• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

I didn't take Ricky's words that way. More of, I'm there representing the sport if THIS event turns out big and successful.

His tone and body language were more like, "I wish I hadn't joined, but I'll keep my word and show up." Which could be a complete misread on my part, but that's how it looked as he struggled to find good things to say.

Yeah, the laughter at the asking of the question was most revealing.

I was in the audience and that was kind of the feeling I got. The weird thing was that the whole room seemed to have a change of tone for a moment too. :popcorn:

Of course I was laughing even before the question was finished. :D

"Sure, they have the worst reputation in the disc golf universe, and continue to do bad things at a remarkable rate, but let's not attach any of that baggage to their upcoming venture."

true story

Meanwhile, with credit for getting something right, the webcast is now listed as disc golf, and not just golf, on ESPN3's website.

Now, where am I going to get a collared Failient shirt at this late date?

You know what? I'll go halves with you on this if you decide to be our front row seat on this spectacle. I'm not kidding, and i'm kinda half drunk right now, so why not? The shirt is on you, though...

.....now that I think of it, the qualifying day doesn't look half-bad. $30 gets you on Cobblestone with your discs. Open until dusk. Hmmmmm........

David, just to clarify, this was the post I meant to respond to. The offer still stands, I think it might be worth it. I'm spontaneous after i've had a few...

the reaction of everyone at the interview when ask about this tour was priceless. The reason they all laughed is the same reason this thread is 250 pages. American disc golf tour is a scam and a joke, If you support this tourney you are supporting a known crook,liar, and all around bad company. kilgus, you can stick those lead coated Chinese Frisbees in your ear buddy.

David, just to clarify, this was the post I meant to respond to. The offer still stands, I think it might be worth it. I'm spontaneous after i've had a few...

I realized that. And I had a discussion with someone last night about doing it.

It would be interesting to see if they'd ban me, or accept my money.

I could peacefully play, by my own or PDGA rules, since I wouldn't be actually trying for a spot in the event. Or I could get in a group and push the ADGT rules and see where that would lead. Though some locals discussed having some "FAILIENT" shirts printed and wearing them in the gallery, I doubt they've done so, and at any rate, that's more uncivil than is my nature.

Cobblestone is, by all accounts, a great place. And convenient to me, to play after work. But I've played disc golf on a ball golf course before, and I'm not to fired up to do it again, regardless of the course. And from what I've seen of their design, I'm less so.

As it turns out, I'm coaching baseball that afternoon, so it doesn't matter.

I realized that. And I had a discussion with someone last night about doing it.

It would be interesting to see if they'd ban me, or accept my money.

I could peacefully play, by my own or PDGA rules, since I wouldn't be actually trying for a spot in the event. Or I could get in a group and push the ADGT rules and see where that would lead. Though some locals discussed having some "FAILIENT" shirts printed and wearing them in the gallery, I doubt they've done so, and at any rate, that's more uncivil than is my nature.

Cobblestone is, by all accounts, a great place. And convenient to me, to play after work. But I've played disc golf on a ball golf course before, and I'm not to fired up to do it again, regardless of the course. And from what I've seen of their design, I'm less so.

As it turns out, I'm coaching baseball that afternoon, so it doesn't matter.

Lets play a qualifying round together:hfive:

There's the man who would help me abuse the badly-written rules, just to demonstrate how badly-written they are.

There appears to be numerous events around Columbia and Charlotte that weekend now including Canaan's grand opening, the women's global event and a local club is having something similar to an Ace Race if I understood it correctly. If anyone has not played Canaan, that would be a great time on one of the best courses in SC. Also the Gamecocks are playing Texas A&M in baseball!

Man, I'm glad you posted that. Not in any derision of the ADGT, but I was thinking the Canaan event was this weekend, and thinking that I might just go and finish off my injured knee.

There's also a PDGA event at the Hippodrome, just an hour from Columbia. I think they grabbed an empty weekend on the schedule.

Though some of these conflicts will still allow fans to race home and watch the American Open on ESPN on Sunday afternoon.

I hear there will be one at Stoney Hill. :D

We scheduled it, but cancelled when it occurred to us that our guests would become enthralled with all those wide-open shots, and not want to play our course anymore.

We're not refunding anyone's money, though.