• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Anode or Yeti Aviar

Which new putter should I get

• Anode

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Yeti Pro Aviar

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anodes are just as easy to grip as an Ion. Super comfy in the hand, and the perfect depth. But I also love the bead. If I was to go beadless, it would be Anode all the way.

Yeah f the gloss on new premium plastic but thats an easy fix!:)

Ok, I heard about your uber-velvety Neutron discs and this elusive way to get them that way. As an MVP fanboy please do share how to achieve this quality? I have seen pictures of your day glow Ions that look "velvety". I have a day glow Axis, my first MVP disc, that is now 3 years old and barely staring to get that quality. Is it simply age that makes it like a fine Bordeaux? Or is there a secret method to "work" it into that quality. Please do share.

As I said I've thrown the Anode and used for quite awhile, it seemed to fly faster than the Aviar which left me long on a lot of shots and gave me inconsistent flights when I tried to dial it in. Great disc and performed very well, it just didn't fit me or my game. With all the discs out these days its a lot of trial and error. For me I like minimalism and the Anode just wasn't it. You'll get the fan boys who think the discs or the brand they throw are the end all be all of golf discs but it's about what works for you and what doesn't, if you have the cash I'd say buy one of each and decide for yourself.

Real improvement in this game isn't about what's in your bag but what you can do with it. The more consistent you are with what you throw the more consistent you will be with how you throw it.

I've been using Anodes since they came out. No issues ever with wet grip or spitouts. If anything they stick to the chains better. You won't find a truer flying putter than the Anode. It holds any line and doesn't get squirrely. You also won't find a neutral putter that is better in the wind. There are a lot of nice putters out there but honestly they all feel second rate after throwing the Anode. It's a fantastic drive/approach putter with a smooth clean release. I would like some baseline plastic Anodes but Proton soft works fine. I'm not a fanboy of any company and I try all discs with an open mind but I will say MVP is killing it in the putter game. The gyro works. Get it spinning in a direction and it holds that line. Seems to get somewhere fast but then will drop when it slows down which definitely saves on three putts. I say try the Anode!! If you don't like it I'm sure it won't be hard to trade away.

Anodes are the same as ions but do not have a bead. Crazy talk saying ions are easier to grip if the profile is your problem.

Nope, not crazy talk as everyone has a different grip. The bead on an Ion gives some of us a better grip. For me, if a putter is beadles, it had better be shallow so I can pinch the flight plate.

Find somewhere you can handle the Anode in different plastics. I didn't like the Anode in proton or soft proton or neutron, but the plasma anode kicked every other putter out of my bag. I drive with a 155 and 168 and putt with 2 174s. Grip is excellent even when wet.

Ok, I heard about your uber-velvety Neutron discs and this elusive way to get them that way. As an MVP fanboy please do share how to achieve this quality? I have seen pictures of your day glow Ions that look "velvety". I have a day glow Axis, my first MVP disc, that is now 3 years old and barely staring to get that quality. Is it simply age that makes it like a fine Bordeaux? Or is there a secret method to "work" it into that quality. Please do share.

Wash them with a very rough scrub pad like scotch brite industrial stuff, use a very fine grit sand paper, stand on the flight plate on smooth concrete and get your balarina on, throw them upside down in a driveway and fill the inside with small rocks shaking it around, throw them hard into a sandbox or baseball dirt field and get your rub on.

Just need friction to slowly wear the gloss.

1437354777891.jpg

Yeah' these ions?! :D

My soft neutrons are even better and just made these feel like my 2011 whites due to being harder.

All this talk about what's best and OP didn't even mention what features he's looking for...

Really hard to recommend specifically for you without adding additional details.
•feel (depth, wing, beaded/not, blunt, etc. )
•stability (over, under, neutral)
•plastic availability (premium, base, in between, all)

(With the limited info these folks are only able to recommend what's worked for them)

He asked Yeti or Anode. Not much to really discuss. Go Anode, baby!

:)

Well we are on that allen Iverson mode duh. Really does come down to practice. I might be better at throwing old bread off my deck at this point tho.

If you once liked the JK, keep it for the colder weather and get a Yeti Pro for the warm.

If premium plastic doesn't bother your grip feel, then get whatever feels best and have at it. I tried lot's of different putters before I found what worked for me. Actually, most of us have.

He asked Yeti or Anode. Not much to really discuss. Go Anode, baby!

:)
Hence the option for "other"...

C'mon, keep an open mind and recommend what may be best for him. You risk losing credibility by remaining close minded. To each his own... ;)
The jk is very beat in now making the plastic extremely soft which I don't love and the standard dx just doesn't feel good coming out of my hand.
So allot of companies have various blends of firmness, or premium. Some like abase plastic putter to "beat in" to perfection. Some like the flight to remain the same for continuity sake, having to replace less frequently, premium.

Companies like dynamic discs have multiple blends if you like the feel of the mold. Judge (shallower wizard) being beaded and the warden is beardless (aviar'esque). But they make those putters in; classic soft, classic blend, classic, prime, fluid (gstar), lucid (champ), fuzion (star) so allot of options in firmness and tack.

Finding the right putter is a journey, have fun. Don't stress. If you asked anyone here chances are they have settled on a putter different from what they started with. Another good thing is to get your hands on a variety, you can trade or buy used putters in the marketplace shipped for cheap usually. That'll be the best way to find out. Can probably even find a anode and jk and test them out.

Having had both, I'd go with the anode for purely putting, and for putting/driving/upshot.

the only problem with the anode is the plastic material, does not stick in the chains as well as other plastics like dx. you can say this is user error but I've tested them back and forth.
I have had the opposite experience. I've had more spit outs with base line putters than premium. 1 year with Neutron Ions and Anodes, 1 year with Neutron Envy, 6 months with soft neutron Envy and this year with a Plasma Ion. I know it's the common opinion that base sticks better, but not for me. (spin putter)

Never ever putt with premium plastic unless you like slip throughs and spit outs. Be smart and go with the Yeti.

yeah, says the Michael Moore Fan Club President. . . . .

I mean at least change your title if you want to be taken seriously.

I have two aces on the same yeti
and one on a colt
they are both excellent putters, both feel great in the hand, and they are also great off the tee!
The overmold on an MVP disc will gouge just the same fwiw

lol. the overmold is nothing like pro plastic and they do not gouge the same at all. I used yetis in California and they looked like hell after one round at a rocky desert like course.

Latest posts