• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

You the incredible Hulk or something? You must have hands like a vice if you aredeforming neutron

If you read my post... in summer when it gets hot its a lot softer, so it would be nice to have a stiff neutron version.

I prefer stiff putters that have less flex.

Its not "deforming", i can just feel flex in the plastic and i don't like it for reasons of consistency in my putting.

Lot of top Pro's (McBeth and Feldberg) like very stiff putters, i share the same sentiment and understand why they throw stiff putters.

putting with floppy pancakes isn't my thing, sorry if that goes against anyone elses opinion :/

Medium Neutron gets the job done most the time, but on a hot summer day it softens up a lot for me and i wish i had something that held its shape better on the longer putts

I am well aware you prefer stiff putters. Many a thread has been derailed discussing that preference. But in the above quote you are either grossly exaggerating or you apply huge amounts of pressure to your putters. I have a neutron anode and it gets well into the triple digits here in the summer. But I have never seen it lose shape are be even remotely floppy.

Now, my soft anodes, I could see how one could argue they get floppy in the heat, but not neutron or regular proton.

And you can throw as stiff a putter as you want. I ddon't care. Just pointing out that I have never seen neutron lose its shape

Last edited:
/\ Agreed. On average, Neutron is probably one of the stiffest blends on the market, imo. If the heat is that bad, it's going to be even more prevalent on a base line disc.

I am well aware you prefer stiff putters. Many a thread has been derailed discussing that preference. But in the above quote you are either grossly exaggerating or you apply huge amounts of pressure to your putters. I have a neutron anode and it gets well into the triple digits here in the summer. But I have never seen it lose shape are be even remotely floppy.

Now, my soft anodes, I could see how one could argue they get floppy in the heat, but not neutron or regular proton.

And you can throw as stiff a putter as you want. I ddon't care. Just pointing out that I have never seen neutron lose its shape

I hate when there's flex in my putter's flightplate. I call them limp d's. I can completely understand in4d's situation.

F me but I agree wth in4d. I like stiff putters. I'm not really someone who thinks a choice in putter makes much a difference on hitting putts or not. It's just if you like the feel or not really IMO. My putting putter is the least thought in my bag. I just find one I like and stick with it and vow to never ever throw it on upshots over 100'. Then I might lose it and be mad :mad:

No disrespect intended, but I prefer softer putters. They just work for me and I feel confident with them. Why does everyone bash in4d anyway?

No disrespect intended, but I prefer softer putters. They just work for me and I feel confident with them. Why does everyone bash in4d anyway?

I'm not answering the second part but as to your first sentence... Why would anyone be disrespected about plastic choice. Preference is preference and shouldn't mean much to anyone else. One likes soft, another likes hard, we all like to see them fly.

Why does everyone bash in4d anyway?

Because i LOVE MVP's products a lot and am not afraid to show it (some call it a 'fanboy'), I make claims that i don't bother to back up, I'm strongly opinionated, easily offend people by being critical and blunt, and i make myself an easy target most of the time. ;)

I have a hater following on the internet, it doesnt even phase me anymore :p

(some call it a 'fanboy'), I make claims that i don't bother to back up, I'm strongly opinionated, easily offend people by being critical and blunt, and i make myself an easy target most of the time.

The horses mouth...

I prefer soft for putting cause it is bit more grippy. At least MVP give us some choices.

Used Evny and Alias in this weekend tournament (Throw Down The Mountain) with good results!
Looking forward for one disc rounds with Envy/Alias this week.

I really wasn'ttry ing to hate or restart the soft vs stiff battle. I was just trying to say that in my experience, including 100 + degrees I had not seen neutron lose shape. That's all. I just thought the way In4d worded it was probably exaggerated.

I think we have all figured out by now that soft vs stiff is a preference thing with most pros falling on the stiff side.

I would putt with stiff putter if it is in good grippy baseline plastic. I used to putt with Voodoos and the ones I prefer were SS ones.

Have they announced anything about soft envys? I know the giveaway disc is soft but that sounds like a one time thing.

If they make these in softs I'm going to give it a shot as a putter.

Me and a friend played with the Alias and Envy some today and they were working good for us on putts. I'll have another video put together pretty soon, a little shorter than last.

Mike, do you have any brand new Ions to test against the Envy? I noticed that my seasoned Ion was quite a bit less stable, but the fresh Ion was only slightly less so...for my power level.

If they make these in softs I'm going to give it a shot as a putter.

Me and a friend played with the Alias and Envy some today and they were working good for us on putts. I'll have another video put together pretty soon, a little shorter than last.

