• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

how is a meteor any different than theory really?

Atom has decent LSS and HSS when new. Both work out with use. Not like a magnet/magic/sole etc though where they just glide straight.

Meteors are a bit faster and a lot more US. Well, the good ESP ones anyway. Not the Zs that might as well be Buzzz SSs.

Honestly, I hate Ions.

giphy.gif

I must say I like the Atom so far. I have done some backyard putting with it for a few minutes after work the last two days. I have to report that it wont be replacing the Mercy as my putting putter.

Even in the Soft version it is only really soft and grippy in the flight plate and the overmold does keep a more firm feel when thrown with a power grip.

I did find that when I throw it for an approaching/short mid shot duty it goes pretty far with out a lot of effort and sits pretty well.

For my ability it is pretty stable/straight when I release it with a slight anhyzer, it goes to flat and flies straight with almost no fade. I only have room at home to get it out 175'-200' or so.

This is what I expected a Pure to be for me but, I just never jived with that disc.

I plan on taking it to the course over the weekend to use it on some approach shots and maybe on longer runs to the basket.

I'm already sold on the Atom as my putting putter, but was nicely surprised at how it handles anhyzer tee shots. I was trying some anny lines with it that I have never tried before and parked a couple of holes with it. It also glides really well and flies surprisingly far.

Really great disc. Neutral and glidey for me. Holds anny lines and fights out just enough to glide and land flat. Ripped on I get stability at high speed and a gentle late turn. Held slower Hyzer approach lines. And the firm plastic has such great grip. Love the low profile and flat top. Really a thing of beauty. Expect it to make a great Understable floaty approach and long putt disc. For me anyway.

Can't wait for the stiffer beaded version as a stable/over stable P&A disc. Like a base Envy or flatter Ion.
AND
This thing glides out so nicely that I'm dying for MVP to make a base plastic over molded Polecat clone.

Really nice plastic, but still a little soft for me.

Really nice plastic, but still a little soft for me.

I would almost like to see two more versions. One a little softer than soft and one that is pretty firm. I'm liking the regular a little better than the soft I think.

I only had time to take some putts from 20' and in, but I'm surprised at how fast these are. Where I'm dialed in with Wizards and am hitting the lower half/middle of the pole, the Atoms were bouncing off the chain support with the same putt.

After doing some circle putting with these, i'm finding this to be a solid observation. Compared to the Anodes I've been putting for a while, soft P at least, there's noticalbly less drop in the circle with the Atom.

Once I got somewhat dialed in with the Atoms, I was barely sneaking over, or hitting, the cage with my Anodes.

All winter I've been trying to ace a tight 300' downhill 18th hole at Pier Park with a lid. In six tries yesterday with brand new Atoms I parked 3 within a couple feet. The Atom is going to be the disc to do it. Such predictable and manageable straight glide. Thrown slow and flat it glided straight with just a hint of very late turn. First two throws sailed by the basket by easily 50 feet. Had to really dial back on it. This putter really goes.

I've been daydreaming about that glide all morning...

I haven't even had a chance yet to try longer putts with it, yet alone throw it, but I'm starting to salivate, hearing ^ this. Especially if it turns out that they'll beat in to solidly US...?

Though, I've fallen pretty hard for the Proxy, keep hitting metal with them with standstills from the 200 range.

I would almost like to see two more versions. One a little softer than soft and one that is pretty firm. I'm liking the regular a little better than the soft I think.

interesting

I don't know if a softer version would be needed but that's just me.