• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Wrath Distance Driver

I love my 164g Wrath. It flies very similar to my 166g fission volt. I can see why it doesn't get much love, seeing as it flies a lot like the very popular volt.

I find myself reaching for the Wrath more than the Volt though, I feel a bit more comfortable on tight or low ceiling shots with the Wrath.

And I'm growing fond of the sweet color schemes Axiom has to offer.
Yea I am thinking, between my craves and my wrath, when the wave comes out I may need to remove the volt to make room in the bag. or I might take the fresh crave out.... ahh remember when we didn't have to choose between MVP discs....

The volt will never leave my bag, so that's kind of where the issue lies. I honestly still could probably just throw a volt for 90% of my shots and fill in the rest with a ion or vector but damn the other molds are fun to bag :D

....your MVP set up isn't complete if it doesn't have a volt AYYYYYYYYYYEEEEE :cool:

Maybe I need to pull the plasma volt out of the box, it may fill a slightly different role....

On a side note I traded a metal flake thunderbird for a blank red rim blue core sparkle wrath the other day. Man that is a pretty disc.

I never regret when I throw my Volt on a shot. But I also never regret when I throw my Wrath. I'm having fun with it right now. When I go back to carrying a big bag I'll probably carry both and have some tough decisions to make on a lot of holes.

Behaves like a longer clash for me on every angle. Damn the clash got swept under the rug

I bagged the Clash for a while. I really enjoyed throwing them, but went with the Resistor / Crave combo because of how similar the rims are. When I need something in between my fresh Crave and beat Resistor, I've got Volts to fall back on.

With how much I love the Wrath, the Clash never clicked for me. Doesn't help that I lost it into the creek my third round with it, but it was too similar to the Crave for me. I decided a range of weights in Craves was the better way to go. I'll probably do that with the Wrath too.

I really like how this Proton Wrath flies. This is more what I expected out of the mold. Very straight overall with a little left to right drift thrown flattish 400'+. The Tesla and Neutron Wraths felt a little too OS to call a longer Volt, but I'm comfortable saying that's exactly what the Proton Wrath is.

I really like how this Proton Wrath flies. The Tesla and Neutron Wraths felt a little too OS to call a longer Volt, but I'm comfortable saying that's exactly what the Proton Wrath is.

Great Mike, now I'm going to have to try one. I love my 166 Neutron Wrath and it's starting to beat in nicely but it would be perfect if it was a tick less OS. After watching your review I'm not sure if I want to go with a light Proton Wrath or a heavy Proton Insanity.

Great Mike, now I'm going to have to try one. I love my 166 Neutron Wrath and it's starting to beat in nicely but it would be perfect if it was a tick less OS. After watching your review I'm not sure if I want to go with a light Proton Wrath or a heavy Proton Insanity.

I got a max wt P Insanity you can fling. Sorry about Monday, life happened...let's get up this w/e?

Mike, how would you say the Proton plastic of the new Wraths feels compared to the Proton of the Insanities? Is it a little stiffer, or about as soft?

Hmm. After throwing it I wanted to say it's a touch stiffer feeling, but I just double checked those two and they feel the same.

Personally I'd drop my whole bag for their old molds in this blend if they ran em.

When I first got the Wrath and Insanity I didn't like the softness, but it's growing on me. I don't think I would like it for everything though. I need stiff for putting and when I use a fan grip on my upshots. I love the soft for placement on hyzers though. Rarely rolls away.

Wrath didn't make the bag with all my volts and teslas around but I could see using ONLY a wrath to keep things simple.

How are peeps liking/disliking this mold? lost a lot of the hard LSS and delayed it a bit once I seasoned mine up so that was cool but just don't have "room" for this thing.

I may have to try one in P just to see.

I picked up a 174 N, and it may be an odd duck, but it's more OS and has less glide than all 3 of my Teslas. It flies somewhere between them and my more seasoned Motion, actually.

I also just don't need drivers to be this soft, considering the climate here.

Wrath didn't make the bag with all my volts and teslas around but I could see using ONLY a wrath to keep things simple.

How are peeps liking/disliking this mold? lost a lot of the hard LSS and delayed it a bit once I seasoned mine up so that was cool but just don't have "room" for this thing.

I LOVE my Wrath.

I use it as my primary "controlled distance" disc in my short bag set up because it is reliable in all winds, flies pretty darn far & feels great in the hand. I also love that I can get it in any color combo that I want. That's a big bonus for me :D

As I've said before... I've never really delved into the Volt. I know it is kinda ridiculous but I just don't have a ton of desire to try a disc in that speed category when I have the Crave performing great on the lower speed and the Wrath a tick faster.

With all that said.. I could see myself dropping the Wrath once these N Photons release as I am starting to really click with the Fission Photon. I love the distance ability of the Photon and I'm sure a max weight will prevent that wiggle in the middle that I like to avoid with a fresh DD.

Got a 155 from community today. Holy balls this disc is amazing at this weight. Super easy distance and a nice fade. Not bothered too much by crosswinds. Just amazing!

At first I wasn't able to bag these. Just a touch too much disc for my current abilities. That it until I flick this bad boy. It's right there for fh distance with my wraith...shocking lol

Got a 167 Neutron Wrath today. And I have to say this rounds out this speed class for me perfectly. Its that nice stable bookend I was looking for. I can rely on it to fade every time I throw it and that is exactly what I needed.

Would anybody say that its pointless to carry the wrath and the insanity in the same bag? Ive only thrown the wrath so far. Does anyone carry all 4 in that speed class?