• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Well, what can you tell us, Zam? (And still remain employed) :)

I guess the main question is what the distinction is between Axiom and MVP.

Dude, you read my article about this when they first announced Axiom. It's branding. Sure, there might be other people involved now, but we all know Brad and Chad are the life force of the whole shebang.

Dude, you read my article about this when they first announced Axiom. It's branding. Sure, there might be other people involved now, but we all know Brad and Chad are the life force of the whole shebang.

I know nothing about the business world. What, in a nutshell, is branding?

rubmtx.jpg

It's kind of like the PepsiCo company.

They make the following brands.

Pepsi
Mountain Dew
Lay's
Gatorade
Tropicana
7 up
Doritos
Lipton Tea
Quaker
Cheetos
Ruffles
Aquafind
Pepsi

and others.

One company. A lot of brands.

MVP has 2 brands. MVP and Axiom.

I love 'em, but let's be honest. Axiom is, in a large part, a way to sell molds that are almost existing MVP molds as separate molds.

And of course they satisfy the classic "Bosom Buddies" dynamic...staightlaced, traditional Peter Scalari as MVP, and wacky Tom Hanks as Axiom.

It's kind of like the PepsiCo company.

They make the following brands.

Pepsi
Mountain Dew
Lay's
Gatorade
Tropicana
7 up
Doritos
Lipton Tea
Quaker
Cheetos
Ruffles
Aquafind
Pepsi

and others.

One company. A lot of brands.

MVP has 2 brands. MVP and Axiom.

This.

I love 'em, but let's be honest. Axiom is, in a large part, a way to sell molds that are almost existing MVP molds as separate molds.

And of course they satisfy the classic "Bosom Buddies" dynamic...staightlaced, traditional Peter Scalari as MVP, and wacky Tom Hanks as Axiom.

I don't necessarily agree with this. Sure, there are points where there is some overlap depending on your style, but the offerings are unique. Can the Alias cover the Axis slot? Sure, but they feel completely different.

I, personally, like that there are different discs that may fly in a similar way, but feel different. It's a big reason why the Envy has caught on: So many people like the Ion-esque flight, but prefer the low-profile feel.

It's a big reason why the Envy has caught on: So many people like the Ion-esque flight, but prefer the low-profile feel.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on this. I have to throw the Ion/Anode backed down to ensure consistent releases, for whatever reason. I like how hard I can throw the Envy.

The implications of this are even more important with the Proxy, especially if it's close to the Anode in stability, because it'll take being thrown 'emphatically' to get the flight I'd want.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on this. I have to throw the Ion/Anode backed down to ensure consistent releases, for whatever reason. I like how hard I can throw the Envy.

The implications of this are even more important with the Proxy, especially if it's close to the Anode in stability, because it'll take being thrown 'emphatically' to get the flight I'd want.

Definitely. And re-reading your first post, I may have misunderstood your stance.

I look at it like this: I like IPAs. Ballast Point makes Scuplin and Big Eye, both of which appeal to people who like certain hops or specific malts. I see MVP and Axiom in the same fashion, and I think it's good for the marketplace.

Definitely. And re-reading your first post, I may have misunderstood your stance.

I look at it like this: I like IPAs.

nope sorry going to have to cut you off right there. beer is not the same as disc golf discs. beer gets you drunk. end of comparison.

Not jazzed up about it, just wonder why someone would be discouraged by options. As for the noob comment I was just poking fun at myself for being a color junkie. I'd put my playing time around 2 years or so, I've got over 500 rounds under my belt in the 1.3 years I've played. I'm not saying that's a lot, just a lot in that time span. Still have a bunch to learn, but I can't get away with the noob card anymore. It was nice while it lasted:)

that's a sick amount of golf in two years. :clap:

Winter release of this guy makes me glad I live in the dirty South and not in one of the igloo states.

It would feel like a sadistic time to release it if I had to spend a couple months testing it in my basement @ 40 feet and then trying to extrapolate out to 250.