• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

Yeah sean I was bending my MVP outside the other day and it hurt my wrists lol. But also found a difference between them like my new servo is much more gummy than my older volts. Also have a FR shock that feels like a firm soft neutron which I LOVE and found outside so wonder if that had something to do with it but has always felt extra gummy yet not soft like you mention.

It is really easy to tell the difference in firmness by feeling up a batch of nanos and it becomes obvious some are much softer than others in both blends. Kind of strange actually but also why I like to see/feel my MVP discs when buying new ones.

its not that they arent using MVP. its that none of them choose a putter from their manufacturer that is made of premium plastic.

MVP Putters and premium putters from other companies are not comparable though. MVP premium putters have the overmold which increases the glide of the disc over what is found in a typical disc, and makes the edge much gripper for sticking to the chains. I've putted with baseline, pro and champ style putters from different companies. PA series, Evo Wizards, Opto Pure, Champ Aviar, Star Aviar (My first putter) etc. They do not compare to the premium plastic MVP putters because they lack the overmold, and often were designed for baseline plastic then molded in premium and lack the glide the mold shows when run in the plastic it was designed for.

I'm not saying that if MVP had a 20 person pro team and a baseline putter line that the pros would all be putting with premium MVP putters. I'm just pointing out that MVP's premium putters are a different animal than an Evo Wizard or Champ Aviar, and are much more useable as a putting putter than those other premium putters. The only premium putter I have ever bagged for putting are my MVP's. I always putted baseline or pro when using non-MVP putters. The fact that I can get equivelant results out of the premium plastic MVP putters says something about them.

If MVP released baseline putters I would love to try them out, but I'm not sure I would switch. I putt with my buddy's Wizard once in a while when I play with him and I honestly don't like the feel of baseline for putting anymore. I've gotten used to the way my opaque Ion feels and I really like it.

I bought a stack of whites like the one I putt with back when they were 18$ shipped on the dgcr marketplace.

I bought a stack of whites like the one I putt with back when they were 18$ shipped on the dgcr marketplace.

I got one last month and it's really nice. I like it a lot more than my soft protons.

I got one last month and it's really nice. I like it a lot more than my soft protons.

I've managed to score a couple myself. One of the DD runs, and a textured bottom. The Soft N didn't get hard and slick in the snow and cold yesterday. Have yet to use them in extreme heat, but really like them a lot. Hope this plastic makes it into production runs across both the MVP and Axiom lines.

image.jpg

For those who haven't seen this beauty.

Ok, just a question for all teh MVP only guys. you know this plastic has been on the market for like 2 years now. is it because MVP finally got some nice looking plastic that you are so amazed? or have you never seen any of the thousands of GL and TP discs that already look like this, oh, and Legend and Pinnacle too.

Ok, just a question for all teh MVP only guys. you know this plastic has been on the market for like 2 years now. is it because MVP finally got some nice looking plastic that you are so amazed? or have you never seen any of the thousands of GL and TP discs that already look like this, oh, and Legend and Pinnacle too.

Yes, everyone knows GL and others exist. But, getting it right is better than being first to market ;-)

are you saying this is somehow different from the other plastic?

I'm saying what I said. :D
I haven't held one with that particular finish to give a true assessment. But, from what I have held to date, I'd put MVP/Axiom at the top of the quality list for numerous reasons. And yes, I've held & thrown many, if not all, of the other lines you mentioned. That's just me though... everyone is entitled to their opinion and preferences.

Obviously a lot of u. Since ur gushing over plastic that's been out for years.

what are you talking about? 90% of the threads here feature adults popping boners over colorful plastic that's been out for years.

Please start policing those threads as well.

idk, just because ive seen one marbled disc doesnt mean i wont like another marbled disc....i think its the fact that it hasnt been seen from mvp, much. i dont throw half the stuff in MST natural beauties, but i still like checking them out. but im a mixed bag so i guess i dont count.