• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

American Disc Golf Tour

The Registered Players list now includes a number of players with asterisks by their names, though I can't find any footnote to explain what the asterisk means. I have a suspicion that it may mean "not paid" or "not coming". Anyone care to lay bets?

(And my apologies for referring anyone to that odd list, with all the Am divisions scrambled together and the players listed in no discernible order. But I shouldn't nitpick; it's a mostly-amateur event, why shouldn't the website be amateurish?)

Waiting for this thread to explode after hearing something yesterday about a recent ADGT event but evidently no one has heard about it inland or it is rumor.

Waiting for this thread to explode after hearing something yesterday about a recent ADGT event but evidently no one has heard about it inland or it is rumor.

Are you talking about the one that was also a PDGA event but had 0 players attend (according to published results?)

You mean the one where they didn't post any results even though there were players who played?

Seems to me they wanted to avoid paying the PDGA fees

You mean the one where they didn't post any results even though there were players who played?

Seems to me they wanted to avoid paying the PDGA fees

But....that would be fraud. I wouldn't think "progressive" thinkers would be committing fraud. Surely it's just a mistake. Probably by the PDGA.

Is the TD's name really Tim Shade Hogg ?

Conjures up multiple images, it does.

Yes. And the crazy thing is, he's not the one responsible for this mess.

Shade's a great guy, a longtime disc golfer and a TD from the olden days. By all accounts Salient hired him as an employee in January---after this debacle was set up---and he's done an admirable job of trying to reach out to people, in a reasonable and positive way. From my vantage point, he's fighting a considerable current.

Choosing between a guy known as "Shade" and a guy who goes by "Doctor", don't go with your first instincts.

Your "great guy" is either also a scam artist or he's a total rube. You know him, I dont.

For someone who admits to not knowing him you sure seem to think you are still qualified to assess his character. How does that work?

Your "great guy" is either also a scam artist or he's a total rube. You know him, I dont.

Or between a rock and a hard place.

I'd like to shoot the clerks at the fast-food kiosk when, after I order, they ask me if I want to add something else. Dammit, if I wanted an apple pie, I would have asked for one. But I know they're following instructions. Who hasn't been in that position in their employment?

I could be mistaken, but I believe Shade needed a job, and someone in disc golf offered him one, and he's making the best of it. He's titular TD. But the blocked facebook pages, the arrogant statements and website design, and the original folly, and the rest, come from the owners.

I was in a thread with Shade where he started by admitting there was a rift with the locals, and asking if there might be a way to make amends and work together. It was going smoothly and civilly until the Doctor jumped in. And what's an employee going to do---lambast his employers publicly?

It's possible they've corrupted him in the past 3 months, of course. For some reason I'm not exactly on everyday speaking terms with any of them, anymore, so I don't know for sure.

For someone who admits to not knowing him you sure seem to think you are still qualified to assess his character. How does that work?

Perhaps it was the assumption that the TD is running the show. Which is understandable.

I'm not an idiot.
I dont think he's running Salient. But he IS knowingly working for people who continue to get worse and worse. You can try and justify it all you want. Is Salient REALLY paying this guy a full time salary? Even minimum wage? I highly doubt it...I dont see how they could possibly afford it.

Their Salient Squad are leaving like rats from a sinking ship. Two of their "captains" have quit and very publicly went on tirades about their mistreatment and the things Salient are doing.

Everyone has friends. Everyone is a nice guy or gal to someone. Im a ****ing prick in real life because I generally hate people, but I dont treat my daughter like **** and dont treat others like **** in front of her...so to her Im a "great guy" even though I very much am not.

So I get it, your friend or at least acquaintance is a great guy. But he knowingly works for Salient and apparently has been doing so for months. His OWN BOSS cut in on him on some forum, if I'm readinflg your story correctly, and managed to negate every single thing he had just done. Thats disrespectful at best and blatantly telling your own employee that they dont matter and are worthless at worst. Great leadership skills.

