• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ape $h!t

dgdave

* Ace Member *
The new overstable boss.
innova_ape.jpg

I can't help but think that this is Innova's response to the PD2...

Its probably ape` like the vespa. But thats all we need, another high speed overstable driver

I don't think this is a response to the PD2. Dave D has tlked about this type of disc for at least a year now. I also doubt innova has to respond/compete with discmania.

My reasoning here, as bad as it may be, is that I thought Innova produces and Discmania's discs and that Innova also assists them in creating the mold. Thus they could make the long overstable mold and iron out the kinks through that mold, tweek it a bit and release their own. Probably bad logic though, but if I owned a DG company that had a sub company that is what I would do...

but at the end of the day, I'm tired of high speed drivers.

So what exactly is wrong with the Firebird, Monster, XCaliber, TeeRex-Xm or Max as an overstable driver to warrant the Ape? Gosh I hate Innova

JHBlader86 said:
So what exactly is wrong with the Firebird, Monster, XCaliber, TeeRex-Xm or Max as an overstable driver to warrant the Ape? Gosh I hate Innova

Evidently there is a lot of demand for a overstable driver that goes to 13. There's been a lot of talk about a disc like that on these boards recently too.

I played in a group behind Dave D a few weeks back and couldn't help but wonder if they had any proto stuff they might be thowing up there. Guess it might have been true.

Dave D- That dude can putt; wonder what kinda putter he uses?

Dookville said:
I played in a group behind Dave D a few weeks back and couldn't help but wonder if they had any proto stuff they might be thowing up there. Guess it might have been true.

Dave D- That dude can putt; wonder what kinda putter he uses?

in the innova tread on the pdga site, dunipace says he uses the dart.

This disc makes more sense to me than the Vulcan or Wahoo. Perhaps with the cash they are making off those two alleged beginner discs they'll be able to produce something more useful for Innova sponsored pros.

Always up for trying the latest driver. If I don't like it, it goes in the trunk.