• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I think this is the good thing about having multiple testers on the forums. It might be confusing at first, bit eventually it shakes out to where you have flight impressions from a range of power levels, from baby-armed to bionic.

Agreed. I just wish some of the baby arms would post videos as well. I want to know how clean their form is.

Agreed. I just wish some of the baby arms would post videos as well. I want to know how clean their form is.

If I can get ahold of the new molds, I'll record my throws. I'm nowhere near the cannon arm of Mike C, maybe a little above noodle (what qualifies as noodle, anyways??) But I am someone who easily OAT's the Ion and Axis when driving if I'm not super careful. So, I'm really curious to see how the Envy/Alias work for me.

Overall, I feel like the MVP discs help me keep good/better form overall in my throws since that's how I've gotten lines that match up with the inflight characteristics. I think some other manufacturers are more forgiving of form issues. But, I've sticked with the MVP stuff since there's just something about them that has been more rewarding to me in terms of actually throwing.

Arguably not very if we're not throwing that far. It especially takes me a while to get a new mold to fly as intended.

I know BigSky and I both have kids, so I think that is an impediment to doing a video. It's one thing to be able to do a writeup here while the little one runs around, but it's another thing to be able to film, edit, post, etc.

Plus, MikeC just makes us look bad. :p

Looks just like a prodigy pa1 or pa2... Look at the profile of the disc! It's crazy how similar it looks from the video. Did they copy the mold??? Seems like it flies just like the pa2 from the videos too!

And if you throw prodigy they have the low profile and square inside... BUMMER if they stole the mold... Any thoughts on this?

The disc is much more compact in the hand than the PA1 (Which is resembles more closesly than the PA2). The flight is also a bit more overstable, but not much. They have similar shapes but the overall feel is quite different.

I do have a PA series video on my youtube you can look up to compare with the Envy vid if you want.

:(

officially underwhelmed by these 2 new discs. I don't need another ION or Axis. I don't get why not fill actual holes in the MVP lineup. Envy is not that OS from the video/reviews but sure more than an ION so we still need a truly Zone OS like putter and actually US mid/fairway/putter.

The Envy and the Ion / Anode feel very different, (currently) look different, and fly very differently. The Alias and Axis are close, sure, but the Envy is a very different style of disc compared to the Ion. There isn't any overlap between them for me and I have no second thoughts about carrying both of them.

The Envy and the Ion / Anode feel very different, (currently) look different, and fly very differently. The Alias and Axis are close, sure, but the Envy is a very different style of disc compared to the Ion. There isn't any overlap between them for me and I have no second thoughts about carrying both of them.

I prefer the shape of the Envy for putting so far. It locks in really straight and the fade is reliable. Not a great long putter, but very accurate within 30

Yep. That's the one part of his post where we may differ. My form is actually pretty clean. Well, BH. FH is wobbly at times.

That's why I want video. I built my BH properly from scratch. I don't have a ton of distance, but I know discs are leaving my hand clean. It would really help seeing what a disc would do for my arm from someone who throws cleanly.

I understand, with the big arms posting videos, that most noodle arms don't want to post theirs though. I know I don't even though I've bought and tested way too many discs.

I prefer the shape of the Envy for putting so far. It locks in really straight and the fade is reliable. Not a great long putter, but very accurate within 30

I'm hoping MVP releases them in soft because I really like how they feel as a putter. I'd consider putting with a soft Envy. I didn't expect to care for it when it came to putts, just drives and ups. Was surprised.

The Envy and the Ion fly very differently. the Envy is a very different style of disc compared to the Ion. There isn't any overlap between them for me and I have no second thoughts about carrying both of them.

I guess from watching your video I'd like to hear more on the specifics of the above regarding flight. What does it provide over the ION which you need to fill and doesn't over-lap? One advantage I can imagine is holding up to a stiff headwind better in regards to driving and a more aerodynamic profile being forgiving to release issues but if im going to put another putter in the bag, at this point something even a little MORE OS than the envy would be perfect-- such as a zone.

The feel I can understand (and something about the ION I like) but as far as flight goes I don't see the discs being capable of drastically different things. Would you consider it tensor-ish?

You can be a noodle arm and have clean form.

I agree with you on this, and I generally think my form is fairly clean. Not as clean as it could be. It's more a consistency issue. I do get the general intended flight path out of most discs, though.

And yes, I will be the first to also admit that posting a video can be a little intimidating.

Aim - I did feel like it had some shorter Tensor tendencies to it, but I have yet to throw in the wind.

Last edited:
I'm hoping MVP releases them in soft because I really like how they feel as a putter. I'd consider putting with a soft Envy. I didn't expect to care for it when it came to putts, just drives and ups. Was surprised.

Yeah that has been the best thing about the disc for me. I could tell the shape was great for driving and the first few throws were very reliable. Once I started putting with it I started getting all giddy fanboy on it

I guess from watching your video I'd like to hear more on the specifics of the above regarding flight. What does it provide over the ION which you need to fill and doesn't over-lap? One advantage I can imagine is holding up to a stiff headwind better in regards to driving and a more aerodynamic profile being forgiving to release issues but if im going to put another putter in the bag, at this point something even a little MORE OS than the envy would be perfect-- such as a zone.

The feel I can understand (and something about the ION I like) but as far as flight goes I don't see the discs being capable of drastically different things. Would you consider it tensor-ish?

I felt like the video showed what I am talking about pretty well on my test hole. I throw the Envy like a driver and it goes straight then fades. I throw the Ion like a driver and it turns over and doesn't try to come back.

The Envy is not a Zone killer and it doesn't try to be. It's a disc that will be super accurate in a stiff headwind that makes hitting a hyzer line with a neutral putter difficult to do without perfect mechanics. It will be easier to flick <200' than a neutral putter but will respond to touch better than a Zone and skip less for more accurate placement. Discs like the Envy, Ion and Zone all have their place. I currently carry an Ion, Envy and Credo, and they serve different purposes. Zones and Credos are different animals than Envy's and Rhynos, which are different animals than Ions and Aviars.

Personally I've wanted a disc like this from MVP for a long time. I thought they might put out something more overstable like what you want, and that's what I've been wanting for a while too, so I know where you're coming from. But after throwing the Envy for just 1 day I'm not only sold on bagging it, but I think its going to become one of the more important discs in my bag.

Sometimes, even when a disc isn't what you expect, you just have to try it and see how it works for you. Either way, I don't think anyone who throws one is going to mistake the flight for an Ion's.

Latest posts