• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

I have 30 something mvp discs, and haven't seen these blemishes on any of them. But my first 4 Axiom discs all have some small issues. My pearly copper envy has a short shot on the bead, and they all have the little chunks out of the overmold.

good stuff Nolan. Its very minimal on my MVP which tbird made it sound like he wasn't trying to make these sound horrible comparatively but it seems there are for sure differences.

My pearly copper envy has a short shot on the bead...

I got another one today that has a similar issue (almost didn't say anything because I'm tired of having to explain I'm being honest and not malicious). It is very minor, but it is there. Both of mine were planned to be throwers anyway.

Last edited:
I got another one today that has a similar issue (almost didn't say anything because I'm tired of having to explain I'm being honest and not malicious). It is very minor, but it is there. Both of mine were planned to be throwers anyway.

anybody that thinks you're being malicious is silly. nothing wrong with being thorough, especially on a new disc. all facets should be examined.

as far as the envy goes, i have no need for it. my wizards do just fine. the envy seemed more OS than what i want in a driving putter; i will probably throw it a few more times to be sure.

on a somewhat related note, is there any way we can change MP thread titles? mine still shows all my old stuff even though i edited it to reflect the new stuff i have for sale.

yeah now I know why they always said they didn't do colors for consistency reasons.

that being said i have drained some dummmmb putts with the envy. it fits my putting style well. i love 'playing the fade' of OS discs so i'm not surprised. i still haven't power gripped one so the jurys still out on that.

BOOYAH! Ace on like my 4th rip with this baby!!

My review is pretty similar to everyone else's. It's an over stable putter. But with the forward fade of an MVP disc. It doesn't just dump on you. There is no high speed turn and about a 2-3 fade At the end.

I think the difference between this and the ion is the design itself. Meaning the ion is deeper and seems to float. This disc has glide for sure but doesn't float, if that makes sense. So more skip when it lands then the ion but it doesn't float past where you're aiming. To me it seems to be the difference between a buzz and a roc (stability not taken into account) where you throw the envy like a driver (how the buzz throws) and the ion you throw like a putter (similar to a roc). So you can crank on it and it gets there pretty fast. I can see how Mike C could throw this 400'+.

The downfall is I think it's a bit over stable for my liking, but I got a 220' ace with it today after only 4 throws with it! So I'm not complaining. I just hope it breaks in... Because if it does... This is going to be probably my go to for anything under 300'.

So anyone know how long it takes to break in a neutron disc? Also what's with all the really light weights? Was at my disc shop and he had 20 envys and only 1 at 174. Went online and no one really has 174-175g??? What gives???.

I got a 220' ace with it today after only 4 throws with it! So I'm not complaining. I just hope it breaks in... Because if it does... This is going to be probably my go to for anything under 300'.

So anyone know how long it takes to break in a neutron disc? Also what's with all the really light weights? Was at my disc shop and he had 20 envys and only 1 at 174. Went online and no one really has 174-175g??? What gives???.

The Neutron plastic is real durable, so a while, but the nice thing about that is they stay the same for longer periods of time. Totally depends on how often you disc and how many trees/hazzards are on your courses though.. for me it takes a month or more to notice some real change. There will probably be a short break in period initially for a couple rounds where it settles into its groove.

as far as heavy weights, i saw 177g on a couple sites but they sold out quickly.. have to be quick with the trigger :D

qblDYaQ.jpg

Just received mine and I must say I am unimpressed by this disc's supposed "over stability." I took it to the campus for two one disc rounds this morning and can honestly say i have wizards that are more overstable.
That seems weird because I got really exited to see that the profile was extremely similar to my rhynos (sans bead and groove). Still a nice disc, but it is no bookend.

Just received mine and I must say I am unimpressed by this disc's supposed "over stability." I took it to the campus for two one disc rounds this morning and can honestly say i have wizards that are more overstable.
That seems weird because I got really exited to see that the profile was extremely similar to my rhynos (sans bead and groove). Still a nice disc, but it is no bookend.

I don't understand why people keep saying this disc is overstable. it is stable to slightly overstable. if you watched mike c's vid, the 420ft throw he had flipped from a slight hyzer into an s curve. it's not overstable but it is more stable than an ion

I don't understand why people keep saying this disc is overstable. it is stable to slightly overstable. if you watched mike c's vid, the 420ft throw he had flipped from a slight hyzer into an s curve. it's not overstable but it is more stable than an ion

It looks like it flies more like a Pro Rhyno with glide. Rhynos for me were straight with mild fade in any condition. Overstable but not traditionally overstable. The Envy is is definitely not a Zone/Pig/Sinus competitor.

yeah its why I don't have one. When it was reported its not that OS welp no need really. Its a pure.

It's more stable than a Pure, but I understand your point.

As to the confusion, I'm not sure, as it clearly says stable to OS on the Axiom site. Maybe people saw the profile and made assumptions based off that.

I haven't read anyone say it was very over stable. Just slightly more stable than an ion.

It's more stable than a Pure, but I understand your point.

As to the confusion, I'm not sure, as it clearly says stable to OS on the Axiom site. Maybe people saw the profile and made assumptions based off that.

DOmey opto pures fly a lot like this and why people love them for driving. solid HSS with a healthy LSS any condition. I imagine this beating into a flight which more resembles a pure. Fresh MVP discs always have a little extra fade that wears off IMO. Its for sure not a sinus like OS putter.

I think the more important factor is the shallow depth. I wasn't really looking for something more overstable (not yet at least), but for me I can get much, much more consistent releases on discs with smaller depth.

Though I will say it is certainly more OS than any ion I've thrown, but definitely not to the level of a pig or zone.