• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone have trouble finding a comfortable putter? Can anyone ID the one I found?

Get a glow as others have said. It's the perfect combo of grip and firmness IMHO.

I use a whole slew of Wizards for drives and approaches, but I putt with a glow Magic. It's the best thing since sliced bread and pockets on jeans.

I love my sss wizard hit like a 100ft putt with it today sticks in the chain very nice grip very predictable and small diameter. I like putters and mids that you can bend in half.

I love my sss wizard hit like a 100ft putt with it today sticks in the chain very nice grip very predictable and small diameter. I like putters and mids that you can bend in half.

I doubt you cam bend a sss wiz in half... I have a few sss magic and wizard and they are definitly not that flexible.

Anyway, all that talk about glow wizard and magic being so fantastic really make me want to try one... Magic is my main putter and the wizard is my goto driving and approach putter...!

I've tried a variety of putters as well. In fact, I practice with almost every putter I have, and they run the gamut, from a muscle memory standpoint. My official putter for rounds and tourneys, though, is the Super Soft VooDoo. I have been using the same purple SS VooDoo for the last 18 months; I'm finally breaking a couple more in. I fell in love with the firm flight plate, which feels like the other discs I use, and the tacky grippy feel of the plastic that grabs the chains really well. The only time I might prefer a floppier putter (I approach and drive with a beat R-Pro Rhyno that is pretty flexible) is during cold weather, when the VooDoo becomes a little firmer and the plastic gets more slick.

I doubt you cam bend a sss wiz in half... I have a few sss magic and wizard and they are definitly not that flexible.

Anyway, all that talk about glow wizard and magic being so fantastic really make me want to try one... Magic is my main putter and the wizard is my goto driving and approach putter...!

Let one sit in your hot car for a couple days

I putt with zero, drive straight to left up to 320' with opto, and drive straight to right with gold line.

for the record...hard to soft
gi9, medium, soft,glow,ss,sss,ssss,rff. Organic versions move up a step in firmness. ie org ss is s like.
sss i feel is more like what other manufacturers call soft.
tried them all, used to use soft and now ss is for me, glow for driving.
if your looking to buy several,marshall st has x outs for like 6$. i get awesome x out stamps all the time because they are slight off center.
IMG_20120920_160902_zps8b707777.jpg

Last edited:
Jake, you can get 10 discs for $70 or 5 for $40 delivered through Facebook/Paypal directly from Gateway, why bother with x outs and $6.00 shipping from Marshall Street? These are not misprints or x outs. I got 6 SSS Voodoos, 2 HPP Sabres, and 2 HPP Elements for 7 bucks each delivered.

I may be weird, but I think the Rhyno is super comfortable to hold. The DX is the stiffest, while the R-Pro or Champion are probably the stickiest. I mainly like the thumbtrac it has on top to help with accuracy on your putts.

Jake, you can get 10 discs for $70 or 5 for $40 delivered through Facebook/Paypal directly from Gateway, why bother with x outs and $6.00 shipping from Marshall Street? These are not misprints or x outs. I got 6 SSS Voodoos, 2 HPP Sabres, and 2 HPP Elements for 7 bucks each delivered.

awesome, i had heard of the gateway ebay site but not this. thanks for the tip:hfive:

You know OP, reading your first post again, I have to say that if you can't make ANY of those quality putters you tried work, it's the Indian not the arrow. Pick the one that feels best and stick with it instead of continuously switching it up.

Seriously, check out a magic. I had a medium one that is the firmest disc I've ever held, and the evo which is not floppy, but the top has a little more give.

try an xd or a rhyno in dx plastic... they beat in nicely and are more stiff than floppy

Latest posts