• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

And still no explanation on what the asterisks mean?

Not unless I'm overlooking it. Though the circumstantial evidence is that they are players who aren't going, or may not be going, or perhaps haven't paid but might yet pay and go.

Then again, I'm at a loss as to why they'd list names with an asterisk, without explanation. Or if they are players on the bubble, why they'd admit it.

But I still haven't come up with a reason for listing all Ams together (and marking the Seniors, and doing it the way they do). Or why names aren't listed in some sort of order. Or why they don't list hometowns---which I at least understand might be extra work, but would perhaps show this as a national draw. They list them on the membership list (which hasn't been updated in a long time).

Then again, my not understanding this event is a big factor in my entertainment with it.

Not unless I'm overlooking it. Though the circumstantial evidence is that they are players who aren't going, or may not be going, or perhaps haven't paid but might yet pay and go.

Well, in baseball we all know what an asterisk means.....perhaps they've all failed a PED test.

I thought Raincoat Ricky did a great job with his answer. It makes sense too- if it is in fact going to be broadcast online over ESPN networks (or whatever), he wants to be the face that people see. People outside of disc golf are going to tune in and hopefully Rick will be jammin some huge putts and throwing monster shots.

I thought Raincoat Ricky did a great job with his answer. It makes sense too- if it is in fact going to be broadcast online over ESPN networks (or whatever), he wants to be the face that people see. People outside of disc golf are going to tune in and hopefully Rick will be jammin some huge putts and throwing monster shots.

I haven't watched the video, so I can only read into the limited second-hand accounts on here. But this is exactly how I see it. He really has nothing to lose. He's nearly guaranteed to to cash, and he can play close to home.

If the event turns out to be successful, he has the chance to be the face of it. If it fails, he's just walking home with a little extra cash. The potential upside far outweighs the downside for him.

I haven't watched the video, so I can only read into the limited second-hand accounts on here. But this is exactly how I see it. He really has nothing to lose. He's nearly guaranteed to to cash, and he can play close to home.

If the event turns out to be successful, he has the chance to be the face of it. If it fails, he's just walking home with a little extra cash. The potential upside far outweighs the downside for him.

I hear ya on the "close to home" thing, but man that is a lot of miles to be putting on. He's already literally zig zagged across the country and we're just now getting into May.

Btw- I'm planning on tuning in, can't wait to see what kind of show they put on.

Wasn't Wysocki involved in the course design?

No, but he,Barry Schultz and a few others were allowed to walk it/practice on it some months ago and, if Salient is to be believed, were allowed to make a few small suggestions.

Ricky is now much more comfortable in front of a camera so this might indeed be good exposure for him, especially if Billy Crump is giving the interview. But assuming he's just going to waltz away with a win isn't right either...Barry Schultz is playing, after all. He's beaten Ricky plenty of times before, albiet never on a wide open golf course that favkrs distance. Ricky isnt an ice man like Paul McBeth, but he also isnt easily flustered if he makes a mistake or two, which Barry could capitalize on. My money is still on Barry because that dude is pinpoint accurate...

More ammunition for you guys. Just noticed they have combined all seniors into one group and now there are four SC players names I recognize.

Leave the name calling, pot stirring, and unfounded comments to us...just go sit in the corner and fondle that Salient antidote of yours :)

Leave the name calling, pot stirring, and unfounded comments to us...just go sit in the corner and fondle that Salient antidote of yours :)

Haha! I am wondering if I should wear jorts with the shirt pictured with the sleeves cutoff to the players meeting to represent the SC dg community.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 57
More ammunition for you guys. Just noticed they have combined all seniors into one group and now there are four SC players names I recognize.

I count 5 Upstate, 1 Charleston, and Ricky. 7 total SC players.

So a week before the tournament, well after the "no refund" policy was instituted, some players were involuntarily moved from the division they'd paid to play? Well, if it matters enough, they can always appeal to the governing body and....uh, wait.....oh.

(Thanks for the ammo)

Well, it's a small thing, really, just a bit of amusement I couldn't resist. And there might be one or two more in-state players, though none from Columbia.

I'm just hoping they send all registered players a Betamax tape of the ESPN coverage when it's all said and done.

I count 5 Upstate, 1 Charleston, and Ricky. 7 total SC players.

None from Columbia, but 1 from Orangeburg, I believe. Apparently the further away you get, the better it looks.

Of course, there could be a bunch of locals making a run at qualifying day, for all I know.

.....now that I think of it, the qualifying day doesn't look half-bad. $30 gets you on Cobblestone with your discs. Open until dusk. Hmmmmm........