• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] All Things FIREBIRD

Infinitediscs.com has about 100 Sexton Firebirds up on their site at the moment. They are getting pricier each year. My prediction: they will be above $25 dollars retail within a couple of years.

Infinitediscs.com has about 100 Sexton Firebirds up on their site at the moment. They are getting pricier each year.

Sexton is an easy player to root for so I think most people don't mind them being expensive. That said, I"m really not into Firebirds at the moment. Why am I creeping around this thread?

Sexton is an easy player to root for so I think most people don't mind them being expensive. That said, I"m really not into Firebirds at the moment. Why am I creeping around this thread?

Well, it's either this one, or the auto stability tuna sandwich kickstarter disc thread. Makes Firebirds seem like a sensible place to hangout.

Have the Sextons always been this expensive? I seem to remember them being less before, both on the Innova Factory Store and Infinite.

Why does everyone want the Sexons so much? They look amazing, but are not the super beef I like in an FB.

I pair my Sexton bird with a FAF Firebird. Sexton for straight to fade bh/fh, FAF for spikes, overhands, fh rollers etc.

Why does everyone want the Sexons so much? They look amazing, but are not the super beef I like in an FB.

Not everyone throws 400+ FH's so a disc with a more straight HSS before a heavy hook up is nice in a thrower bird. Agree though that a true beefy control driver is needed to complement them depending on the player.

Not everyone throws 400+ FH's so a disc with a more straight HSS before a heavy hook up is nice in a thrower bird. Agree though that a true beefy control driver is needed to complement them depending on the player.

I didn't explain what I meant very well.

A normal slightly domey current run Star FB flies like a Sexon to me.
I could be wrong but that is my experience. You can buy one for $12-16 online. Sometimes less for X outs.

Sexons are very similar at $18+, but sell out in days.

Is he that popular? Do people find the flight that different?

I have a PFN Star that is beat up in the bag and it does what your describing. I could hand it to any guy on here with a 300 ft or more FH and they would like it. And it was $12.

Just want to know what people like about them to make them fly off the shelves.

The current fad
collectors
Folks like to say they have one
A few probably want to support Nate
Blah
Blah
Blah
And the number one reason around me is, neewbies with terrible forehands seem to think they have to have one because of all the BigSexy Jomez commentary! . :doh:

But then again, what do I know! I throw G* Firebirds.:p

Infinitediscs.com has about 100 Sexton Firebirds up on their site at the moment. They are getting pricier each year. My prediction: they will be above $25 dollars retail within a couple of years.

And those 100 Sexton Firebirds have all sold less than 24 hours later.

The current fad
collectors
Blah
Blah
Blah
And the number one reason around me is, neewbies with terrible forehands seem to think they have to have one because of all the BigSexy Jomez commentary! . :doh:

Sextons are good discs. That combined with the idiotic collector market has caused this.

I didn't explain what I meant very well.

A normal slightly domey current run Star FB flies like a Sexon to me.
I could be wrong but that is my experience. You can buy one for $12-16 online. Sometimes less for X outs.

Sexons are very similar at $18+, but sell out in days.

Is he that popular? Do people find the flight that different?

I have a PFN Star that is beat up in the bag and it does what your describing. I could hand it to any guy on here with a 300 ft or more FH and they would like it. And it was $12.

It's not much of a price difference and I kinda like color glow champ more than star.

I also don't mind supporting a pro that I like.

I'm on board with the gstars too. Not super flat but not domey, they seem fairly fast but go straight longer before they dump but aren't flippy.

I've got a color glow from the 2016 run that's in the 160s, board flat and still super beef that i bag the gstar with.

The current fad
collectors
Blah
Blah
Blah

I do not have a Sexton. Every time I have held one they feel amazing. My Sexton Firebird is a Felon, it feels the same...flat and gummy. However even though it is a very similar mellow FB flight path I really think it's not as good of a disc in that the HSS isn't nearly as consistent in wind...I guess paying a few more dollars is worth it? I agree with you that a domey star FB gets you basically the same flight path and the FB's consistent HSS, but if you prefer flatness and gummier plastic then the Sexton makes sense. I think just the cool plastic that still isn't common, flat feel but not the beefcake FB flight that often goes with it, and Sexton being a good guy makes it so easy for them to charge more and sell instantly.

I bet the factor of seeing him throw them 30 times per tourney round also helps them sell like mad.

Last edited:
How does a GStar compare to a Sexton, S-PD and Champ ThunderBird? I like the rim and want something similar to a X-Config S-PD, that has been beat in, mostly as a backup/hazardous conditions replacement. A Star FireBird lacks the glide.

I finally got around to throwing one of the 2017 Sexton birds and it flies just like a normal firebird. That is not a bad thing at all, but just not what I expected.

the two gstars I have are still beefy. really the only gstar disc besides the banshee that has held most of the original mold's stability that I have tried.

in fact, I just ordered two more gstars in the 160's to finalize my 2017/18 cool weather bag. I think I would prefer to shed some weight to help with turning them over without stressing one's arm during cold weather play.

once the weather warms my max weight blank top gold line felon's will be back in the bag. The gstar firebird is really the only soft plastic option for overstablity that I know of- a must when your fingers are on the cool side.

Last edited: