• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

An Efficient Killer - The Pred Thread

cfair said:
-There are technically two molds. The current one and then an old mold that has become DGA's Tsunami. (can anyone provide more info on this, dates of change, reason for change, differences between the two molds?) As I understand it, the new mold has a bead (big, small?).

this.

^^^

bumping because I want to know this as well. Could anyone summarize the differences between the two molds or why they were made?

also how about the stability differences between plastics?

It changes after the first run (lion head ghost stamped) in 02 or 03. Dcraft wanted it to be more overstable. The Tsunami is like an overstable Teebird/slightly more overstable avenger. It also has more glide than the pred. The Sparkle is a little more overstable than the proline.

I got some more work in with my X Preds yesterday finally and I find it a very interesting disc. Compared to the ESP, it has just a little more turn, but still very straight and then when it fades, where the ESP would kind of drop a bit and skip, the X Pred seems to stay in the air more giving it more of an ability to actually track left further (RHBH).

I still have to beat them up but so far, I think it will be usefull for those holes that turn left a ways out but then continue in that direction for a good distance, where in the past, I might try to hit the inside corner with a Z or ESP and try to use the skip.

The pred was my original overstable driver. Used it for a while and loved it. Found a good deal on a stack of 11x Firebirds, so I gave them a shot. Picked up a couple XXX's. Picked up a few C-PD's.

I've recently gone back to the Pred's and don't think I'll ever go back. I've got one brand new, one seasoned, but still very stable, and one that I bought used (older, somewhat opaque orange pred). The newer ones have saved me several stokes already. I'll have to see how much use I have of the beat one next to my S-PD's which is looking pretty minimal honestly).

Meh, i should be able to replace the x predator with some nice elite z avengers. Are the new run of eagles that nice?

I've got a wide variety of z avengers that cover everything from roller to just less stable then a predator. I have a couple of x's but they're pretty beat up and they are my turnover fairway drivers...

I was an eagle thrower for over a year but decided to switch to discraft about three months ago, but the rocs are sneaking back in and I'm guessing with the purchase of a great looking 11x eagle x from PIAS the eagles will be back soon also.

mickas said:
I was an eagle thrower for over a year but decided to switch to discraft about three months ago, but the rocs are sneaking back in and I'm guessing with the purchase of a great looking 11x eagle x from PIAS the eagles will be back soon also.

Unless they're paying you to throw their discs, use the best disc for that slot. All the "X" brand bags make no sense to me at all...

Trey133 said:
What if they're giving you some plastic?

If they're giving you plastic on the agreement that you are to throw only theirs, that is the same thing as them paying you. It doesn't have to be cash.

Which one of you jerks got the 4 stamp pred that went for 9.99 on ebay last night? I unfortunately missed that one :(

I've started throwing the Pred again, and I am loving it! I can rip these on a hyzer and never have to worry about where it is going to land. Flex them out for a little extra distance, but you still know where it's going. I carry a 174 in ESP and Z, with the ESP having just a little bit more glide.

Preds are much longer than I thought when beat in. I'm pretty sure I don't need avengers much anymore.