• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

Waiting for this thread to explode after hearing something yesterday about a recent ADGT event but evidently no one has heard about it inland or it is rumor.

If you whisper it to me, it won't be unheard of inland for much longer.

Like 5000 posts good. What's the limit?

Twice as entertaining, but not twice as lengthy. In other words, more quality than quantity.

We've had 6 months to accumulate 2500 posts, helped in part by the absence of solid information from the proprietors fueling speculation.

Afterwards we'll have the results, comments from participants, and---hopefully---comments from the Salient guys, which are bound to be fuel for the fire, no matter how the actual event and viewer numbers turn out. But, I doubt the fun will last another 6 months and 2500 posts.

Unless the ADGT announces that they're continuing the tour beyond the American Open. In which case, all bets are off.

If you whisper it to me, it won't be unheard of inland for much longer.

Haha, I am sure when your nephew gets wind of it, it will be everywhere. I tuned it out when I heard because none of the Charleston guys really cared about it even though some could be affected. I am shocked no one has heard about in Columbia yet and I just do not want to join the Salient hater sewing circle.

If it involves them not getting ratings for attending a PDGA event, or perhaps a claim that it wasn't a PDGA event or that everyone there was ADGT, then it's not so much news as confirmation. If it's something else, I'm sure the extensive network of Salient monitors will bring it to light.

Unfortunately there is no sarcasm font on here, so it is hard to tell who is giving this tournament a chance and who is spending way too much time and energy bashing it. It seems like people would rather put down something and possibly be wrong if it turns out good over supporting something that may turn out bad.

I can answer that on my part. I give it a good chance to be somewhat successful---a lot of players, a great venue---but marvel at how badly it is being done. And, yes, I'm spending way too much time and energy following this story.

I'm not sure you can give the proprietors a pass on all the things they've done in the past, and say, "Sure, they have the worst reputation in the disc golf universe, and continue to do bad things at a remarkable rate, but let's not attach any of that baggage to their upcoming venture."

It seems like people would rather put down something and possibly be wrong if it turns out good over supporting something that may turn out bad.

It's a bit of a bum rap. You don't see anything like this reaction to the endeavors of other companies, other tours, other TDs. There is always criticism from someone, of course, but those others have also built up a reserve of good will to buffer it.

Salient has just signed an exclusive agreement with the Svitkos for the use of Lemon Lake.

LOL

stirring-the-pot-kvzkts.jpg

The Registered Players list now includes a number of players with asterisks by their names, though I can't find any footnote to explain what the asterisk means. I have a suspicion that it may mean "not paid" or "not coming". Anyone care to lay bets?

I know one of the asterisk players. He's a Salient Squad amateur player who has no money to come from Missouri to SC. He had a GoFundMe page set up to help pay for his trip, but last I knew it was right around $0.00... so he's not coming.

It's a bit of a bum rap. You don't see anything like this reaction to the endeavors of other companies, other tours, other TDs. There is always criticism from someone, of course, but those others have also built up a reserve of good will to buffer it.

Saying the ADGT is getting a bum rap is implying that the criticism against them in unwarranted. I could not disagree more. If their business was only partially related to disc golf, it might be worth giving them a chance, but it isn't. All they've done is rip off people since Salient became a thing...why would anyone in their right mind think that they were the right people to run a single tournament, let alone an actual tour? I'm not wholly confident that Steve Dodge can pull of his tour, and he has proven himself to be much more reliable, trustworthy and dedicated to the sport side of disc golf.

A lot of the Salient Squad members are defending Salient by saying 'all new companies have their hiccups' but that doesn't really hold water. Not only is Salient in it's 3rd year, they were Physical Flight for many years before that. One of the dumbest parts of this whole thing is that Physical Flight WAS well respected. Physical Flight had great products and a great pro to endorse them, Michael Johansen. This indicates to me that all of their shenanigans are only done because of greed and done with malice of forethought.

Saying the ADGT is getting a bum rap is implying that the criticism against them in unwarranted. I could not disagree more. If their business was only partially related to disc golf, it might be worth giving them a chance, but it isn't. All they've done is rip off people since Salient became a thing...why would anyone in their right mind think that they were the right people to run a single tournament, let alone an actual tour? I'm not wholly confident that Steve Dodge can pull of his tour, and he has proven himself to be much more reliable, trustworthy and dedicated to the sport side of disc golf.

A lot of the Salient Squad members are defending Salient by saying 'all new companies have their hiccups' but that doesn't really hold water. Not only is Salient in it's 3rd year, they were Physical Flight for many years before that. One of the dumbest parts of this whole thing is that Physical Flight WAS well respected. Physical Flight had great products and a great pro to endorse them, Michael Johansen. This indicates to me that all of their shenanigans are only done because of greed and done with malice of forethought.

Note that I didn't say the ADGT is getting a bum rap. I said that people like you and me are getting a bum rap, for criticizing them and not "giving them a chance."

Or, at least, that's what I meant. I guess I didn't word it well.

I meant to say that Salient is getting just desserts for their behavior. Other companies don't get dumped on like this, because other companies don't deserve it.

Didn't feel like going thru all the pages. But I laughed when I read the min. from the pdga meeting in March.

"Hans Nagtegaal reported that there was concern from some of our PDGA Europe country coordinators over the various disc golf tours that had popped up in 2016. Graham reminded the board that the Disc Golf World Tour and Disc Golf Pro Tour were not competitors of the PDGA and both were a series of PDGA sanctioned events working within PDGA guidelines and as such receive our support. The third unnamed tour, who is working outside of PDGA guidelines, is not currently perceived as a serious threat due to issues and challenges they have as a result of their alleged poor reputation in the general disc golf community."

Unfortunately there is no sarcasm font on here, so it is hard to tell who is giving this tournament a chance and who is spending way too much time and energy bashing it. It seems like people would rather put down something and possibly be wrong if it turns out good over supporting something that may turn out bad.

You know the saying "everybody deserves a second chance?"
This is Failients billionth chance

Latest posts