• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Personally I've wanted a disc like this from MVP for a long time. I thought they might put out something more overstable like what you want, and that's what I've been wanting for a while too, so I know where you're coming from. But after throwing the Envy for just 1 day I'm not only sold on bagging it, but I think its going to become one of the more important discs in my bag.

I'm really into it. I missed having a Rhyno in my bag (I guess I lost my CE on the property) but this thing is like that but a bit longer I think. I'm bagging the Envy but gonna send the Alias on to Jakemaster to test cause he is a big tangent guy and I am pretty comfortable with the Axis.

I'm still torn on the Alias / Axis. I'm going to play 18 holes with two of each mold and tee off four times every hole, something like that. I love my Axis, its my favorite mid by far, but I dig the feel of the Alias' rim and the flight is promising. Could see myself going either way.

I'm still torn on the Alias / Axis. I'm going to play 18 holes with two of each mold and tee off four times every hole, something like that. I love my Axis, its my favorite mid by far, but I dig the feel of the Alias' rim and the flight is promising. Could see myself going either way.

If i cant decide on two discs, I usually throw both in the bag for a week or two and toss both off the tee, after a while you will naturally start grabbing the disc that you get the best results with.. at least this method works for me. I did this with my super stable FR Proton Volt vs Neutron Shock.. The shock won :)

Last edited:
I like my axis too much to even try the alias. I have a few that are perfectly cycled right now but the envy could be my new driving\overstable upshot disc. Since i putt with the anode and do other more neutral/understable upshots with them, the envy could take the ions outta my bag except of the textured runs that i jump putt with.

The HSS on the envy looks promising. At my distance I highly doubt I will ever see any turn. I will probably have to pick this up to try right now I am questioning whether I should have something like this or a zone. I love my anode for driving straight and approaching but I hate the feel of it FH. I pretty much carry an ESP zone for Short FH shots. Also the occasional short spike hyzer but it usually ends up short of where I mean it to go. Maybe an envy would be a better choice for this role.

The HSS on the envy looks promising. At my distance I highly doubt I will ever see any turn. I will probably have to pick this up to try right now I am questioning whether I should have something like this or a zone. I love my anode for driving straight and approaching but I hate the feel of it FH. I pretty much carry an ESP zone for Short FH shots. Also the occasional short spike hyzer but it usually ends up short of where I mean it to go. Maybe an envy would be a better choice for this role.

Envy won't replicate a zone though you could make it work but for a tourney bag I would carry Annode, Envy, and Zone in your place.

The zone thing just depends on how you like to throw. If you throw a certain way an envy can cover everything, if you throw a different way you might need the zone.

Envy and Zone aren't even worth comparing. The Zone is much more overstable.

that soft N envy, fire swirl overmold is pretty sexy.

Damn sexy, indeed. These discs are just stunning, plain and simple. I bet that white bead and flight plate has a killer rainbow stamp on it too. Talk about making a killer first impression. Damn guys... just.... damn....

1556209_415612378569880_1499462069_o.png

Just saw that it's a prototype Proton Soft core. That is drop dead gorgeous.

Just saw that it's a prototype Proton Soft core. That is drop dead gorgeous.

The text from the post says:

"This Envy is on fire! Like, Comment, and Share for a chance to win this disc. Tell us what you look forward to most from Axiom Discs. This is an extremely rare overmold swirl with a prototype Neutron Soft core. Get ready for an explosive 2014!"

Pretty sure they just got a customer for life in me :D. That's just badass, plain and simple.

Face palm...

Yea, I meant Neutron Soft. I was too excited to type the right words. :D

Face palm...

Yea, I meant Neutron Soft. I was too excited to type the right words. :D

Totally understandable. I think I read the FB post about 4 times 'cause I couldn't believe what I was seeing... lol. That overmold looks like molten lava.

Latest posts