• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Anyone like the Warlock?

I honestly don't notice a ton of difference if flight between a Wizard and Warlock. The Warlock feels better in the hand and gives me a much cleaner release. I just keep getting Wizards as giveaways and I'm cheap so I throw the Wizards.

A warlock was my first putter and i still throw them. i am now using Anodes as my primary driving and putting putter, but i like the warlock for up shots.

Put my 4yr old Warlock and 2 fresh Wizards in the bag. Pures are too understable for my taste. I've thrown all Gateway putters and the Warlock is my favorite. All-time favs: warlock, rhyno, ion, wizard, banger gt.

I was on warlocks for a while. I still have 3 light blue ss, ss, sss. They worked fine and there was nothing wrong with them. Messed around with some darts last month and never looked back.

I love my Evo-Warlock! It feels just right in my hand, and I can drive it 150 feet with no fade, and be dead on. I use it for up-shots and for very narrow corridors on forest courses, because it is straight as an arrow.

I think the Warlock is beadless. I've only ever fondled them but to read this thread I now want to put them against my Pures. I've finally started working on my putting in a serious manner and I've always heard good things about the Warlock. Damnit.

^^ thanks.. thats what i was thinking.. think thats the main reason i never tried one .. ian is a big fan of the bead :eek:

What's the best plastic for putting? I like a relly firm putter, but don't want it to be slick. Would medium be too much or go with soft?

Warlock vs. Wizard

I feel like they didn't necessarily remove the bead going from Wizard to Warlock, they just filled in the rim so that the bead is flush. In my opinion this just gives my fingers more complete contact and makes it more comfortable for me to hold.

Wizard is 1.8cm deep. Warlock is 1.6cm. They removed the bead. Warlocks and Wizards throw damn near identically when new.

looking for info and maybe profile pics next to a p2,wizard,magic. ive had interest in trying magics again too but i gotta catch a glimpse of these warlocks. :)

I have all of these molds. I'll try to remember to snap some profile pics tonight against the Warlock. Any other molds?

The Warlock was a mistake in a way. When they were developing it, they said it was going to be their understable putter and it would be called the Magic. Once they tested it, it was overstable and basically flew like a Wizard. They needed to go back to the drawing board but a lot of the St. Louis guys who had their hands of the testers really liked the beadless feel of the disc. So instead of just killing it they renamed it and released it.

After that, it seemed like Gateway really didn't know what to do with it. I was at an Ice Bowl right after the Voodoo came out and the Daviar was there with a bunch of discs to donate. He set out three clear HPP putters to silent auction; a Wizard, a Magic and a Voodoo. I asked him where the Warlock was, and he looked at me blankly for a minute before he said "Hmmm, I guess we forgot to run any of those."

I think in reality the Warlock has always been too close in flight to a Wizard. The only real reason to throw one over the other is the feel and release. Having said that, the Warlock is probably my favorite putter. It fits my release better than any putter I've ever tried. Some day I'll figure out why I don't putt with them. :|

around washington DC everyone throws 1080 radius and they all swear that gateway made them and then stopped making them. Soon the 1080 radius became the warlock made by gateway when the new tooling came out...

so i wonder if the locals are full of poop on their 1080 stories.

lots of people around here throw warlocks/1080s

Love this thread! I picked up a pair of beat M warlocks for the cheap. Feel just like good KC plastic should, stiff but very grippy. I mainly use SS for putting. They beat in beautifully.

around washington DC everyone throws 1080 radius and they all swear that gateway made them and then stopped making them. Soon the 1080 radius became the warlock made by gateway when the new tooling came out...

so i wonder if the locals are full of poop on their 1080 stories.

lots of people around here throw warlocks/1080s

I know that that Gateway made the Radius for 1080, one in driver plastic and one in putter plastic. If it's a Warlock IDK.

Latest posts