• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Atom

Got my N Atoms and played a couple rounds yesterday with a 175g. Pretty much flies the same lines as my kinda beat N Envys. Maybe a gnat's eyelash less stable.

Love the feel, firm Neutron that should beat in like my Envys over time. Gonna bag it just for mold minimizing for a bit. Guess I'll boot the Envy(inconceivable), but I reserve the right to return it at a moment's notice.

I was the same way, a heavy (especially Fresh) Proton Atom isn't THAT much different from a Neutron Envy (of same weight). Sometimes I'll carry an Envy, but most times I'll carry the P-Atom - the N-Atom is more of a difference, but not a lot. I'm carrying a E-Atom, N-Atom, and P-Atom, and they are all different in stability by the hair of my chinny chin chin. It's a VERY small difference but there IS a difference, basically headwind I'd use P-Atom or needing more fade, Direct line i'll use Neutron, and Long Putts or slight turn E-atom. It's such a great disc I cannot justify taking it out, but if I do its for Proxy's and Envy's. variety keeps it interesting. Plus different conditions/courses favor the others (maybe idk haha)

I'm still on the Never ending search for 'the perfect putter' I honestly just want to make/design it myself. I have all the ideas, the shapes, the dimensions....so...who wants to make a disc? :D

Start a new "DGCR disc" thread. :)

Yes, I keep trying putters, as well. And all of them except the Wizard are great. :popcorn: Just kidding; the Wizard is fine, too. ;)

But the Classic Marshal is increasingly turning out to be "the one" for me. Just wish the online dealers would stock up with more...

Start a new "DGCR disc" thread. :)

Yes, I keep trying putters, as well. And all of them except the Wizard are great. :popcorn: Just kidding; the Wizard is fine, too. ;)

But the Classic Marshal is increasingly turning out to be "the one" for me. Just wish the online dealers would stock up with more...

I was honestly looking into the Marshal - let me know what you think of it and why you're liking it. I recently picked up a Myth as well, really comfy profile, feels 'right' but I do not love Innova putter plastic, I prefer Trilogy putters actually hence wanting to check out MArshal

I was honestly looking into the Marshal - let me know what you think of it and why you're liking it. I recently picked up a Myth as well, really comfy profile, feels 'right' but I do not love Innova putter plastic, I prefer Trilogy putters actually hence wanting to check out MArshal

Short story long: I first used the Judge, then took it and the Warden out and threw them both on every putt, long and short, for a while until I determined the Warden was doing better for me. But I never quite got fully comfortable and confident with the Warden.

Then the Marshal came out, with a smaller bead than the Judge (the Warden has no bead), and I liked the feel and putting flight of the Marshal more than the Warden... but the Marshal was out only in Classic Blend and maybe Prime.

Meanwhile, I worked to change to more of a pure spin putt, and I changed my grip such that the bead is more welcome than it used to be. I re-tried the Judge (and don't tell anyone, but I re-tried the Wizard, too). But neither worked out, while my Classic Blend Marshal with its micro-bead worked even better for me.

So, I waited for the Marshal to come out in my favorite plastic, Classic (hard), and once it did, I began converting to it. It feels "just right" in my grip, flies well (not TOO straight, just a tad of stable-ness), and I feel confident with it.

I also like the Prodigy Pa3 and the K3 Reko, but the Marshal is working best for me, and is the putter I'd use if playing in a tournament or league for green dollar bills.

TL;DR: Marshal feels the best in my hand and performs best with my putting stroke.

Last edited:
I like to have two putters both 166g the weight is CRUCIAL and depending on how I'm putting I will interchange. I'm not married to the Envy but it feels great in the hand I need to get some light Neutrons I think maybe an electron... the Atom feels weirdly similar I tried a blind guess down the side Van pouch looking for the Atom among two Envy's and I guessed wrong. Atom feels great!

Got my N Atoms and played a couple rounds yesterday with a 175g. Pretty much flies the same lines as my kinda beat N Envys. Maybe a gnat's eyelash less stable.

Love the feel, firm Neutron that should beat in like my Envys over time. Gonna bag it just for mold minimizing for a bit. Guess I'll boot the Envy(inconceivable), but I reserve the right to return it at a moment's notice.

Took both my new N Atom and a N Envy out for some field practice this evening in steady 15-20 mph winds. Envy is definitely a little more wind resistant, Atom wanted to turn without serious hyzer into a headwind.

I might bag both and dump the firm E Atom I've been bagging for turnover putter shots. Plenty of wind here in Oklahoma and I like the Envy for headwind putts as well. N Atom held an anny flick pretty well and I prefer premium plastic for a driving/upshot putter.

