• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

zj1002 said:
...check out the new SMS
I received the SMS and the plastic is nice and soft like the SJLS. It has a huge dome compared to the QMS. I have not been able to throw them yet. Let us know what you think.

I didn't get one. Selling some discs and I'll pick up sent, SMS, s/qmega in a couple weeks.

Good to know its soft

I just got a bunch of APs and BB. Putter junky I am

Steady I think what he wanted to know regarding the bottom was if it had a micro-bead.

The MS uses the stingray bottom/wing. The old stingray/ms bottom did not have a bead and was concave, like what you find on the QMS/SMS. However when they changed the stingray wing they added a micro bead and made the wing flatter. The last run of Aurora MS had this micro bead from the new stingray. So he was curious if the new SMS had the new bottom with the micro bead

And I think I'll get my Omega BB on friday/sat. I'll put them through the gauntlet and let you know what they do. I want to get some good feedback to Ned so that they can decide if they want to run them stock. I suggest contacting them to get some just so that we can give Millennium feedback on what we thought should be in a stable putter for the lineup. Like telling them if we think it is too soft/stable/etc.

Testing of the Zero-G Quasars and Zero-G Scorpius.

Quasars: 2X 133, 2X150
Scorpius: 2X 133, 2X155

Wind: Headwind, lite to moderate

Player: Am, I play every week in a league and compete occasionally. I am not a distance thrower and for me precision comes first. I play only Millennium discs and my bag is: Omega SS, old run AP, CE and gummy QMS, QPolaris and 1.19 Polaris, Orion LS, Astra and QAstra, SOLF and QOLF, CE EXP1.

IMHO.
Quasars. When thrown flat were all over the place, it was a challenge to control them. A slight change in wind and they went wild. But when I added just a slight anhyzer they went surprisingly long and with a great fade. It is a bit uncomfortable to hold them as they are very domey. They were great as thumbers though.

Scorpius. I dig this disc. Very controlled. When thrown flat 3 of the 4 landed withing 1 meter proximity to each other. A very nice predictable fade both on fore- and backhand. Can't wait to see it in S plastic. They were so easy to throw! Definitely added some 10 -15 meters on the average drive. When over driven, it was fun to see that at first they reacted like a LS disc and then straightened up and fade where you wanted. A plastic is somewhat softer the usual Q and feels nice in hand. Might not tolerate a very heavy wind though.

Field tested a new 180 1.2 SMS and a new 180 Gummy QMS. QMS was dead straight. I usually throw them in the 250 - 275' range. The SMS was more overstable. Went roughly the same D but always faded at the end. The SMS was pretty domey compared to the QMS. SMS had a lot more of that sharp flashing.

Tested the AP 1.12 and BB 2.1

My reviews are based on my power. So keep that in mind. I throw putters a lot and was throwing the AP in the 350ft range today.

First both seem to have the square Aviar nose. I expected that on the BB not the AP. The AP does feel deeper than usual. But fear not this is the best driving omega to date, more on it later.

The BB is in a very soft grippy plastic with the gritty texture of the 1.30-1.31 SS. iWeb thrown flat it is very straight, with little low speed fade but it's more than an SS. On an anhyzer it turn and fade forward, it will not hold a high speed flex shot as well as a KC/Yeti. I think part of this is the soft plastic torquing mid pull. On a hyzer the disc shows a straight flight with reliable late fade. I got great results with this disc as a flat/hyzer approach disc inside 200ft. This disc also lacks glide and is slower out of the hand. It's an approach or putt disc, not great for teebox shots.

Now for the AP 1.12. The plastic is agin driver pro. It's a softer blend, similar to the discmania p-md2. They are slick to start but once I dirtied it up it felt great. As I said earlier the AP seems to have a taller blunt nose, which is different from the more rounded SS nose. This could be the plastic making it taller, still try to decide. Either way it feels bigger on the hand, like a P2. The glide is insane, almost like a pro destroyer. The disc actually is very neutral in flight. It's a lot like the pure in my mind. Thrown flat it was going 350ft with about 20ft height. Pushes forward on anhyzers and fades gently. My AP 1.11 was my farthest putter but the 1.12 really out shines it. The plastic isn't as durable however, it's not glossy like the 1.11 are. I think it's the best driving omega ever run. Not sure if it's the deeper rim, giving me a better hit, or the glide from the plastic bit I dig it. I'm ordering more

Thanks for the review. Sounds like I'll keep my money in my wallet. Not the wind / driver putter I'm looking for. I throw my Q-Mega 325ish no problems, dead straight unless there is wind.
:(

Off to test the Scorpius and Quasar in ZG Plastic. BBL

Well Fritz I might add that I was throwing a 170g AP and 172g BB. So they are a bit easier to hit.

It took me a while to get into the omega, I wasn't throwing it much when I joined on but man I now believe it is the best driving putter ever made. I don't find myself using over stable putters at all. So what I am getting at, is I would rather have a durable BB Omega(like AP/KC?) rather than a BB Omega SS. This batch of SS plastic seems to ding up pretty good, more reason for me to only use it on approaches. The BB Omega is really great for flat approaches that need late left fade(RHBH), where the regular SS would just fade forward. But it doesn't show enough HSS for me to keep it over my APs which have superior glide.

