• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

ADGT ratings? Mwahahaha, based on a proprietary algorithm, no doubt.

I like how the Experienced Amateurs had a few players that were of questionable experience level.

Wow, 2 pros & 11 "Experienced Amateurs". 13 people... Really??

We get twice that at my club's casual weekly tag rounds. That is embarrassing.

Seriously. We just had an Unsanctioned tournament that we ran for a University. We had 47 there and managed to get two sponsored pros (small time local pros, but still). And in the DFW about an hour from North Park. The same weekend. So, yeah...

Seriously. We just had an Unsanctioned tournament that we ran for a University. We had 47 there and managed to get two sponsored pros (small time local pros, but still). And in the DFW about an hour from North Park. The same weekend. So, yeah...

OMG - YOU SHOULD CONTACT ESPN! IMMEDIATELY!

ADGT ratings? Mwahahaha, based on a proprietary algorithm, no doubt.

I like how the Experienced Amateurs had a few players that were of questionable experience level.

"Experienced Amateurs" is their nomenclature for "Advanced". Mockable, but so is the PDGA's division name---lots of less-than-advanced players in "Advanced".

Ratings are a mystery---the ADGT promises they'll issue handicaps, like golf. Presumably based on their bizarre concept of "par".

OMG - YOU SHOULD CONTACT ESPN! IMMEDIATELY!

I know! I'm not sure why we never thought of this. We're clearly big time here, need to contact the NFL so they don't schedule events that don't conflict with ours!

Seriously, though, if we managed to outdraw the Texas Open on the same weekend in the same market, then yeah, they're pretty much a joke.

"Experienced Amateurs" is their nomenclature for "Advanced". Mockable, but so is the PDGA's division name---lots of less-than-advanced players in "Advanced".

I play in Advanced. But I'm definitely more "experienced" than I am "advanced."

Ratings are a mystery---the ADGT promises they'll issue handicaps, like golf. Presumably based on their bizarre concept of "par".

Realistically, a turn out that small doesn't warrant separate divisions.

Well, it's about normal so far for "the foremost tour in quality disc golf tournaments".

There should be an asterisk on the word"
"quality". Here's how I'd fix it...

Quality*
*Actual quality not guaranteed. Quality is subject to availability. Terms and conditions may apply. ADGT is not liable for any confusion caused by their slogan. No rights reserved.

Very nice.

Might add that "past results do not guarantee future performance", since the ADGT tour so far has been abysmal.

"Foremost"
Come to our events and you'll hear players yell "FORE!!!" the most!

Given the massive egos of those involved, it's kind of amazing how bad they are at promoting their own creations.

I was just glancing at the DGPT thread, and couldn't help noticing the dramatic difference. Well-thought-out ideas, with a measure of self-doubt about the author's infallibility, and put up for public discussion.

I was just glancing at the DGPT thread, and couldn't help noticing the dramatic difference. Well-thought-out ideas, with a measure of self-doubt about the author's infallibility, and put up for public discussion.

He has also EARNED the respect of the disc golf world. The adgt really should be thinking about long term growth of their product. Start small and grow.....so far all we have seen is a lot of talk with miniscule results. A bit off putting to me.

I haven't been watching that thread as closely as this one (not as entertaining); however, I can tell that DGPT is doing was responsible business persons do when getting ready to market a new product--focus groups. They're just lucky to have an engaged fan base that is more than willing to offer up their opinions for free.

Latest posts