• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ape $h!t

jubuttib said:
So Avery says that the PD2 is way more overstable than the Ape.

I don't think my PD2s are way more overstable than an Ape...My buddy was throwing the Ape with Climo yesterday and told me that he had to throw it anhyzer to get distance, and he's thrown my PD2s and he can throw those flat for D. Avery's probably got all the PD2 protos that were wicked overstable. If the Ape has a blunt nose then it is probably not any faster than the PD2 despite it's wider rim.

discspeed said:
Avery's probably got all the PD2 protos that were wicked overstable.
yeah im gathering that the protos and the newer run from DGV are totally different discs from how you guys all described the protos, the champs ive thrown are only a touch more stable than the P-lines

Here's what Dave D had to say about the Ape

The Ape is the Boss analog of the XCaliber. Same speed as the Boss. Same stability of the Xcaliber. My testing appears to show stability, but not much over stability. It seems to have a much longer straight flight than we thought it would. Kind of like a very long TeeBird.

I want to see a disc compared to less popular fairway drivers by Dave D.

"It throws like a longer Cheetah" or "It really reminds me of a Raven once it breaks in".

Ok, the teebird comparison worked. I'm officially interested in throwing an Ape.

a speed 13 Teebird? Count me as pretty skeptical.

but hey, I hope I'm wrong. I'd probably throw the crap out of it.