• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Millennium dudes,

So I found this x-out QLS at PIAS today. Really light (158g), but it seems ancient. I was wondering if you guys thought if this one could be from that 03ish run. The ink on the back is extremely faded, and although the disc is clear it seems to also have 'browned' quite a bit. It's a zipper top and is pretty flexy/grippy. I have some of the older Millennium bar-stamped QJLSs, but they are all opaque and max weight. Just wondering what ya'll think.

qJLS.jpg

those texas omega ss wont last long

definitely mixed runs. avoid blacks if you dont want r-pro. thats as much as I can say without giving our customer service nightmares about what types of runs the texas omega's are

Joz said:
Millennium dudes,

So I found this x-out QLS at PIAS today. Really light (158g), but it seems ancient. I was wondering if you guys thought if this one could be from that 03ish run. The ink on the back is extremely faded, and although the disc is clear it seems to also have 'browned' quite a bit. It's a zipper top and is pretty flexy/grippy. I have some of the older Millennium bar-stamped QJLSs, but they are all opaque and max weight. Just wondering what ya'll think.

qJLS.jpg
Quite possible, but that is just a guess. I'd be interested in it if you would like to sell it as I have not found any that light.

So what's the deal with AP 1.11's? Are they going to keep making these in the same material, or is the next run (if there's a next run?) going to be r-pro?

Last I heard the plan is to keep using the driving pro plastic for the AP.

The Omega SS has definitely taken on the gritty feel that used to be present in some of the softer APs. If you combined a gritty AP with a super soft you would get the current runs 1.30 and 1.31. Hopefully they stick with that as most people seem to like the feel of the new Omega SS

What would be the point of the AP if it was made in a soft R-Pro plastic?

I use to have a nice 1.6 QJLS that was a very nice straight flyer that had some fade to it but I lost it unfortunately. So to replace it I picked up a 1.7 QJLS and it flew significantly understable compared to my other 1.6 QJLS. I was wondering which QJLS is the current run (1.9) like and did I just get a strange 1.6 QJLS that had some stability to it or is the 1.7 run of the QJLS just super flippy?

My 1.6 and 1.9 fly identicle. I have not seen any 1.7's. What weight 1.7 is it? I may want to take it off your hands. :D

It is 171g 8.5/10 with ink around the rim, I would trade it to you for another QJLS, any condition as long as it is 1.6 or 1.9 and it weighs above 168g.

Lemur said:
It is 171g 8.5/10 with ink around the rim, I would trade it to you for another QJLS, any condition as long as it is 1.6 or 1.9 and it weighs above 168g.
I throw lighter ones... Sorry. I like the 165's.

Just thought I'd say Omega AP's are pretty sweet. My new one (172g) has just the perfect amount of stability, was using it for the majority of my approach shots today; flex shots, hyzers, and a weird stall shot. M plastic feels great, although it's new it felt pretty grippy out in the sun. Was thinking about breaking out another for drives just to preserve the stability of the one I was using today. How flippy do these things get after getting taco'd? Was thinking of trying a BB aviar for drives, but I like the beadless feel of the ap.

The splotches are some dye that splashed on them a long time ago.. That also means I got a really good deal on them.

Flipflat said:
Just thought I'd say Omega AP's are pretty sweet. My new one (172g) has just the perfect amount of stability, was using it for the majority of my approach shots today; flex shots, hyzers, and a weird stall shot. M plastic feels great, although it's new it felt pretty grippy out in the sun. Was thinking about breaking out another for drives just to preserve the stability of the one I was using today. How flippy do these things get after getting taco'd? Was thinking of trying a BB aviar for drives, but I like the beadless feel of the ap.

Just a thought, you could try a Sirius Omega AP. The plastic is sweet, they have the same small bead mold, and they are super durable with a similar flight path. A Q-Mega would also be a thought. I couldn't tell you how they taco, don't use a current AP, still throw omega drivers.

Latest posts