• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

177g Envy arrived today, along with a 175g Premium Jokeri. I took them out to the field for some testing and here are my initial impressions:

Both of the molds are very similar, so similar I suspected they would fly the same, but the Jokeri is noticeably more overstable (maybe a tad faster?). Both of them held up well in a light head wind, the Envy even fought off some OAT that I was sure would turn it, but it stayed true. Seems like a great driving putter. But what I liked the most about the Envy was how comfortable it felt for sidearm throws. I don't like flicking putters more than ~125ft usually, but it felt great in the hand and I was able to get some non-wobbly distance out of it.

There were some imperfections in the overmold like people have been saying, but it was pretty minor and I never would have seen it if I wasn't looking for it.

thanks for the nice post and feedback. welcome to the forum! What kind of lines were you throwing with it?

No. We got several inches of ice last night, and conditions are treacherous. I also don't really get out of work during the week with enough daylight to put in any kind of throwing time. :(

Hoping to get out this weekend if the ice melts enough for it to be a little less dangerous. Bad timing for MVP to release a disc I really want to throw. I have my stack of competitors ready to go though.

^^ Bummer. I'm here in perfect weather and I can't throw because I'm busy. I'm not sure who is worse off...as far as missing DG goes. :\

^^ Nah.

I haven't had a bath in 20 years, since we stayed in a cabin built in 1903 on Bois Blanc Island in northern Michigan.

I wonder if that cabin is still around.....

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a profile pic next to a tensor?

If nobody posts a pic by tomorrow night, I will. The Tensor is pretty sharp in the rim, with an upward slant (triangle shape).

If nobody posts a pic by tomorrow night, I will. The Tensor is pretty sharp in the rim, with an upward slant (triangle shape).

Thanks BigSky. I know it's stupid, but I remember liking the feel of the tensor and was wondering how the wing shape/depth compared. :eek:

thanks for the nice post and feedback. welcome to the forum! What kind of lines were you throwing with it?

The drives were just straight lines, thrown flat or with a slight hyzer. I threw some 150ft approach shots on an anny and it was overstable enough to hyzer out pretty easily. I'm gonna take it out again tomorrow for a more extended session, throw it along with some other putters. I actually chose to buy this disc over the Ion and the Discmania P2, just based on the feedback I had read online. I've been trying to find the right overstable putter, but haven't found "the one" yet. So far I've tried a Rhyno (too much of a tank), a P3 (too fast, too much glide), wizards and various aviars. Hopefully, the Envy will fill that slot. So far, so good.

Yeah can take a while to find "the" one you are looking for... hell I still don't have a go-to OS putter and just carry a 178g Ion. Curious to hear how your 2nd time out with it goes'

My second time out was very positive... lots of LSS :hfive:

Someone bump zj. He's skipping again... :D
gif-music-play1.gif

Got my Axiom's earlier this week, but we had a big snowstorm and work has been busy, so haven't had a chance to go throw them yet... hopefully this weekend. Gonna be pissed if I lose one of these in the 8-12 inches of new snow... lol