• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ape $h!t

I just got in two x out proto star champ apes from dgvs and they feel really nice. I am not sure why but it feels a lot better in my hand than a PD2 does. Are they the same size?

Trey133 said:
Beautiful shot. I love that hole ; )

65 from Renny Gold not too long ago w/ Henry Childres!

I'll bust out my Aviar and show you guys what's what on that hole.

rusch_bag said:
I just got in two x out proto star champ apes from dgvs and they feel really nice. I am not sure why but it feels a lot better in my hand than a PD2 does. Are they the same size?

The ape is a couple mm longer and has a lower profile than the PD2...I strongly prefer the grip of the PD2 personally. I haven't tested the Ape yet, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get a decent handle on it.

So....to recap the Ape does well into a headwind? I'm always looking for a disc that can hold its own in Kansas winds. A little too much disc for me for now but ill look forward to testing one out soon.

C-PD2's have a smaller rim for an easier grip and better rips and it is also more consistent in the wind than the Ape. I would probably throw a Force or an XCal into a headwind over an ape. For the few headwind shots I tossed it on, I don't think I could trust it not to turn in a heavy headwind.

my cpd2 shined in the gusty 25-30mph winds today . gusts reached 40+ and it never once turned over. i was on a card with a guy using an ape ironically and his just kept turning and burning or fading more than he wanted. the ape in the wind is hit or miss and i showed alot of peeps today the greatness of the cpd2. lots of people liked the feel of it because it felt very destroyer like and not obnoxiously wide. to me ,the force was kinda like the ape too as i had mine turn on me a few times more than i thought it would ever do. cpd2 for the win in any wind :)

Ape can be a good HW driver for lowerish powered players. BUT C-PD2 for the win for the entire power spectrum

I wasn't expecting a whole lot from the Ape, but honestly it's been surprisingly nice to throw. Mine definitely seems less stable than advertised, but it's still very reliable with it's speed and early fade. I actually like it being less stable than my PD2s while still having an overstable flightpath if I don't power it. It also doesn't flip much when it does flip. Right now it's getting a serious tryout against my PD2s. The Ape's flight might be more PDish than my PD2's flight with less overlap. I also prefer the Ape for FH as I'm finding it to be one of the most natural discs for my FH I've thrown in terms of wide rimmed drivers.

I speak the truth. Everyone wants to hate on the Ape and praise the PD2. My issue with the PD2 is that I don't like the production run as well as the proto/EO FRs. Most of the ones I've felt have molded up with really high shoulders...This makes them slower and less stable. The production PD2s that I tested that were overstablestable ended up all being 1-3 grams overweight. After throwing the Ape I also wonder if the PD2 has more glide than I want for this slot.

Overall both the PD2 and Ape are better than anything else in this category that existed before them. I think it's going to take a little time to make a decision. I hope to see some flatter/more overstable PD2s in the next run because I prefer my wind discs to be low profile.

discspeed said:
I speak the truth. Everyone wants to hate on the Ape and praise the PD2. My issue with the PD2 is that I don't like the production run as well as the proto/EO FRs. Most of the ones I've felt have molded up with really high shoulders...This makes them slower and less stable. The production PD2s that I tested that were overstablestable ended up all being 1-3 grams overweight. After throwing the Ape I also wonder if the PD2 has more glide than I want for this slot.

Overall both the PD2 and Ape are better than anything else in this category that existed before them.
I think it's going to take a little time to make a decision. I hope to see some flatter/more overstable PD2s in the next run because I prefer my wind discs to be low profile.

says the guy who has a vested interest in keeping the masses hooked on the latest, greatest new toys. :roll: :lol:

"hey guys! new discs rock. nothing like this has come before now...and you can get them at the store in my link!!!"

have you no shame? :evil:

Apothecary said:
discspeed said:

Overall both the PD2 and Ape are better than anything else in this category that existed before them.
I think it's going to take a little time to make a decision. I hope to see some flatter/more overstable PD2s in the next run because I prefer my wind discs to be low profile.

says the guy who has a vested interest in keeping the masses hooked on the latest, greatest new toys. :roll: :lol:

"hey guys! new discs rock. nothing like this has come before now...and you can get them at the store in my link!!!"

Aren't you too busy harassing Steve Dodge to worry about my posts? :lol: BTW, Keep throwing those Ions! They rock!! :wink:

Seriously though, I pretty much took an Ape to test so that I could make fun of the new stupid speed driver from Innova, but it seems they got at least a few things right with this one...Perhaps I'll decide that I can't stand it after some more testing, but it's definitely good enough to make me want to throw it some more.

i have a problem with salesmen masquerading as scientists, a group you pretty clearly fall into.

Apothecary said:
i have a problem with salesmen masquerading as scientists, a group you pretty clearly fall into.

What do you think of Morgan Spurlock?

discspeed said:
Apothecary said:

that guy is a tool.

you tipped your hand when, after months of "overstable mids are completely unnecessary" you changed your song to "the vector is the greatest mid EVAR and everyone should go buy one from clearwater and tell MVP that you heard about the vector from me so i can stay on the payroll."

Apothecary said:
discspeed said:
Apothecary said:

that guy is a tool.

you tipped your hand when, after months of "overstable mids are completely unnecessary" you changed your song to "the vector is the greatest mid EVAR and everyone should go buy one from clearwater and tell MVP that you heard about the vector from me so i can stay on the payroll."

Check your PMs(I've got to pay Apothecary off so his nuggets of truth don't derail my gravy train of wealth :lol: ).

discspeed said:
Apothecary said:
discspeed said:
Apothecary said:

that guy is a tool.

Check your PMs(I've got to pay Apothecary off so his nuggets of truth don't derail my gravy train of wealth :lol: ).

so you werent against throwing overstable mids until the vector, made by a company youre obviously in bed with, came out?

dont make me prerube your past posts on the subject.

What does it matter? People are always gonna ry things,discspeed just has a way of describing the disc and has a nack at giving great reviews.partly y he is apart of clearwater and mvp. Throw what u wanna throw. I still dnt like the ape.