I am probably going to be rocking this putter setup now: Omega AP/Driver(putter), Omega 1.30(approach), Omega AP 1.11(turn/flat drives), Omega AP 1.12(straight/fade drives).

Im going to really try to spend a lot of time with the Omega BB and give them some thoughtful insight. If the bead is supposed to add stability and give the disc a longer life(more disc to wear down), im not sure if the SS plastic will suit that. I would prefer just having a durbale kc type blend BB omega. Something that can take hits and slowly wear in. I don't want to go through a BB Omega every month because the plastic is too soft.

Fritz get the AP 1.12s if you got some spare money. They definitely have a bigger nose/shoulder and drive great. Stable at low speeds, but straight w/ nice glide at high speeds.

That's what turned me off to what you reviewed, the softness. I don't like soft putters for driving. I use my CE Omega and QMega for driving and LOVE it. Omega is the best putter ever imo. Problem is, headwind with putter distance where the Q-Sent is too much, the Q-Mega doesn't do headwind well.
I used to use the AP, but when I lost a couple it was hard to find replacements. So I stopped using them and sold em off. Now that it's back...I might have to get some.

On the the review of the Scorpius and ZG Quasar.

Scorpius (ZG Plastic, 137, 144, 156) - LOVE IT! This disc is sick. Boss like distance, destroyer like feel and amazing control. Does will in head wind, and tail wind. I noticed in the tail wind it was a little bit more slow speed stable. This disc is definitely going in the bag. The casualty may be the Astra, I think it is going to be removed. I was using the Astra to get long gliding helix shots for distance. I don't need to do that with the Scorpius and it goes farther than the Astra. Unless it passes my roller test, I've been looking for a new roller disc, it's gonzo.

Quasar (ZG Plastic, 136, 137, 139) - Disappointed, but not giving up yet. This disc was INSANE flippy, almost lost a disc on the first throw (my fault for throwing it on a long precision hole, but testing it in real situation is better than a field IMO). I need to figure out how to control this disc and make it do my bidding.
It was all over the place. However, when put on extreme hyzer line, ridiculous distance. This disc LOVES tailwinds. With the tailwind, I was getting 600' with almost no effort, but I had to release on a major hyzer and it was a beautiful helix flight. Forget about throwing this one into a head wind. It flipped over faster than a cheerleader on prom night, no matter the angle I put it on.
In short, throwing this flat, it flips, hyzer it's far, but need to find the right amount of hyzer to fully decide if it goes in the bag. Honestly it acts nothing like the Q-Quasar.

Do you think the low weight(130s) made the Quasars flippy? I need to go throw a high 150g, I haven't taken one out to the driving range yet.

I definitely think the Scorpius is a keeper. Sadly I've lost both mine. One found the roof next to disc nation after it went too far. The problem with discs I really like is I start throwing them on crazy stupid lines because I want to see what it can hold

And Fritz, if you want something decently stable that fits well with the Sent/QMS/Qmega, I would suggest trying a S-line Gremlin if you havent yet.

Its a great mid-range compliment to what we already have and it can be ranged down to putter distance because of the low glide

I'm not sure that the ZG Scorpius with the harder fade than the Boss is so great for me but ZG Quasar sounds usable for max D duty if power is matched with proper disc weight. Just how flippy are the 130s and has anyone thrown 140s and 150s? Which discs flip as much as the 130s ZG Quasars? How is the D vs 130s Bliz Bosses?

JR said:
I'm not sure that the ZG Scorpius with the harder fade than the Boss is so great for me but ZG Quasar sounds usable for max D duty if power is matched with proper disc weight. Just how flippy are the 130s and has anyone thrown 140s and 150s? Which discs flip as much as the 130s ZG Quasars? How is the D vs 130s Bliz Bosses?

Wicked flippy. DX Stingray flippy lol. I had to put it on a 80* hzyer line and it flipped up straight and the faded. I haven't had a chance to throw anything in the 140 - 150 range of the zg quasar.
I am super impressed with the Scorpius.
ZG Quasar crushes the blizzard boss in my opinion, once you figure out how to control it.

zj1002 said:
And Fritz, if you want something decently stable that fits well with the Sent/QMS/Qmega, I would suggest trying a S-line Gremlin if you havent yet.

Its a great mid-range compliment to what we already have and it can be ranged down to putter distance because of the low glide

I will look into that. Some times the q-sent is just too much disc, and the QMega just can't handle that wind. Something the size of a gator would be great.

You guys have too much power. :lol: My 145 ZG Quasar is my longest disc. I had my first 400' throw ever over the weekend with it. I also throw a 155 and it will take a bit of headwind, for me... I use a 155 ZG Scorpius as my sidearm disc. 325' was fairly easy for me. I am very happy with them!