Ergo: he either does not have a problem with the way Salient does things,making him a scam artist, or he is totally oblivious to the mountains of evidence that are so damning that the novice and rec players who paid to be sponsored are publicly denouncing the company, which makes him a rube.

So....your choice. From what you are saying I'm going to go with "rube."

Unemployment sucks. Its hard out there to find a job. But whatever they are paying him isnt worth it....especially when he is TDing an event that cant even draw 25 percent of what it drew the year before just because it stunk of Salient. He IS the TD of record. Messing up the results submissions is his responsibility. Unless he is trying to stick it to Salient, which I doubt.

So sorry you're pissed off and/or assume I dont have a brain. I get it...I was taking in with the early days of the Salient Squad too, remember? I got all sorts of bold promises: free membership, team captain, exciting new molds,partnership with RDG, big Salient events...but it didnt take me long to find the old man behind the big wizard. And that was before they started fake suing everyone and shipping off their latest runs of ****ty shoes and even ****tier bags.

So Im sorry but no, there isn't a valid excuse for this guy. Either way, be it through deliberate malice or by pretending the problem doesnt exist, he is part of the issue.

Apologies in advance for being quite rude in the above post...anything regarding Salient is really pissing me off at the moment, given that the BBB refuses to do anything with my very valid complaint.

So sorry you're pissed off and/or assume I dont have a brain.

I'm sorry if I gave than impression. Neither would be true. I'm just passing along a little extra information I have, largely from being members of lots of local Facebook groups, and having known Shade from about 15 years ago, though not well.

I'm pissed at Salient for other reasons, mostly expressed on local Facebook pages.

I generally agree, but not so stridently. My point is that, though his name and nickname sound remarkably fitting for the bad guy in a 1950s western, the opposite is mostly true here. Which I think is humorously ironic.

At any rate, I'm sorry for the digression. Let's talk about this:

The Registered Players list now includes a number of players with asterisks by their names, though I can't find any footnote to explain what the asterisk means. I have a suspicion that it may mean "not paid" or "not coming". Anyone care to lay bets?

(1) Are some of their "top players" in their already thin pro division not coming?
(2) Did they ever pay to begin with?
(3) If so, will ADGT stick to their "no refund" policy with these guys?
(4) If they do, how will the players react, and will they do so publicly?

Probably much ado about nothing, but at least more topical than Salient's employment practices.

I'm sorry if I gave than impression. Neither would be true. I'm just passing along a little extra information I have, largely from being members of lots of local Facebook groups, and having known Shade from about 15 years ago, though not well.

I'm pissed at Salient for other reasons, mostly expressed on local Facebook pages.

I generally agree, but not so stridently. My point is that, though his name and nickname sound remarkably fitting for the bad guy in a 1950s western, the opposite is mostly true here. Which I think is humorously ironic.

When I remarked on his name I wasn't even thinking about the context of this thread, I just thought it was a heck of a name. You wouldn't want to be in the desert with this guy.

Sorry for the hijack. We now return you to our regularly scheduled Salient Bitch Session.

Apologies in advance for being quite rude in the above post...anything regarding Salient is really pissing me off at the moment, given that the BBB refuses to do anything with my very valid complaint.

can the bbb actually do anything? my impression was that they can really only raise awareness of complaints. companies that don't care about their public perception can freely ignore any BBB complaints.

As in, complaining to the BBB is slightly more serious than leaving a negative yelp review but not substantially more serious

can the bbb actually do anything? my impression was that they can really only raise awareness of complaints. companies that don't care about their public perception can freely ignore any BBB complaints.

As in, complaining to the BBB is slightly more serious than leaving a negative yelp review but not substantially more serious

I personally do not go to the BBB website anytime before I purchase a $15 piece of plastic but many others may. Rip Off Report is probably a better way to communicate your hate and negativity as the site allows petty as well as justified negativity. Rip Off Report also has some funny complaints that read like local police blotters.

Latest posts