• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

But I love pasta. :( had some beef stroganoff just the other night...delicious.

As far as the distance thing, that's no problem. I'm not a cannon like mike or some others on here just yet, but i do alright. :) I WAS throwing like garbage in general yesterday so it's only fair I give it another shot.

And i will at least agree that it is not a pure. Opto pure is just freaking straight, mind blowing.

If you're saying this isn't straight to overstable you are crazy and have oat issues. People said the same about the ion and its a straight flight with no turn and a predictable fade at the end. Just like the site says.

If you're saying this isn't straight to overstable you are crazy and have oat issues. People said the same about the ion and its a straight flight with no turn and a predictable fade at the end. Just like the site says.

I guess you missed Mike's big drive with it? His just kind of dropped out of the air without much fade at all.

In a nutshell. The Envy is a glidier, just slightly less OS Rhyno, or a tick more OS Ion. Its shallow rim is very comfortable, both BH and FH. The distance is about the same as an Ion, with that same great glide.

For those just tuning in.

This is not a straight disc (Anode, Pure).

This is not a beefy disc (Pig, Zone).

The Envy is a happy medium of both. Stability where you need it, and also workable enough to cover many lines. With a very comfortable, shallower rim.

I guess you missed Mike's big drive with it? His just kind of dropped out of the air without much fade at all.

Oh I saw it and I saw him crank over on it just like any power thrower does when they throw a driver.

ALSO he turns quasars and NO ONE would argue that the quasar is an over stable driver... lol...

But this is a huge benefit of this disc. Since it IS overstable you can hit it like a driver. You do this with a normal putter and it's turning and burning. Thus why people say if you want to clean up your form throw putters.

Last edited:
Oh I saw it and I saw him crank over on it just like any power thrower does when they throw a driver.

ALSO he turns quasars and NO ONE would argue that the quasar is an over stable driver... lol...

But this is a huge benefit of this disc. Since it IS overstable you can hit it like a driver. You do this with a normal putter and it's turning and burning. Thus why people say if you want to clean up your form throw putters.

Rhynos are overstable enough that you can do the same thing. On my first throw with a Rhyno, I thought I'd gotten a defective one. It was as straight as my Pure. Then I threw it in a serious headwind, and it acted the same way. I understood why it was considered as overstable at that point. I have a feeling this is going to be similar.

Since it IS overstable you can hit it like a driver. You do this with a normal putter and it's turning and burning. Thus why people say if you want to clean up your form throw putters.

What are these normal putters you speak of? My ion doesn't turn or burn ever nor does the much OS Pa4 either... weird'

What are these normal putters you speak of? My ion doesn't turn or burn ever nor does the much OS Pa4 either... weird'

if you throw this disc the same as your ion, this disc is OVERSTABLE comparatively speaking. And I do recall, MIKE C showing this example... he threw the Envy with snap like a driver and it was going 300'ish on average. Then he grabbed his ion and said, look at this... and it turned and never came back.

THUS this disc being over stable. Normal putters people say to learn on are PnA Aviars and discs like this... OVERSTABLE discs hide OAT. Hence why some beginners throw forces, swear they are s curve discs for them at 300' lol...

Well, I'm still not a fan. Played a couple rounds. It just isn't what I'm looking for and that's okay. Definitely does hold its own into the wind, and I appreciate that but tend to disc up or use my zone/fresh stiff og wizard when that happens. The wind was pretty damn gusty and cold today so it definitely was worth testing. Glad to try new plastic and find that my bag is solid enough to say I don't really have a place for much of anything new. I think it's a little early to call it one of the best ever made, but to each their own. I will stick with my wizards.

stop being so negative with your opinions. It is one of the best driving putters ever made. It has plenty of LSS if you know how to control it.

Go throw the disc or just move on. Do you really enjoy countering every comment?

Do u enjoy making absolute statements that apply to u, but definitely dont apply to me?

Pure and Wiz are both better for backhand. and the zone is better forehand. Hell, the suspect is better too.

And yeah, I threw one. Stop bullying Aim. He supports MVP to a fault. U should watch the friendly fire. dood

edit. i see that you put "one of" but to me, coming from u, its meant to mean "the"

stop being so negative with your opinions. It is one of the best driving putters ever made. It has plenty of LSS if you know how to control it.

Go throw the disc or just move on. Do you really enjoy countering every comment?

Little early to make that call eh?

And as much fun as fanboy on fanboy crime is, he is offering another opinion other than "OMG this is the best thing eva!!!!"