• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Nice video. You said it has a flight similar to an Anode...in the video it looks a bit less stable than when I throw it, although I max at 300 with an Anode and I know you throw it significantly further. The Proxy seems to flip up and keep drifting over slowly when you throw it with decent power, noticeably more than when I throw my Anode, which tends to finish straight for me or slightly fade left. Does it seem a bit less stable than Anodes, or is that just how those discs fly with your power level? For example if I have a touch of hyzer release on my Anode, it will have more of a tendency to fade at the end. You seem to get a nice gradual turn on a lot of those flights.

Yeah, I have to say that's how I'd hope they'd fly after a season of abuse. I suppose I won't be disappointed by that fact, but grateful - it's a real time saver!

Plus, the fresh flight I'm looking to get from the Proxy is probably how my envy will be flying next year, assuming no winter losses.

@slow:

I'd guess it's the power level - notice Mike isn't leaving much time for the disc to fade before it hits the ground? Even though most of those throws are under 300' he's still putting some good pace on them (obviously his answer may contradict this, but I doubt it).

I'm stoked! Looks like a slightly more fresh version of my beat up Ion but with a straight inner rim:D

Nice video, Mike! How has your injury been doing? You looked like you were in top form there.

As a long time Anode thrower, I'm really excited about the proxy. Those just seemed to go sooooo straight for you.

It's off and on, its frustrating. The stuff the doctors tried didn't help it any. Some days, especially on shorter courses like that, it feels perfect. Other days it feels horrible and I have to throw lefty or quit playing for the day. Like I said, it's very frustrating. Makes it very difficult to want to commit to a tournament at this point. I'm going to explore more options over the winter, see if maybe there's some type of surgery that could help.

As far as Proxy VS Anode, you guys might be right. I haven't thrown Anodes much over the past year or two, and the ones I like best are my seasoned Eclipse Anodes. That white and pink Proxy seemed to have a really late, mild turn to it if you watch if closely. Either way I felt like the Proxy was essentially an Anode hiding in an Envy's body.

It's off and on, its frustrating. The stuff the doctors tried didn't help it any. Some days, especially on shorter courses like that, it feels perfect. Other days it feels horrible and I have to throw lefty or quit playing for the day. Like I said, it's very frustrating. Makes it very difficult to want to commit to a tournament at this point. I'm going to explore more options over the winter, see if maybe there's some type of surgery that could help.

As far as Proxy VS Anode, you guys might be right. I haven't thrown Anodes much over the past year or two, and the ones I like best are my seasoned Eclipse Anodes. That white and pink Proxy seemed to have a really late, mild turn to it if you watch if closely. Either way I felt like the Proxy was essentially an Anode hiding in an Envy's body.

Yum....Perfect compliment to the Envy. Deadly two disc round repertoire.
Can't wait for the P release.

I played with Mike today and got to throw the proxy. I can throw my envy 200-210. The Proxy flew the same but with no fade. It's a really straight disc.

I've thrown a couple Proxy as well. Mike's demo is perfect, and I'd add that even at my putter driving skill/power there's minimal turn and very little fade. When I hit a clean throw it's just laser straight through the drop. I have a few prized beat Wizards that are this perfect HSS/LSS balance, I consider it rare, with Anodes and the more stable Omegas and flatty E Magic being close in HSS but a bit too LSS in the drop. Proxy has a unique beat-base-putter or lid drop, but a serious HSS that typically doesn't precede that type of awesome straight forward LSS. And the whole composition still fascinates me... it's 1mm wider in diameter than Anode/Ion, but the wing is 1mm more narrow! Wider diameter, shorter wing, bigger plate... it's a really interesting setup on paper and I've been super impressed with the models from that class so far. That's my geek perspective, off the marketing clock. Envy fans will dig it, neutral P&A fans will dig it.

so compared to a proto magic or proto pa4 it seems similar in flight but feel/design is a bit different? Outside of feel I have always found the anode when seasoned to have that rare HSS/LSS combo like a seasoned pure or unique wizard like you mention. very cool!

Can't speak to PA4, but for a Proto Magic or a worn-enough Omega to have this type of drop, it would have a good deal more turn / lower touch::drive threshold than that of Proxy. It's like the beginning of the flight is a freshish Wiz/KCPro and the end is a beat DX Aviar.

I'll second everything Zam said.

so compared to a proto magic or proto pa4 it seems similar in flight but feel/design is a bit different? Outside of feel I have always found the anode when seasoned to have that rare HSS/LSS combo like a seasoned pure or unique wizard like you mention. very cool!

It has a sleeker, less chunky feel than those molds, and more HSS.

Perfect, thanks! Would be curious to see an MVP/Axiom mids comparison too (Theory/Tangent/Alias/Tensor), if you're looking for ideas for more material.

I'm sure it must have come up in another thread... what the heck did you do to your teeth? Overmold them, I hear the durability is pretty good.

It's like the beginning of the flight is a freshish Wiz/KCPro and the end is a beat DX Aviar.

mind boggling a little bit and exciting! Not sure I can get down with a slimmer putter for actual putting but never liked how "clunky" the magic or Pa4 felt when driving. I really like the rounded plate/rim of ions/anodes like it was made to fit my hands perfectly.

Perfect, thanks! Would be curious to see an MVP/Axiom mids comparison too (Theory/Tangent/Alias/Tensor), if you're looking for ideas for more material.

I'm sure it must have come up in another thread... what the heck did you do to your teeth? Overmold them, I hear the durability is pretty good.

Same way I broke my finger four times....skateboarding.

One of the things that got me hooked on DG was the fact that I could do it without maiming myself :D

mind boggling a little bit and exciting! Not sure I can get down with a slimmer putter for actual putting but never liked how "clunky" the magic or Pa4 felt when driving. I really like the rounded plate/rim of ions/anodes like it was made to fit my hands perfectly.

In other words....the Proxy will be the longest flying putter for a lot of folks.
I love a beautifully worked in wizard but I only like the ones that come out with an tight nose and low shoulder. Proxy will emulate that every time I'd assume. Yum.