• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

Have a question about the Wrath? Post it here in the Wrath thread. Easy peasy.

Mine is a 168g Neutron

Well I finally got tired of waiting and picked up a new N wrath the other day. It is a tad less gummy than the first release I lost in Feb...

...Whats the bet that we hear about the Axiom 21.5 class disc in this slot soon, now that I bought this instead of waiting...

I took out the tesla when the photons came out. Just liked the FH flight of them better, and with the wrath I didnt really need them to cover those shots(preferred the added glide of the wrath). I've had my sparkle proton in the bag since I lost the wrath, and while its not as beefy as the N's I've had, its not quite the same flight as the wrath.

Plus the sp tesla is dark blue and the new wrath is hot pink/pink so there's that too...

Last edited:
Well after my first round with the new wrath in the bag... I'm glad I didn't wait. Threw an approach shot on no1 at idlewild from down low on the right side. Perfect straight flight with a late fade around the guardian pine to about 7ft.:thmbup:

I just picked up a wrath a few weeks ago. I really really like this disc. I would rate it 10.5/4/-0.5/2.25 to get specific. I like to have this placed between the fairway discs and max D drivers, its a great overall driver that is high speed stable, but not super OS by any means, a great go-to driver. Excellent work. Its like a longer Clash or Shorter Defy, both of which are working into the bag, but the Wrath stands out as a unique width and speed for a control stable disc. very good disc, I recommend.

Great disc. High speed stable, straight, nice reliable fade at the end.
I'm gonna say that the DEFY WRATH and ENVY all have the same quality....High-speed straight...lil fade at the end. That is on a power flat throw. Of course if you hyzer it they are all gonna have a nice long hyzer. But finding discs like these has been a great help to my game and confidence booster on snappy/power straight throws. Love these 3 from Axiom and the Proxy for a finesse straight or power understable short disc. Axiom is slowing growing into one of my most used brands and unique in a good way

The Wrath has been a go to of mine for some time now. The Volt was my favorite driver for years, but over time I've been phasing it out as the Crave / Wrath combo works so well for me. Crave is slower and shapes lines with ease, while the Wrath holds dead straight lasers throw flat with power FH or BH, and tossed with some hyzer holds up to some stiff head winds. Great combination of reliability & straightness. Rare to find in a disc this fast.

I also love the rim width and shape. Just sits so nice in my hand.

I like the tesla more just for the fact you basically can season one into a wrath errrr "longer volt" but it handles pretty much all the OS stuff when fresh that i need. A FAF tesla can be pretty beefy though so not super easy to get the wrath flight without thrashing the damn things up.

Wrath is a great mold though for a go-to driver off the shelf not being too OS or US. I really like the virus/insanity for US pairing in this speed class.

Insanity is a fun disc, I carry one when I play longer courses. Flies some nice hyzerflips on those long, wooded NC holes.

Part of my preference for the Wrath over the Tesla is that it tends to be a softer blend of Neutron, and I bag a Resistor and Energy for OS stuff. Fits my overall line-up better. The Tesla is a really nice mold though...I'm still sitting on a Neutron cycle I started in case I want to revisit it. Seasoned Teslas remind me of OLF's and Eagle X's, they're very versatile line shapers that can fight some wind.

I like the tesla more just for the fact you basically can season one into a wrath errrr "longer volt" but it handles pretty much all the OS stuff when fresh that i need. A FAF tesla can be pretty beefy though so not super easy to get the wrath flight without thrashing the damn things up.

Wrath is a great mold though for a go-to driver off the shelf not being too OS or US. I really like the virus/insanity for US pairing in this speed class.

How does the Wrath compare to the Defy stability-wise? I have a Defy on order, figure on it not being quite as OS(or stable), more distance potential, and maybe a small amount of dome vs FAF Wrath.

Defy is basically a 11/12 speed wrath. Both molds are stable but not truly OS only when new. No dome on any of the defys i have from all the different SE runs and stock plastics. My proton photons have a tiiiiiiiinnnnyyyyy raise to the flight plate and are the most OS. My flatter hofc/stock neutron photons are FAF and developed a little high speed turn when beat and lost the LSS.

Vanish(same class as Defy) has some dome though, right? It's why I had hopes for the Defy. Just a little will do vs FAF.

Just laid out all 3 (proton photon N defy N vanish) and the vanish has some raise to the shoulder with lower PLH giving that rounder feel of dome but all flat compared to the 23mm class style dome.

I wanna see some more videos of ppl testing this Wrath :) (youtube)

I hope to do a lot of test flights this spring, but not able to for a little while, the Wrath is $ tho. Its like a faster longer Teebird in flight. Goes straight with power and little fade or can be hyzered for long shots or anhyzers that hold and flatten.

I have a nunch of plans for reviews , just need the weather and time with my family to work out

Latest posts