• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Envy

god damnit.

i bought one from MST. 173g, orange rim, white core, no stamp. i will be doing my first dye job in a long time, trying envy from fullmetal alchemist.

god damnit.

i bought one from MST. 173g, orange rim, white core, no stamp. i will be doing my first dye job in a long time, trying envy from fullmetal alchemist.

So you are the one that got that one while I was looking what to replace my first order with. I had decided on the 'not' pink wing anyway.
I think the white deck, '!pink' wing will do nice with a multi-blue, Gibson-style starburst dye job around the logo.

So you are the one that got that one while I was looking what to replace my first order with. I had decided on the 'not' pink wing anyway.
I think the white deck, '!pink' wing will do nice with a multi-blue, Gibson-style starburst dye job around the logo.

sorry man!

didn't mean to snipe you. i love doing dye jobs and this seemed like a good opportunity. :D

sorry man!

didn't mean to snipe you. i love doing dye jobs and this seemed like a good opportunity. :D

nah, I had decided anyway. I got one with the icon. If I am careful, I believe I can dye the starburst with out touching the icon....If I do, I will just add a second color and pretend it was on purpose :)

White plate, not deck...got it. Some days at work, one might think I could throw an aircraft carrier from frustration, so maybe ;) (referring back to another thread where I got chided for using the term deck)

White plate, not deck...got it. Some days at work, one might think I could throw an aircraft carrier from frustration, so maybe ;) (referring back to another thread where I got chided for using the term deck)

:hfive:

lol I was only playing with you. but yes! You are on to the language.

I'm starting to 2nd guess my choice of the minimum weight Envy they had in the colors I wanted (Go Hawks!) I've never tried a 163g putter but I was thinking more about driving with it. Any other distance challenged try driving with a super light Envy?

The bead isn't noticeable in a power grip to me on the Envy, it is on the Ion. Neither bothers me, I can go either way.

Putters in pairs.....

I like to have 2 identical putters in my bag.....:clap:

it has been a challenge to find pairs in the same weights (light)that I like to putt with.:wall:

But I have been succsesful

:clap::clap::clap:

thanks Disc Nation & Marshall Street

damn, dude. all of a sudden these threads go all quiet. everyone just waiting on their plastic or what? i can't wait until mine gets here. now that i know my alias is in the bag i'm happy to have a backup coming, and the envy will be fun to throw as well despite the likelihood of it going in the bag being very low.

Took 4 Envys and 4 Aliases that I just bought recent Friday to the field yesterday. The lightest Envy I have is 165 and the lightest Aliases I have is 168 and it is not much differences to me in distance and stabilities over the entire weight ranges. I was throwing Envys from 282 to 300 feet and Aliases from 285 to 309 feet. I was surprised that I was throwing Envys as far as my mids. Aliases certainly can throw at slightly lower lines than Envy but Envy can throw at low lines very well considering it is a P&A.

I did a practice round yesterday on T-2 and I putted with my S N Ion and Envy every time and both putts great for me. It is just that Envy goes left/fade earlier than Ion, so just adjust the aiming hair bit more right for Envy. Now that I have 5 Envys so I will do some putting practice side by side with my S N Ions and see how it goes.

Alias is nice compliment to Tangent. I like Axis very much but Alias and Axis overlaps pretty much so Axis will have to go.

Envy has to be one of the best disc MVP has ever produced. Time will tell...

Had some of mine waiting for me when I got home from work. I have to say that I really enjoy the feel in my grip (a little taller than I expected but not too tall) and love that the inside of the rim meets the flightplate in a more traditional way, but I really wasn't expecting them to have such plus rims. It's not really that noticeable when gripping thankfully, but I was pretty shocked as I don't really remember anyone mentioning it. Initial impressions are definitely good. The discs look absolutely beautiful. Wonderfully vibrant rims and cores, amazing stamp (great work Zam), and great swirly cores (on the one I have with swirls).

I hate to say this because I really do like these, but I can see why they're sticking with black and glow on the MVP line. Of the three Envies I got, all three have imperfections my MVP discs (3 Ions - med, soft, eclipse and 2 Vectors - UV blue and eclipse) don't. The rims aren't perfectly straight all the way around the disc where they meet the core. There are some really minor imperfections, but they were noticeable enough for me to get up and gather my MVPs to compare. One of my Envies' cores also had a very minor (what it looks to my non-molding self) short shot.

Do any of these issues take away from the grip? No. Are any of these issues noticeable to anyone but someone who was so impressed at how beautiful they looked that he spent some serious OCD time giving them a good going over? No. Is the fit and finish anything but outstanding compared to the sloppy overmolding of Innova? No. Am I trying to get a refund for "bad" discs? No. I'm just giving my initial OCD-intensive and overly-critical impression.

I can't wait to get some time in the field with these. I loved throwing the Rhyno, but I hated the lack of glide. I'm hoping these will be just as fun to throw but with the glide I really wanted.

That's a pretty honest review Tbird. I'm fairly certain that you'll really like how they fly, and I'm interested in your review one you give them a work-out.

One question. What is short shot?