• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

They posted results (though I can only work out part of it). 13 players, 2 pros (5 of whom received free ADGT memberships). I'd say the Texas Open hitched their wagon to the wrong star.

It didn't help that they didn't have the event location listed on their webpage, at least when I checked awhile back. Texas is kinda big, ya know?

It didn't help that they didn't have the event location listed on their webpage, at least when I checked awhile back. Texas is kinda big, ya know?

I wondered about that too, but enough to figure it out. I wasn't sure what PDGA events they were scheduled in conflict with, or how close, Texas being a big state and all.

I'm not sure how much publicity they did---I didn't see any in Facebook or Google searches. Of course, they did have the "ESPN" mention, in the sense that it was a qualifier for the ESPN3 tournament, and those 4 letters are supposed to make disc golf swoon.

Considering Sportscenter anchors were still calling it Frolf when the first couple aces were shown on top plays, it's not surprising ESPN would just lump it into an all inclusive golf category. "Wait, so is it disc golf or frisbee golf? Do they call it frolf? **** it, it's going in the golf section. That'll be close enough."

Not sure how the golf fans might feel about that.

But you're probably right.

Though you'd think they'd include an asterisk or qualifier, such as:
2016 American Open (Disc Golf)

They posted results (though I can only work out part of it). 13 players, 2 pros (5 of whom received free ADGT memberships). I'd say the Texas Open hitched their wagon to the wrong star.

Can't find this on the ADGT site. Do you have a link?

Where are you finding the results? I can't get to anything through adgt's page, and I can't even find anything for the Texas Open.

They've been lying through their teeth to us about all kinds of things - "Live on ESPN" just leaving out the "3" what makes us so sure that they didn't lie to ESPN (and the general public) and just tell them this is golf coverage, just leaving out the "disc"

They've been lying through their teeth to us about all kinds of things - "Live on ESPN" just leaving out the "3" what makes us so sure that they didn't lie to ESPN (and the general public) and just tell them this is golf coverage, just leaving out the "disc"

Lying to a bunch of Disc Golfers is one thing, lying to ESPN can get you sued for fraud.

Part of me wants to have a front row seat to this steaming pile of a tournament, but then again, I don't want to give Salient any money.

could be fun to see it fail. Wonder how hard it will be to sneak in? or just talk like your a owner/player of failent

Must be a heck of a payout with all those Ams and only a handful of Pros.... Oh wait, there's still no payout structure? Hmmmm....

How has this not collapsed yet? When they barely fill a tournament who incurs the rest of the cost? Seems like a quick way for Salient/The Organizers to go broke based on their upcoming plans.

David why don't you go and do a point by point blow on the event. Live broadcast that will reach millions of people on espn 8

I might be banned, for having found too much entertainment in the Orangeburg fiasco, and shared such on facebook.

Then again, I might show up just to see if they have enough volunteers to even check tickets, or kick me out.

However, if they grant me license to interview the players, I'll have to strongly consider the offer.

How has this not collapsed yet? When they barely fill a tournament who incurs the rest of the cost? Seems like a quick way for Salient/The Organizers to go broke based on their upcoming plans.

Thank God it hasn't. What would we talk about?

Their refund policy is "at the sole discretion of the tournament director" so basically it is likely the registered players who will be S.O.L. and footing the bill if the whole thing goes belly up.

What I find incredible is that we're now just about a month away and they still haven't made known any details about the tournament publicly other than where, when and how much. Nothing about how many rounds, number of holes, etc. Other than asking for a shirt size at registration, they've made no promises as far as what the player pack/payouts will be for the amateurs or the pros. First prize in Open could be a five dollar bill and handshake for all we know.

They've managed to rope 70 suck...err...players in on nothing more than promises...the tour and event have zero track record to stand on. Even assuming they know or care nothing for Salient's reputation, at $150 to $300 a pop, it's kinda mind blowing the blind faith exhibited by those signing up.

Latest posts