• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

rather certain that mvp and axiom are different companies. also i am certain im not a noob or a chucker. Sometimes i remember why i have not posted on these boards anymore thanks for reminding me nolangherity. get a life and go throw some discs this is a discussion board. its been said that the tow companies will have entire seperate line ups. there is gonna be a ton of overlap between the tow so what? who cares not me i like my low profile putters cause i have little hands. i have always wanted a shallower anode.

Last edited:
the ion is shaped like a wizard and the anode like an aviar. if you dislike the feel of those discs you should maybe try another sport.

....or a different disc....

Ion feels nothing like a wizard to me. Haven't felt up an anode.

rather certain that mvp and axiom are different companies. also i am certain im not a noob or a chucker. Sometimes i remember why i have not posted on these boards anymore thanks for reminding me nolangherity. get a life and go throw some discs this is a discussion board. its been said that the tow companies will have entire seperate line ups. there is gonna be a ton of overlap between the tow so what? who cares not me i like my low profile putters cause i have little hands. i have always wanted a shallower anode.

are they actually run by different people? I figured it as two brands but basically the same company.

I don't see options as a bad thing. I love the Ion and really love the Anode. The Envy is easier for me to get a clean release on putting. For touch upshot annys and uphill putts I love the deeper profile of the Anode with a fan grip. I'm sure I'm gonna be diggin the Proxy, but the Anode will still have a spot to cover in my bag. As for the multi colors, why would you want to have four different putters that all look virtually identical other than a small name, it's hard enough sometimes distinguishing the Ion from the Anode. Multi colors are easy to find too. All that said I guess I am in noob status, oh well.

one year paying...coud be

But don't get too jazzed up. Just different opinions.

Not jazzed up about it, just wonder why someone would be discouraged by options. As for the noob comment I was just poking fun at myself for being a color junkie. I'd put my playing time around 2 years or so, I've got over 500 rounds under my belt in the 1.3 years I've played. I'm not saying that's a lot, just a lot in that time span. Still have a bunch to learn, but I can't get away with the noob card anymore. It was nice while it lasted:)

are they actually run by different people? I figured it as two brands but basically the same company.

IIRC, Axiom and MVP are run by different teams. I believe Zam may be one of head honchos at Axiom, while still doing work for MVP as well. Maybe he'll chime in to straighten it out.

IIRC, Axiom and MVP are run by different teams. I believe Zam may be one of head honchos at Axiom, while still doing work for MVP as well. Maybe he'll chime in to straighten it out.
Nah, I don't run anything. Except my mouth... HA!
I'm not even an employee, just a lowly contractor. Brad is my moon and stars and primary contact for most of my tasks. I've never felt it was my business to know if investors or a Board existed or who they were, I just have my points of contact and do work. The ZAM I replaced learned his lesson about asking too many questions.

Well, what can you tell us, Zam? (And still remain employed) :)

I guess the main question is what the distinction is between Axiom and MVP.

Nolan is my favorite poster on these forums. Makes these threads worth reading in between real details.

I guess the main question is what the distinction is between Axiom and MVP.
The only distinctions relevant to me and my job are the brand identities. MVP manufactures and distributes Axiom, but I can't speak to company structures.

Nolan is my favorite poster on these forums. Makes these threads worth reading in between real details.
Nolan is my Axiom, and DGCR's Compass Points.

Could someone PM me when this love fest is over and the thread is back on topic?

No kidding, you guys done playing your game of soggy proxy, last one has to lick it clean.