old plastic.

I'm liking this new DGA banner:
"DGA DISCS - - Simplify Your Game"

And I'm glad they're pushing the better Roc, the Aftershock. It really offers all that a Buzzz, Truth, Ghost, etc does, but it gets drowned in the sea of mids.

Ok, I'm glad somebody else said the symbols were. I like them too.

Although, I thought millennium was simplify your game.

Millennium was like: play smart, keep it simple, throw millennium. Kinda like the long, less direct version.

I've seen a sail with a really big version of its little emblem...looked sick. I'll ask if they are gonna do some special runs of some other molds stamped that way.

Hahahaha I have circle emblemed Hurricane and Squall. Need more circles.

Those circle emblems? Done up all big, like Big Z? Better not be weak plastic like Big Z... SP plastic with big stamps would be a win.

http://www.heavydisc.com/2016/04/dga-sail-review-glide-monster.html

Got some video up in the review of both my 10 yo son and myself throwing the Sail.

Nice review. Thanks for the vid

Those little symbols for all the discs are kinda neat.

Should I be worried there's not a Titanic or Tsunami symbol?

My steady just came in today, time to see how it is!

I have a matching pair of gold 170g Prolines from the Memorial. Interesting trades considered

Looky what Titanic_Sinks procured for me. A couple of Steady putters in CT Plastic and an SP Flex Breaker. Thanks Sias for going to all that trouble. You da man!

Steadys.jpg

I just picked up an Aftershock in Proline plastic. One with the (I assume newer) small stamp - but I am not sure because I know next to nothing about DGA discs. The disc feels great, but it is definitely not what I was expecting. From what I read online, most people describe DGA Proline as very grippy and similar to ESP from Discraft. Maybe I am crazy, but this Proline Aftershock seems much closer to Ti plastic from Discraft. Fairly stiff, not super grippy, and slightly metallic-looking. Is this what Proline is normally like, or is this new stuff different than older runs?

kcPWl9g.png

Proline is very similar to ESP. I wouldn't go as far as "very grippy," but some runs of certain molds were a bit softer with more flex. It depends on how much Z is in the blend.

From my experience, PL Aftershock blends have remained pretty consistent throughout the years. I have a tourney stamped one from '08 that feels and flies just like the newest run. Baking soda and a green pot scrubber will knock the new off it and help add some grip.

If you want a very grippy Aftershock, Marshall St still has the old basket stamp D-Line Aftershocks. They fly just like PL new with a bit more glide. The newer DL Aftershocks are too flippy.

Proline is very similar to ESP. I wouldn't go as far as "very grippy," but some runs of certain molds were a bit softer with more flex. It depends on how much Z is in the blend.

From my experience, PL Aftershock blends have remained pretty consistent throughout the years. I have a tourney stamped one from '08 that feels and flies just like the newest run. Baking soda and a green pot scrubber will knock the new off it and help add some grip.

If you want a very grippy Aftershock, Marshall St still has the old basket stamp D-Line Aftershocks. They fly just like PL new with a bit more glide. The newer DL Aftershocks are too flippy.

Thanks for the info - good to know about the old vs new DLs.

I went out and threw the Proline Aftershock during my round today and I was honestly blown away. What a smooth disc! Nice stability, predictable, and very easy to throw. I can't believe this disc isn't talked about more often. I will obviously be testing it out more over the coming weeks, but it could very well become a workhorse mid for me.

I felt up the new stamp Aftershocks today. The plastic is very different from the previous stamp and First Flight Proline Aftershocks, which is much like ESP. I have a stack of Proline Aftershocks in soft/grippy Proline. Get some of the old stamp or Marshall Street stamped Proline Aftershocks from Marshall Street. If you don't have at least 6 Aftershocks then you're just a poser. Orange, green, and yellow have been good colors for me.

I felt up the new stamp Aftershocks today. The plastic is very different from the previous stamp and First Flight Proline Aftershocks, which is much like ESP. I have a stack of Proline Aftershocks in soft/grippy Proline. Get some of the old stamp or Marshall Street stamped Proline Aftershocks from Marshall Street. If you don't have at least 6 Aftershocks then you're just a poser. Orange, green, and yellow have been good colors for me.

Ok, good to hear I'm not crazy. This new Proline plastic still feels good to me, but definitely not a soft or grippy ESP-type blend.

I am keeping the Aftershock in the bag for the next few rounds and will test it out some more. If it keeps flying for me like it did yesterday, I will definitely be picking up a stack.

I can't believe this disc isn't talked about more often.

I feel this way about DGA's entire lineup, but the lack of Aftershock throwers is especially baffling to me.

I felt up the new stamp Aftershocks today. The plastic is very different from the previous stamp and First Flight Proline Aftershocks, which is much like ESP. I have a stack of Proline Aftershocks in soft/grippy Proline.

The only particularly soft/grippy PL Aftershock I own is factory Tie Dye. I will admit I had only taken one tennis ball green new run PL Aftershock out of the plastic packaging before today, and I only casually tossed it before I gave it to my buddy.

Out of curiosity I got a new red one out, and the blend is a bit different. More transparent and a bit stiffer, but not slick. It also has a very faint vinyl record pattern all over it, like the first couple runs of SP Breakers but not as deep. I think that's what gives it that almost metallic hue you're talking about. I thought it was just the reflection of the plastic packaging it was in.

I'm gonna mess around with it today to see if I can notice any change in flight compared with the previous runs.

I ended up with a flat, light blue aftershock when DGA ran a dirty birdie challenge at DeLa. I quickly realized that is definitely more overstable than the old prolines and even sparkles. I made sure to grab a couple more when I took a disc trip to the DGA office. I can't say for sure how new aftershocks with more dome are flying though...haven't had my hands on em since my mids feel good right now.

The red one I tested flew pretty great. Mine is pretty flat, definitely no dome, but I didn't notice much more OS other than it being new. The only noticeable difference for me was the grip. The old blend definitely has a more grippy "gummy" feel. The new blend is only slightly grippier than SP, but I had zero slip and was still getting great snap.

The red one I tested flew pretty great. Mine is pretty flat, definitely no dome, but I didn't notice much more OS other than it being new. The only noticeable difference for me was the grip. The old blend definitely has a more grippy "gummy" feel. The new blend is only slightly grippier than SP, but I had zero slip and was still getting great snap.

It sounds like your experience was the same as mine. Mine is flat and the plastic doesn't feel very grippy to me, but surprisingly I didn't have any grip or release issues. It was hot and dry out though, so not sure how it will feel in the rain and/or cold.

Good to hear your newer proline is flying similar to the old ones - that way I know I am not missing out by having purchased a newer run. I am definitely looking forward to throwing the Aftershock some more this week to really put it through its paces.

This Aftershock could end up being a gateway drug for me. Wasn't able to throw at all today, so instead I have been reading up on other DGA molds and I might grab a few more to test out. The Squall sounds unique, and the Tsunami sounds pretty intriguing. Folks seem to swear by the Hurricane and Breaker as well. Just too many to choose from, haha...