• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

yeah rename this thread the lion's den!

that brainwave ce firebird is probably the only one that nobody can top i'm talking the orange one!

here are some old pictures, I have add like 40 ce firebirds since these were taken and just to lazy to re take them again.

I also have hundreds of the 10x firebirds and lots of randoms. Sold all my 11x firebirds and most of my pro candies. I kept a few japan open firebirds and other randoms.

Can we see the Japan open ones too?

here are two 11x japan firebirds and its hard to imagine but I have sold alot of ce firebirds to my father in law who has like 35 ce firebirds now. I think he got 30 from me and some of my nicest. Well he has a ton of ce, just everything

the first ce firebird is cool, has a wood dye on it.

Can we see the Japan open ones too?

Attachments

• ce firebird maybe yours.jpg
    ce firebird maybe yours.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_2093.jpg
    100_2093.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_1403.JPG
    100_1403.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 139
From what I've read on here, "F" on the back means 11x and "FB" means 12x. I just got one in the marketplace that was sold as 11x (x-out) but just had "F" on back. I'm not worryied about it because I love the disc no matter what. Just curious to what i actually have.

Here's some of Mine - A few more CE's and Candy Pro's not pictured as well as some additional Glows and many Champs & Stars.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

You guys got some sweet birds. Lets get some flight reviews and firebird storys going as well...

I love the pics but it is all things Firebird

The Firebird is an Innova Overstable staple that has been in production since 2000. It is the first disc I ever owned, thankfully in a 150g class. The Firebird is a very good headwind driver and it has a very predictable fade. It comes in a wide variety of plastic and a few different mold types. The firebird will have abbreviations on the bottom of the disc to help identify which mold it is. F stands for the original Firebird, FL stands for its less stable counterpart and FX stands for the most overstable mold of Firebird.

I use the Firebird for its reliability I know it will not turn over on me even in a gale force wind. That being said weight has a lot to do with its overstability (as it does with all discs). Lighter weights are more controllable for a new player but will still have a consistent fade. I can get my 150 to hyzer flip quite easily now that my form has gotten better and can turn it over if I throw it too hard. On the other hand my 175g CE Firebird is a beast that will never turn over unless it is put on a big Anhyzer angle. The firebird is a great FH Roller disc and I like it for downhill shots as well. The 150g is my get out of trouble disc and I can throw some sweet lines with it. The firebird is a great first oversatble driver because it is not too fast for a newer player to get a good flight out of.

The Firebird is produced today in DX, Champion and Star plastic. The DX will beat in the fastest and loose a bit of its stability over time. Pro Line will hold up longer and is a bit more overstable than dx. Champion is the most durable and most overstable. Star is in-between Pro and Champ. CFR Glow Firebirds are the most overstble but are only made for tournament fund raisers. KC 9x's are no were near as overstable as other firebirds and are oop and hard to find. I have a 9x and it is more like a teebird than a firebird. CE Firebirds are very overstable and are great for really windy days.
The firebird is a great disc because of the large variety of plastic it is available in and its dependable overstability. Not too fast but it defiantly takes some skill to throw with good results. If you want to go left (RHBH) this is a great disc to try.

It would be great if someone could expand on what I have ^ different run feel, stability and flatness that kind of thing.

For someone who knows basically nothing about Firechickens....what Firechicken would you suggest someone start out with: 11x and flat or a nice 169g or less CE Firechicken?

Last edited:
For someone who knows basically nothing about Firechickens....what Firechicken would you suggest someone start out with: 11x and flat or a nice 169g or less CE Firechicken?

Depends on what you want... Super OS or kinda OS....

If you want the most overstable get a beefy CE in 170g range. I really like the pro ones but they are not as OS when they beat in they are straight with good predictable fade.

The flat 11xers are awesome OS as well...

If you don't want to spend a bunch of money the flat Champ glows are great and very OS...

kind of OS but can be worked into a beautiful flying piece of art when thrown correctly

Pro is the way to go then IMO... Candy Pro has the best grip but will cost you. The older Pro is what I throw most of the time but I love the candy as well.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Last edited:
I want one that is in 10/10 condition and around 167-169g...if that is even possible!

That will cost ya for sure but IDK how much maybe $50... It all depends on if it is pearly and color and that kind of thing.

PM lion and see if he has one...

Latest posts