• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

They've managed to rope 70 suck...err...players in on nothing more than promises...the tour and event have zero track record to stand on. Even assuming they know or care nothing for Salient's reputation, at $150 to $300 a pop, it's kinda mind blowing the blind faith exhibited by those signing up.

It is astonishing. Moreso, considering that virtually all of them seem to be traveling from long distances, at even greater expense.

But it probably means the early predictions of a complete collapse and cancellation won't pan out. The decision to change this from a Pro event to a Pro/Am (emphasis on Am) was probably a good one, at least for the TDs.

Can you imagine if they left it Pro only, lol! Looks like the lead card would be the cut!!!

Can you imagine if they left it Pro only, lol! Looks like the lead card would be the cut!!!

I'll have to admit, I took them at their word at the beginning, that it would be Pro-only, and predicted an early demise.

.....but that was clearly their expectation, that they'd mention "ESPN" and pros would rush to join, at $300 apiece. Remember the invite list and 45 days to claim a spot before opening registration to others?

Been leaning on doing it so I can have a first hand seat of the complete failure that's going to happen. hmmm should see if I can get sponsored by an erectile dysfunction company. Only seems kind of fitting for this kind of event

oooooo, no scrubs allowed, this division is for "experienced amatuers" (sic)

Re lack of details: Free beer Friday was promised by the organizers. Woo hoo.

The players pack will most likely include a bunch of Salient merch, which they need you move anyways. I wouldn't be overly excited for it.

Been leaning on doing it so I can have a first hand seat of the complete failure that's going to happen. hmmm should see if I can get sponsored by an erectile dysfunction company. Only seems kind of fitting for this kind of event

Oh, well. I was tempted to sponsor someone---a player willing to push and abuse those stupidly written rules. I would then go along, as that player's Caddy/Attorney, to argue the case. With a huge bonus if said player can make the final round lead card "Live on ESPN Networks". It could be fun.

However, there is that excessive entry fee...

Oh, well. I was tempted to sponsor someone---a player willing to push and abuse those stupidly written rules. I would then go along, as that player's Caddy/Attorney, to argue the case. With a huge bonus if said player can make the final round lead card "Live on ESPN Networks". It could be fun.

However, there is that excessive entry fee...

Pay my travel expenses and I'm in!

Latest posts