• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

The more I think about this disc, the more I think I just need a new soft Envy. My current Envy I bought in a used bin and it was already pretty beat up. I throw it on almost all of my drives 250' and less, all of my approaches, and all of my putts. It's pretty straight with almost no fade now. Sounds like I can save the money on the Proxy as I have that slot filled.

My most beat Envy vs my Proxy I feel fly different. The envy still has more HSS and a little more fade, especially released hyzer.

Played Bradford for the first time yesterday and I threw the proxy on a few 350-370' holes with some hyzer and it just didn't want to fade....just kept cruising straight.

would you say there is SOME high speed turn or see it as seasoning in with some? Ions, anodes and Envys all really have pretty much 0 HSS so something which you could get to turn with some good speed from flat would be nice to see.

How to you think this could differ from a light weight seasoned envy or Ion in regards to HSS.

Well I carry a pair of 165 proto soft envys, and have for nearly a year. Neither shows any turn. The Proxy when new had something like -.25 HSS, so thrown flat and crisp I can see a tiny bit of turn. I think seasoned Proxy vs other MVP putters will show this even more. I had been trying to season those light Envys for putters but I may end up just putting a 165-171 Proxy when they release the softs.

The Proxy does need to be thrown past 250' to see any negative HSS IMO though. Throw it 200' and it will act like 0 hss. Most players use their putters 200' and in and likely won't see turn from the Proxy, but I also suspect they will eventually release a true understable compliment to the Proxy / Envy family.

Perfect. You are the only guy really who can even comment about using an envy as long and If the proxy will turn easier as well as hold it more than a ion or envy im sold. That's the one shot neither disc even beat to hell really want to do unless forced over hard but like the theory vs tangent or alias I hope the proxy will ride out a slower turn and become more of a touch putter when seasoned. I have found myself throwing the theory on some oddly shorter upshots due to its ability to hold a turn and glide at low speeds over my ions in the past week.

Yeah, I am sold on the anode having bagged two since they first came out. Over 2 years now. But this summer I experimented with the envy and had a ton of nice shots but overtime grew discomfort. Hoping this disc will give me the dependability of the anode and possibly challenge it for a spot in the bag

Mike c thanks for all the work you do at helping me spend money! Fantastic and it seems this is the droid I'm looking for. I see a ton of envy/proxy rounds in my future!

Mike C - noticeably less fade on putts vs envies or are they close?

Definitely. They putt pretty much the same except the Proxy wants to finish straight. Similar feel in the hand, speed in the air etc., but it doesn't have the fade at the end like the Envy. Left to right movement resembles the Anode.

ugh

sounds fantastic...now I have to hoe a soft proton shows up by spring tie.

I may switch when softs come out. I started putting the Envy because it was comfortable, but I preferred the flight of my seasoned Ion. Proxy seems like the best of both worlds, but after spending so much time with the Envy I've gotten really used to it. We'll see.

OKOKOK, this is all great, but please, let's address the elephant in the room. Does it have a bead?

My anaconda don't want none unless it's got a bead, son!

Latest posts