• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Crave, FAIRWAY DRIVER?!

I'm trying to get there. I just think may wind up being a disc that's not going to work for me in this role.

I can already work woods lines like this with an Axis to like 300'. I always get into this thing with the Crave, where I feel like I have to power it down on tight line shots (to avoid the over-drift,) which makes it barely longer than that, and with more fade.

For me on full rips, it's not quite the same late turn you're describing. It leans into a turn earlier, and holds it for like 3/4 of the flight then lands flat, (or maybe that late-late gyro fade/dump which I love,) which is enough to cause problems on the narrow fairways.

Plus, the more I throw the Relay, I'm finding that it can do a lot of the same things, but at a more predictable (for my power-up vs. power-down) speed variance.

I don't mean to hate on the Crave. I think it's an awesome disc that I've been trying to force on myself for like 2 years, it's just flukey to my game that it doesn't seem to want to do me right. (But I haven't given up yet. I'm making myself throw it all the time on "player B" shots now where I'd ordinarily doubt it.)

The Relay was the disc that came to mind as I was reading the first part of your post. Glad that you're already there! It has a lot less HSS for me than the Crave, but it's still super controllable on higher power throws and still manages to be very useful on lower power throws.

Yeah but the issues have always been there with MVPs. Considering how many more discs are being made i am sure they are learning as they grow. I think the molding facility makes auto and medical parts which can have .001 flashing parameters to hit with parts etc.

I still give MVP an edge on consistency across many of their blends/models. More volume just means more freaks by default id assume. The plastic molding biz has to be never ending when it comes to doing DD and improving.

It is the biggest problem in disc golf currently with respect to a "premium" plastic name. All makers should realllllllly care that their discs fly "true". I feel like MVP takes a lot of feedback from players and uses it to make sure that their end customers are happy.

But it it really mattered innova would have never made it as big as they have. Lulz :popcorn:

Yeah but the issues have always been there with MVPs. Considering how many more discs are being made i am sure they are learning as they grow. I think the molding facility makes auto and medical parts which can have .001 flashing parameters to hit with parts etc.

I still give MVP an edge on consistency across many of their blends/models. More volume just means more freaks by default id assume. The plastic molding biz has to be never ending when it comes to doing DD and improving.

It is the biggest problem in disc golf currently with respect to a "premium" plastic name. All makers should realllllllly care that their discs fly "true". I feel like MVP takes a lot of feedback from players and uses it to make sure that their end customers are happy.

But it it really mattered innova would have never made it as big as they have. Lulz :popcorn:

For every disc run that one person doesn't like, there's someone who grows to trust that run more than any other. If you mold them, they will throw. There's a reason that the rule "if you like a disc, buy as many from that run as you can afford" exists.

I know I wish I'd bought more firm Neutron Servos and Proxies just like I wish I'd bought more FR PDs and Glo Z Zones.

Overall your right Aim. That one disc just really pissed me off. I actually found a pink/pink perfect weight Wrath and it wasn't a wrath. I kept it around a lot longer than I should have just for that reason. The funny thing is I tried to purposely throw it over a fence into the jungle and it nicked a branch and came up short. I said screw it i'm leaving it there, lol. One of the other guys went over and picked it up and said "I'll give it to my wife"...

The Relay was the disc that came to mind as I was reading the first part of your post. Glad that you're already there! It has a lot less HSS for me than the Crave, but it's still super controllable on higher power throws and still manages to be very useful on lower power throws.

Yeah, it's definitely more US for me too. It's just that, based on my powered-down vs. full power, I feel more comfortable in knowing how it's going to behave. It just serves that woods driver purpose well for me, so far (I'm still kind of new to it.)

The Crave just exposes an inconsistency I have on full power throws to get the same disc speed every time. As opposed to OAT or just release angle errors, which I've cut way down, but still have some as well. It's more just a timing hitch. Some discs don't have that thing where the HS turn is activated right around that speed hitch, but some do, and the Crave is one of them.

Add in any hyzer/anny slip up and that damn crave is going to hold the whole way. Relay is a little more user friendly lol.

Crave = line holder...much less lateral movement than Switch and Servo...and Relay too for that matter. What's not to like?

Crave = line holder...much less lateral movement than Switch and Servo...and Relay too for that matter. What's not to like?

I already explained why I don't like it. For me, it's inconsistent. Not from one Crave to another, but from one shot to another.

Although the 3 I've owned have been somewhat different fliers, too.

Last edited:
This is one of those times that its appropriate to bring up the fact that everyone's style is different, release is different, grip pressure...etc...

he never listened b4 and wont start now! Lol (jk snappy and i are hommies... I might even let him see my GYRO in action for real but not sure h le could handle it)

tumblr_mx2dipRtin1qedb29o2_r1_500.gif

Last edited:
*cough* Nolan *cough*

Nolan is a true GYRO Gangster. Dude had to go and make a family and ****! Can still chuck a black rim fine just dont hear him taking **** here lol.

If some of you only knew... Super nice guy! Just like Stardoggy and few others. I think peeps have it twisted when it comes to real peeps. Hell im sure many hate me for no real reason. Its frolf for damn sake.

he never listened b4 and wont start now! Lol (jk snappy and i are hommies... I might even let him see my GYRO in action for real but not sure h le could handle it)

tumblr_mx2dipRtin1qedb29o2_r1_500.gif

lol, listened to what? I've been throwing MVP since early 2011, professor. When you get a little wacky and call the godawful Impulse a kickass driver, I may call you on it.

Nolan is a true GYRO Gangster. Dude had to go and make a family and ****! Can still chuck a black rim fine just dont hear him taking **** here lol.

If some of you only knew... Super nice guy! Just like Stardoggy and few others. I think peeps have it twisted when it comes to real peeps. Hell im sure many hate me for no real reason. Its frolf for damn sake.

Yea I was just busting yours and snaps balls...:p