I'm assuming it holds up better in the wind. That's the only downside to ions IMO.

Had a chance to throw this disc today (thanks MikeC!)...

First things first... the pictures/videos of these discs online do NOT do them justice. The plastic, finish, colors, stamps... just everything about these discs are beautiful. There's been lots of discussion and comparisons between Axiom Discs and the Innova Atlas discs with colored overmolds, but let me say, the comparison ends there. Axiom Discs take the cake in aesthetics. They're simply gorgeous. While Innova might have mass marketed colored overmolds first, the good folks at MVP have mastered it in the form of Axiom Discs. I can't stress enough how visually stunning these discs are in the sunlight.

Now, onto the Envy...
First impression when holding it was that it is definitely NOT an Ion. It's not as tall and fits the hand much nicer as others have mentioned. It felt a little like a Rhyno to me, but not as thick. And, I'm not even entirely comfortable saying that because I feel like the Envy is it's own unique disc. Yes, it has a more "traditional" cornered angle transitioning from the rim to the flight plate, so folks who never found the rounded curvature of the Ion or Anode comfy should really enjoy the feel of the Envy.

Throwing the envy is very comfortable. I personally don't have a good FH throw, and mainly flick to get out of trouble. On one hole, I threw the Envy as a spike hyzer FH, and it felt very controllable and went exactly where I wanted it to. I felt like this disc stays put too when it hits the ground. Didn't have to look too far for it when it comes down on an angle.

Putting with this was enjoyable. I'm not sure if it will replace an Ion for me in that area because I feel like I'm getting more and more range on Ions now a days and the Envy will fade out where the Ion still goes straight for me. But, when I needed a consistent fade at the end of an approach, the Envy delivered in the 20+ mph winds today where the Ion continued to glide forward.

Was just thinking about "off the tee," and quite honestly, I don't recall if I ever drove with it. Lots of long holes on the course today, so wasn't something I was personally investigating in that regard since I wouldn't normally use a putter in that situation. But, with it's overstability combined with today's winds, I can see why the Envy would be a better option than an Ion in this scenario.

Now, speaking of winds, this disc doesn't turn and burn in them. Nose up into the wind and it will go straight straight straight and glide pretty good. This was consistent throughout the afternoon. If I had anything bad to say about this disc, it would be that it was pretty easy to sail one over the basket in the stiff winds today. But, even then, that's something that can be easily corrected through and form and further understanding of this discs behaviors in flight.

The Neutron I was throwing felt great in the cold. But, I feel like this disc in a Soft Neutron may be perfect. Not to add to the soft/stiff putter debate, but my Soft Proton Ions today were noticeably more stiff and slippery in the 20 degree temps and high winds while my soft N Ions stayed flexy and grippy. I can see why someone who wants a soft moderately overstable putter would love to see one of these in Soft N. The Medium Neutron I threw today was more than adequate though.

All in all, I really enjoyed throwing this disc, and can easily see giving it a spot in my bag for no other reason that it delivering a FH flick shot that I'm more confident in throwing as well as a nice consistent end of flight fade for approaches. Given how much wind we can get around here, especially this time of year, it can really come in handy.

Well done, Axiom. I'll be buying a few of these come release.

Mike, do you have any brand new Ions to test against the Envy? I noticed that my seasoned Ion was quite a bit less stable, but the fresh Ion was only slightly less so...for my power level.

Yep, I just got some blank purple eclipse Ions from MVP that I've been throwing, they're still very new. The Envy for me can take a more driver like throw more easily. The Ion is more likely to flip up to flat and cruise straight, while the Envy holds a stronger hyzer.

I feel like there's a bit more difference between them for me than what you're seeing. I spent a round today in pretty windy conditions driving the Envy and comparing it to an Ion. The Envy was typically holding straight thrown with power into a stiff headwind, and an Ion will turn in those same conditions. I was also getting the Envy a little more dialed in on putts. I made some from slightly further out than what I did in the video. Got to putt the Ion side by side with it and I'm convinced to give the Envy a shot as my <50' putter if they make them in soft plastic. I'd still carry my putting Ion for certain jump putts and anny putts though. Had a long downhill anhyzer jump putt today that I threw with each and the Ion feels way more workable on putts like that, the Envy felt like the line had to be forced too much to have an accurate run.

I definitely need to work with the Envy some more. Plus you throw like 250' farther than me. :p

And, I didn't putt at all with it. I'm going to try and get out to the course tomorrow to get a better feel for both discs.

It's a neat putter. Feels like it moves a little faster through the air than the Ion. Totally took me by surprise how well it putts.