Yeah, I convinced myself....medium E Atom for putting, N Atom for S/US, N Envy for S/OS and a couple of Zones. Guess I've become a putter whore.

Still haven't tried gyro in anything but putters.

I was sure I wanted the Atom in Proton plastic until I took my Westside Swan 1 Reborn BT Soft out today and putted incredibly well with it...and the floppy plastic actually felt really good in the hand (especially compared to the Lucid Judge and the DX Aviar I was comparing it with).

For those familiar with BT Soft plastic, does Electron Soft or Electron come anywhere close to the feel?

Thanks!

TripleB

The flight plate of E Soft is close but the rims are a touch firmer.

Swan 2s and Atoms are my two favorite putters. I'm using Swan 2s right now but putt just as well with the Atom.

It's a hard call to make.

The flight plate of E Soft is close but the rims are a touch firmer.

Swan 2s and Atoms are my two favorite putters. I'm using Swan 2s right now but putt just as well with the Atom.

It's a hard call to make.

Awesome! I hated the Swan 1 Reborn when I first got it because it seemed so floppy compared to my DX Aviar. But today it seemed to head straight to the center of the target every time and if it touched the chains it stuck like flypaper.

The specs on the Atoms and the Swan (1 Reborn) are almost identical....do they feel almost identical? I noticed today that what bothers me with some putters is when the angle on the rim goes too far back. The Swan 1 Reborn seems about perfect! Others like the Aviar Classic and Deputy have their rims too slanted which makes the putter feel insecure in my hand....I putt with my index finger on the rim and if the rim is too steep it feels like my finger is going to fall off the rim as I follow through with my putt.

Thanks for the input!

TripleB

The Atom is flatter than the Swans I have handled. The Atom feels more like a blunter Pure, in my opinion.
The Pure, Atom, Envy and Particle all feel somewhat alike, even with the height differences that they have.

The Atom is flatter than the Swans I have handled. The Atom feels more like a blunter Pure, in my opinion.
The Pure, Atom, Envy and Particle all feel somewhat alike, even with the height differences that they have.

Definitely didn't want to hear that!

Love my Opto Pure for approaches. It will probably never leave my bag....between it and the Mirage I feel like I've got every approach shot covered.

But can't stand putting with it. Feels so thin that the grip feels strange, making me get the nose up at times. When I'm on with it I'm red hot but when I'm off it's ugly!!

Maybe I'll look to the Anode for a little thicker feel. Or maybe I'll look at another Swan 1 Reborn...those Bursts are beauties!

TripleB

Love my Opto Pure for approaches. It will probably never leave my bag....between it and the Mirage I feel like I've got every approach shot covered.

But can't stand putting with it. Feels so thin that the grip feels strange, making me get the nose up at times. When I'm on with it I'm red hot but when I'm off it's ugly!!

Maybe I'll look to the Anode for a little thicker feel. Or maybe I'll look at another Swan 1 Reborn...those Bursts are beauties!

TripleB

The Atom is a cut down Envy. Envy is the correct answer.
The Anode has a rounded inner lip, so you had better have big hands if you push putt.

I carried a Pure-Envy combo until the Atom came out, Now its Atom-Envy.
The Atom for anny putts(spin), the Envy for push putts.

TripleB

Still thrashing around with this? How about just an update when when the baby is born?

TripleB

I like the Opto Pure for approaches, though I like the Lucid Judge and Lucid Marshal even more (bagging the Lucid Marshal now). I also like the Zero Hard Pure for putting, but the Classic Marshal works a bit better for me, and so I committed to using the Classic Marshal as my putting putter.

But I started this post to say that I have an Electron Atom, which I thought would be my putting putter with an all-MVP/Axiom bag. I like the Electron plastic, but for whatever reason, the Atom wasn't doing well for me as a putting putter. Now I use my Neutron Proxy to putt with, and it has done well for me.

You should use the Atom it's a MAN's Proxy...

Well kinda... what I mean is I'm really enjoying the extra stability for those green light doubles putts and light wind. It's like proxy straight, on roids, but definitely the Neutron and powered up. Me and my soft Atom don't click. I like the neutrons extra hss.

Atom or Proxy

Looking to try a few new molds after losing my 2 Tangents this season. I have a 169g Envy, but it feel a little light for me. I do like it for upshots.

I was looking at picking up an Atom and/or a Proxy to try out. So I wanted to see if anyone could tell me what the difference is between the 2 or are they too similar to bag both?

Latest posts